AFL 23 - Megathread

Alrighty sweet as man thanks for letting us know and hopefully soon my pack luck gets me the other diamond card

3 Likes

I cant play any online mode, gives me an error, any ideas? On xbox

Whats the error? Without knowing that its nearly impossible to give advice

1 Like

@JNT_BA just a quic question with the controls. what does the L2 power modifier on defence do. does holding L2 make it something like a harder tackle, bigger spoil etc?

No contracts means after a week only superstar teams will exist. Theyā€™ll never need to be swapped out, and no need to keep playing the game to get packs with contracts or new players.

I understand the frustration for the spot youā€™re inā€¦ but thatā€™s why Iā€™ve built a second team of Bronze players to play games and still earnā€¦ and why (for now) Iā€™m focusing on selecting players and contracts in packsā€¦ but I will eventually build that up enough so I can spend on the other pieces like jumpers, banners, and awesome beaniesā€¦

For Disconnected from Steamā€¦ losing a contract SHOULD still mean some XP / Points for the game. (Iā€™m not sure because I havenā€™t been disconnected yet). If that doesnā€™t happen, then Iā€™d suggest raising it as a support ticketā€¦ otherwise I think thatā€™s fine.

1 Like

The fact that I keep getting disconnected for no reason while im winning games and it still counts as a loss AND costs contracts is a complete an utter joke. I like the concept behind this mode and applaud big ant for continuing to support and rectfy the game but why release ProTeam when it clearly isnā€™t ready. Did you not learn anything from the releasing the whole game when it wasnā€™t ready last year?

1 Like

For anyone unsure with how contracts work and a way around burning all your top cards contracts i just put up a video.

I also put up an objectives video just showing places you may not have checked for extra rewards.

6 Likes

Was a pleasure having you here, farewell wifine :wave:

@JNT_BA could there be work done to the objectives section? As it is it is kinda hard to read and find where thereā€™s an objective complete. The only way I know I have some done is the blue dot over the objective tab. Then I have to search thru all the objectives to find it, which is annoying af. If the grouped objectives with a completed task could be highlighted of sorts (similar to the blue dot or maybe something else) itā€™ll make it 10x better!

4 Likes

@JNT_BA ā€¦ Is there a way you could have a section in a match, you can have objectives shown, otherwise if you check the objectives than go into a game I tend to forget what the objectives are

1 Like

In school right now, edging to play pro team. Ive got 500 dollars ready to go to spend on pro team coins.

Yeah, weā€™ve had that requested a few times. While itā€™s not a super high priority at this very second it certainly would be a good thing to have. Once the objectives are updated and working better itā€™s something Iā€™ll bring up again to the team.

4 Likes

Not only are Objectives working now, theyā€™re back-dated, including my stats for the games while it was down.

Wooo!

7 Likes

Time to spend up mate!

No mate. Itā€™s about being smart with your cards. Use Bronze players for easy games, and your best team for the bigger challenges.

Anyway, go claim whatever Objectives rewards youā€™ve earned (theyā€™re working now, and back-dated), so youā€™ll have more XP for Level Progression or Pointsā€¦ then you get packs start making better choices.

2 Likes

A small server update is about to be applied to help with some more things. This is a little larger than the ones we have been doing for objectives. There may be some slow down for around 15 mins.

5 Likes

FYI the level and XP Remaining values up the top right donā€™t appear to update when you claim the Objectives rewardsā€¦ but theyā€™re there, just go back to the main menu then back into Pro Team and itā€™ll be correct.

Contracts weā€™re removed from most ā€˜ultimate teamā€™ games for a reason. No one likes them. They drive players away from playing the game, as they stop users from using their favourite players. Why should I, as a player, have to resort to using 60 overall bronze players when playing an offline game, when my best/favourite players are in my inventory too. I play Pro Team to use my favourite players, not to grind offline modes using bronze players. Though EA FCā€™S ā€˜Ultimate Teamā€™ does have contracts, they are insanely easy to obtain, with even the worst contracts lasting days/weeks. Big Ant, please, either remove contracts from the game, or make them way easier to obtain, they really take out the fun of the game and are pushing me away from playing Pro Team any more.

6 Likes

Well then this is personal preferenceā€¦ and I (along with others) would prefer Contracts to stay in thereā€¦ but I understand your point on playing as your favourite players.

2 Likes

Mateā€¦ donā€™t waste $500 on a game!