AFL 23 - Megathread

@Sharpedo Yeah! Only spend $100 like reasonable people :joy: $50 now and $50 in season 2 to pack RICHOOOOOO

4 Likes

Also @JNT_BA

Iā€™ve noticed on prem challengeā€¦ every game result is wrong. Say I win a match 100-50 for exampleā€¦ the result on the main screen and on the post match screen shows it as 50 to me - 100 to opponent. But still says I won.

Also noticed that 9/10 times the scores arenā€™t accurate to what was actually scored, especially in the event the opponent quits early. Surely thereā€™s a fix coming for this?

I get it may not be priority 1 as itā€™s not really impacting the game rather just looks strange in stats.

1 Like

If they donā€™t remove contracts, im fine with that, but Big Ant need to realise the lack of contracts which are rewarded and obtainable, as well as the length of most of the contracts. They are too hard to obtain and donā€™t last long enough. I believe its a win-win, if they increase the volume of contracts (without removing them), as it pleases the part of the community which despises contracts, by making them less prominent, as well pleasing the community which likes contracts, by keeping them in the game.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s all I want :joy: then maybe the push up king later down the track :joy:

The contracts are fine. Could there be more contracts available. Certainly. Iā€™ve been slandering big ant for 2 years. But this mode has been public for 4 days. They can add things to it at any time

4 Likes

Honestly though, this mode has a lot of potential, its not perfect but I remember the days of Madden, Fifa and 2K still sorting out the kinks in their modes, BA will learn and improve it, we just gotta be patient and maybe use some bronze and silvers every now and then

2 Likes

I donā€™t hate the concept of contracts, but its just the lack of them available which annoys me. Apart from the contracts, I really do believe Big Ant did a great job with Pro Team. Small improvements here and there, new cards added weekly or fortnightly, and weā€™ve got an amazing game on our hands.

Anyone know if the pack opening animation means anything at all? Tryna see if like a colour shown in the animation has relation to a player you pack, similar to fifa.

@JNT_BA another idea you could pitch which I reckon would be awesome. Lengthen the pack opening animation and add things to show special stats about the top player you pack, as a way to hype up who you get. For example show what position the player plays in, then show year drafted, then club, then rating and finally show the actual player card. Pretty much exactly as fifa does it!

1 Like

There is a perfectly quick and easy way to build your so called ultimate team.

You just want to have it free, fast and easy thatā€™s all. Thereā€™s plenty of people who donā€™t want to fork out money (me included) that accept it will be an absolute grind, where you have to be patient, make thought out decisions, play lots of games, play at a different level and perhaps cop some whacks with packs along the way to make it work.

6 Likes

@Border then thereā€™s me, opening packs and now have a second team to avoid the contracts problem :joy:

5 Likes

just had app crash on 3rd last game of ladder leaders, what the f

Ayo I just packed bont twice. Whatā€™s the sell price for him does anyone know?

Scratch that heā€™s the only one really worth getting. Either him or a silver so easy decision tbh

1 Like

Thereā€™s so many contradictions in what youā€™re saying. No one is forcing you to do anything - there are plenty of contracts if youā€™re prepared to pay to open packs, like you said you were.

Iā€™ve not spent a cent myself so far and have plenty of them sitting there waiting to use, as do others on this very forum.

Day 3 and youā€™re complaining about something that is very random across the user experience is nuts. Let the dust settle, be creative and see what shakes out over a longer period.

1 Like

Instead of picking 4 players in a pack trying picking 2 players and 2 contracts each time to build them up.

there are plenty of ways to build up contracts,.

Grinding is part of these modes, handing everyone all the best players on a silver platter seems rather pointless.

Maybe a contract solution could be that contracts earnt / applied, apply to all players?

or do contracts for all forwards, contracts for all mids, contracts for all defenders?

Iā€™m personally ok with it as is because I know to manage the playing list for different modes.

But wouldnā€™t be fussed if they went either or got adjusted.

3 Likes

So what are you spending your FP on?

Love this steam lost connection feature, very cool, very nice.

I fumbled tf out of this game but what a comeback! Had to kick a bomb from 55 out with serong with 5 seconds left to get the winning goal but got a point and lost.

5 Likes

I thought contracts were a massive issue at first too, but I learnt how to manage my team better, using silvers and golds for offline to gain rewards to then use on packs for contracts and then playing a few games of Premiership ladder and then repeat the process.

3 Likes

If you donā€™t care about kits and stadiums and all that, sell them for more credits which is what I did so I can get more contracts

@JNT_BA Williamstown Cricket Ground looks absolutely incredible, canā€™t see any way I would change it

1 Like