AFL 23 - Megathread

Nah man a lot of things are broken in the game, objectives not tracking is one plus games crashing online, which is very frustrating (loss of contracts and the game)

Sadly have to spend money to get them. I hope there is a way around that one day

Yea hopefully, otherwise itā€™s a massive money grab for BA which is just gonna discourage players eventually

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m gonna give in and get some coins on Thursday to get more contracts

Yep, kinda a joke tbh. Expecting people to sink money into a half finished game mode riddled with bugs which we have waited a year to get is ridiculous.

If youre gonna release it and continue to develop it atleast tell your community that its beta or early access rather than marketing the game mode as complete and still milking it

1 Like

Small update released for PS5 tonight. Are any patch notes available?

@JNT_BA can you try make an afl 23 website like fc24 has? might be a good addition.

@evansp You know the database websites for EAFC are separate to EA right?

1 Like

Busy day for you @JNT_BA

• a few home visits to troubleshoot some network/internet set ups
  • whip up a website
  • a patch for PS5 buttons for Steam Version
  • drop some contracts into some letterboxes
  • deliver a few boxes of tissueā€™s
  • take out a few rage quitters along the way

And donā€™t forget to sprinkle some Pack Luck around the placeā€¦

You should have that done by Lunchtime - easy

7 Likes

Ah, a normal day for me. Iā€™m just that good :rofl: Iā€™ll add it to my list of things.

6 Likes

Objectives still down :sob::sob: ive atleast completed 10 objectives and there not working

1 Like

I had an objective pop up this morning when I fired it up, must of been completed from a few days ago. it was the eddie betts assists one.

seems like as they fix they just come through, at least the pop through eventually though!

2 Likes

@Border Saying that, I havenā€™t touched PT in a few days because I canā€™t get into a Premiership Challenge game :joy:

I think some are registering now, as iā€™ve seen 25 for 25 spoils is adding now but i completed that days ago as well as multiple other ones now i got to grind to get them done again :frowning:

1 Like

@JNT_BA Just wondering ā€¦ for Proteam and the layout for the cards, could that possibly be changed to say something like a footy oval like a coaches board??

Just thought that would look cool and bit clearer

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if you will need to grind them again, I feel like they all catch up and populate eventually?

itā€™s almost like the back end of the system BA see has tallied everything but it just isnā€™t flowing through to the front end.

Maybe Iā€™m completely wrong though, but I have had a few pop up days later when I havenā€™t been playing games but just browsing stuff.

3 Likes

That seems to have been my experience too PP

1 Like

100% few days ago that was the case and I did notice that the next time i logged in.

Didnā€™t receive any when I checked today even the 35 kicks in one game still on 0.

No biggie, Iā€™ve got multiple squads to get these objectives as quick as I can but in life terms Iā€™m not someone who likes doing things twice lol

Would love to see those Weekly objectives updated though maybe even chuck in a daily objective that can be the same to make it easier on devs just so thereā€™s something to bring us back everyday to try complete.

Even giving out 1x Silver or Gold contract on a daily objective would ease the constant talk about the contract issues players have, this would still keep player engagement up on all servers and would reward loyal players with a bank full of contracts over time.

2 Likes

Yeah a daily objective would be nice!

Iā€™m in the same boat as you, hoping a few more pop up soon!

2 Likes

I quick guess from meā€¦
The server could be getting smashed at night by all the users on them. During those times the stats accumulate, but the server is crunching the numbers from so many players, and it canā€™t yet send back the info that youā€™ve worked on or completed the objective (which is why it pops the next morning, when the number crunching is done and the servers arenā€™t getting smacked!)
Or itā€™s a cache issue on the server queryā€¦ and once that cache value expires, the new query tells you where youā€™re actually at.

Just a random guess from a similar analytics thing Iā€™ve seen in my own workā€¦

Anyway, I do think there may be some objectives (like the player archetypes ones) that are also bugged in a different way, and maybe arenā€™t trackingā€¦ but most seem to update the next day.

3 Likes