AFL 23 - Megathread

I can’t use my team, haven won any games and the rewards were to low , so I’m stuck and can’t do much

I don’t think the auto interchange works for premiership challenge, so may as well use all bronzes in those 5 positions to save contracts

The player i was about to verse in a premiership mode disconnected before the game even started (no win or loss for either player) and it cost me contracts ffs

last time i’ll say it. contracts need to go.

2 Likes

What are the chances they actually do get rid of contracts? @JNT_BA

wont happen , the goal is to make us pay to get new packs to get contracts . I would love for the contracts to go but they won’t let that happen

1 Like

Chuck and Crock - 2 new accounts, probably both alts who just joined today to try crap on because they have no idea how to manage their team.
Nice :clap:

1 Like

Does make sense , wouldn’t surprise me

Lost my 6th to last ladder leaders match because of stuff like tackling the AI 5 times in a row near the goal square and they still kick the goal. They break nearly every tackle even when I’m doing what I’m suppose to do. And realized quickly afterwards that you have to restart the whole thing again. Whilst typing this I saw that after the update apparently tackling might be harder?

Tbh PT is not as enjoyable as I had thought, that’s the honest truth , it just feels like normal online and I can’t see any difference between online or PT apart from the cards.

Ive got to say I am enjoying Pro Team so much, I dont enjoy online modes but there are plenty of options to just enjoy on your own which is perfect for me. As far as contracts go I just concentrate on my fav/best players and rotate the rest of the squad around them.

2 Likes

Again with the contradictory reply. If you don’t want to play a long match then there are plenty of other modes and challenges to play. One of the points of the challenges in the mode is to add variety to the game. You actually have a choice here my friend.

1 Like

They’ve put a LOT of thought and time behind this mode, I am personally loving premiership challenge. Sure the server has been under strain recently but they’ve pretty much fixed online. Ladder leaders is a grind yes, but it’s really no more grindy than management mode and means more. I feel they should slightly increase the % chance of contracts in packs and then this mode will just about be perfect. Now they can give Merrett a special card for goal of the year :heart_eyes: lock it in baby! Also has anyone else noticed some new marking animations? I swear my players never took chest marks

1 Like

Can I ask why in the ladder leaders some of the matchups are 10-15 minute quarters like that’s insane especially on very easy like I’m not gonna sit here for 45 mins to an hour 10 smashing a team that’s ridiculous

2 Likes

Yeah haha, it’s bad enough having to dread the eventual disconnects out of my control with the 5minute qtrs let alone the 15min qtrs.

@JNT_BA 4 games of Premiership Challenge in row that it has loaded the team logos and the game has crashed…counting as loss and using a contract I’m assuming haha

I wonder if it’s crashed for the other person too and we’re both getting a loss?

Really enjoying it all so far in the limited time i get to play!

A couple of things ive had a think about that could be refined:

-premiership challenge online mode, id make the ladder duration 2 week cyclces instead of the full 55 days. That just feels too long to wait for rewards and finals.

-contracts, while im managing them all ok i wouldnt be against seeing a line contract.

E.g forward line contract applies the games to all of your forwards. I think this will help ease some peoples pain on miss managment.

-ladder leaders, id cap the easy levels duration at 7.5 min quarters. Save the 15 min quarters for the top end hardest challenges.

8 Likes

Premiership Challenge should be similar to EAFC rivals, have the season go for the 40-60 days, but ladder should cycle every 1-2 weeks. Saying that, I can’t even play it atm!

Yeah just happened to me so wont be playing until that’s sorted both my 2 losses have been from two system issues.

You know you can play coach battles, right?

Short games - because that’s what you’re after

Varied difficulties because you like to flex your victories.

In fact, the easiest possible way to guarantee a contract of immense value is to go and play Featured HP and beat the 2023 draftees. Battle ends in 3 days.

Cheers Bro

1 Like