AFL 23 - Megathread

@JNT_BA New packs coming today or tomorrow? As the current ones mention they expire today.

4 Likes

Would be cool if we could buy the contracts separately too @JNT_BA could this be a possibility?

2 Likes

Ive been away for a couple of days and im so confused

New packs coming today?

1 Like

I canā€™t get into a game of premiership challange

I just bought pro team coins but for some reason the coins havent been put into my account and the transfer has gone through. Does anybody knkw how to fix this?

Raise a ticket with the support team. There are links on this forum to it

no clue they are the same packs just with no expiry on them now

I understand you guys are aware of the objectives being bugged and are trying to fix them, but any idea when? Several of mine, specifically the legendary ones, have been frozen for nearly a week and Iā€™m certain theyā€™d be near completed. Just wondering roughly when it might be fixed? Cheers

3 Likes

are there any new packs, cards or content leading up to finals?

The player switching definitely needs some tweaks. More times than not when I switch players, it switches me to the furthest player away and then inadvertently I put that player out of position. 9/10 times when I switch players I wanna switch to the player closest to the ball

1 Like

Hey There, Iā€™ve been playing Pro Team since it released not long ago . I think the game is in a good position gameplay wise, but unfortunately the contracts situation is letting the game down. I want to be able to play the game constantly, but I have been ultimately forced to get off the game as I have simply ran out of contracts.

This seems to be an issue within the community and itā€™s now gotten to the point for myself that I cannot choose to play Pro Team anymore due to my contracts situation with players.

I personally alongside with the community believe contracts need to revamped ASAP. Since game mode release I have been battling to stay on top of my contract situation, itā€™s gotten to the point where I have no contracts left to give to a couple of my players. Making the game unplayable for me as I have no spare players.

I think a simple fix with making it easier to obtain contacts whether it being cheaper packs from the store simply for ONLY contracts. Or offline modes such as Coach Battles/Ladder Leaders not using players contacts would make it much easier for users.

In regards to the current contracts situation. Most contracts only give 2+ games on Emerald and higher cards which is not enough considering how hard contracts are to get in the game.

Users like myself in the community want to be able to spend there money on player packs and focusing on gradually upgrading there team with better players instead of having to worry about contracts constantly.

Although this I would like to thank big ant for there commitment to the game although things havenā€™t always gone smoothly. Having played the game I must admit Iā€™m quite surprised in big ants efforts. I just hope that something can be done about the contract situation as I believe there are many ways this can be fixed for many users like myself to continue playing the game
@JNT_BA

Kind Regards
Lucas

5 Likes

Very well spoken mate! Couldnā€™t agree more :100:

2 Likes

Will there be new cards this season, if so when do you think they will be released?

Welcome to the forum Lucas, a nicely written post.

You make an interesting point regarding the contracts, however it does seem like you have mismanaged your team more than anything else or perhaps have a particular bug bear for some reason?

Youā€™re saying you canā€™t keep playing Pro Team yet further down you say you want to buy Player Packs? Seems pretty contradictory donā€™t you think? If youā€™re prepared to buy player packs to play then surely you could buy some team builder packs to get you going. There is actually a lot of contracts in them and despite you saying most only have contracts for 2 games (emerald +), I and others here certainly havenā€™t found that to always be the case.

How do you accumulate so many Emerald plus players requiring contracts if you have no spare players? It seems more like youā€™ve mismanaged things trying to upgrade players quickly instead of managing things as a whole, which is what the mode requires. Reinvesting in Team Builder packs instead of player packs wouldā€™ve been a much smarter strategy. It really sounds like you wanted everything now without wanting to grind away at it, or play the mode the way it was intended.

As mentioned above, Pro Team needs to be played as an entire mode. Trying to cherry pick parts of it wonā€™t work in the longer term, especially if youā€™re wanting to do it without paying for it.

Now having said that, Iā€™m sure that Big Ant are listening to all the feedback from everyone. There has already been several good ideas regarding accessibility of contracts on this very forum.

Cheers

1 Like

Hey Mate,

I agree to mismanaging team at the start of game. I didnā€™t understand the contract situation well enough and it definitely cost me. I have 5 emerald or higher cards. Half picked from when you start the game. NO money spent on the game. But again the amount of games on those contracts are way to minimal for a pack that cost 2000 FP points with 4 picks inside of the team builder pack that contains those contracts, most having only 2 games on an emerald or higher player.

I think we can all agree players should not have to spend there money on this game just to obtain contracts easier, to be able to play the game, I think that is quite ridiculous you suggesting for players to spend money on something that should be very accessible in order to play the game mode. It should be easily accessible for users instead of insisting on players to spend money on it so they can play the game mode.

I agree there are ways that it can be fixed and that big ant are looking into peopleā€™s advice. I just hope that they can even it out and make the game more enjoyable by fixing contracts. As I said game mode has been enjoyable to play, except for this persistent issue the community has been facing.

Cheers

5 Likes

I was in the same boat but bounced back. I learnt the hard way about management of my team. Once you get the management right itā€™s much easier :+1:

1 Like

This is the error that comes up in the academy on ps5, why do no logos load ???

Iā€™m still not having any issues with contracts.
I get contracts and players in packs as a priority, and I play Coach Battles that have contracts as rewards, and at least 1 Premiership Challange game a week so I get the weekly reward from thereā€¦
Then thereā€™s also all the contracts you can get in Level Progressionā€¦.
So no issues over hereā€¦ however maybe some cheaper Team Builder packsā€¦ with larger percentage chance for Contracts in them for those still having problems.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not suggesting everyone has to spend money at all. I raised it to show you the ridiculousness of you saying youā€™ll spend money on packs but you canā€™t go on because youā€™re out of contracts.

Thereā€™s a perfectly good way to get going if you really want to, you stated very clearly you were prepared to buy packs. Our good mate Stallions is testament you can come back after mismanaging his team.

By your own admission you botched the management of it and now you want that part removed because YOU botched it, thatā€™s pretty funny.

Plenty of people arenā€™t having issues with contracts, there are many suggestions here on this board on how to target more of them. No one is ā€˜insistingā€™ players spend money to play the game.

The one thing I will agree with is this. It does seem like there needs to be a secondary way for people to be able to keep playing in the event they have completely mismanaged their team. That said, it should be a tough grind to get yourself back into the game otherwise people will just continually run their sides into the ground.