AFL 23 - Megathread

Sorry if this has been metioned before. But will there be a Player Career Mode added into AFL 23? It’s all ive been waiting for honestly and it’d be so good if there was like news and media with realistic deals and stuff that happens after your game. Might be too much to ask for but FIFA couldnt even give us a good PCM this year

nah mate, they focused their resources fully on pro team with this edition of AFL. No Player Career Mode will be added unfortunately. Hopefully it will be in the next edition though!

I think I owe an apology of sorts in regards to the contracts saga.

Initially (prior to having to apply a contract to anyone) my view was that if you had a secondary side you should be able to spread the load enough to keep things flowing and not burn through your top players contracts.

This morning came a time where I needed to apply my first set of contracts and I didn’t actually realize how fewer contracts are applied to Emerald / Sapphire players when applying Gold or Silver contracts.

In some cases it was only a handful of games, substantially down on what I thought was going to be allocated.

I had enough contracts in play to cover most of my players this time around but i also have a lot of gold players so i was getting maximum value from the contracts.

If i had 1 or 2 more Sapphire or Emerald players in my side I would have struggled to top them up over 10 games worth.

Even though I do take contracts in every pack where available, I don’t think i will have enough to cover my team next time around especially if I add a few more sapphire or emerald players to the squad.

Apologies to those I indicated the notion of player managing would get this done easily, I didn’t realise the heavy slashing on the contracts applied to those higher cards at the time.

7 Likes

Contracts are disastrous. My players out of contract and got no consumables to put on?? What do i do and how can i play? I aint putting money into it

4 Likes

Yeah contracts basically have to be removed out of the game or every pack you open needs to guarantee you get a contract in it. Plus I always had the view that having contracts in these type of modes doesn’t add any value/enjoyment to the mode

4 Likes

@JNT_BA how long roughly does it take for my ticket to be looked at? just really eager to open the packs and get playin again.

Pretty sure they canned it this time around to focus on Pro Team.

Even Management career is half finished.

We were told early on that reserves teams (VFL, etc.) would tie into it so you could monitor player form, but they don’t.

The worst part of it is not having in-game injuries. You have to sim every second match just to get some injured players to make it more realistic.

2 Likes

I just wish they would put more
Focus into management mode. I’m not interested in proteam at all I just want to make a crap Essendon side good :joy: but with out getting injuries and suspensions in gameplay and not being able to control the reserves side what’s the point of playing it.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: whats the ticket number?

the numbers are #24724 @JNT_BA

@JNT_BA now that pro team is out is there going to be any work done on management mode? It is basically half finished and unless you sim every game it’s pointless

People who rage quit need a serious penalty or something because it wastes contracts or instead of getting a serious penalty we dont lose contracts or something its getting beyond a joke haha

Do you get the win and points/XP when the other person disconnects?

I like both. Hopefully the extra revenue brought in by people supporting Proteam will allow a larger development budget to improve management mode in the next game.

trying to play premiership challenge and getting a connection error, any ideas?

My in game is stuck at 14fps despite having a 2070 super
GPU gets stuck at 100% utilization

Ive sent a support ticket but wondering if anyone has a fix

Ive tried basically everything but no changes at all

Contract’s need to be removed immediately

1 Like

You do but u lose contracts even if the disconnect before the game when they see your team

1 Like

I bought $120 worth of pro team coins and it hasn’t come through, what am I suppose to do?

@JNT_BA so ive kicked over 871 goals in one objective now its frozen at that and the other objective is stuck at 51 and wont move i think certain objectibes are still broken

1 Like