AFL 23 - Megathread

What happens when you change the primary account user for afl 23?

@JNT_BA Couple quick questions for the team:

Is there any chance we can get more guernsey slots for Pro Team? Seems counter productive in a mode where collecting is half the point to limit us to only 3 usable slots.

Also can we get the option to change the other teamā€™s guernsey in the Coach Battles? Pulled one of my favourite home guernseys early on but literally can never use it because the game always defaults the opposition to their home guernsey.

3 Likes

Got a 200+ win over the WA state of orgins team. My rucks led the way with 10 goals each, scored 335 to 87. Which broke my previous record. So the team is doing pretty good. Now I have 39 wins and 9 losses and have been implementing more kicking and less handballing (but I still love to handball alot tho)

5 Likes

I like the idea of being able to change the AIā€™s jumper in Coach Battles as well. Iā€™ve also wondered how hard it would be to implement a change to jumper once the game has started in Management mode. Have been caught out a few times there thinking it looks ok in the preview. Or at least the option to rotate the player/jumper in the preview screen to see how the jumper looks from the rear before you start the match

2 Likes

Hot swapping mid-match would be a large undertaking with how it is all set up in the other modes like management, even more so when it comes to the Pro Team. Not something I would want to push out lightly. Iā€™ll bring it up when we are done working on some other Pro Team updates.

Yeah, thatā€™s a good point. Iā€™ll see if this is something that can be done. Wonā€™t be an immediate thing as it would require a number of teams to get that sorted, but Iā€™ll have a chat with the AFL team to see what we can do.

As for the limit of three was put in to give options but as the teams are sent to make sure there are no issues with connectivity changing that to say 100 would have a negative effect on the stability to your opponent. While sure you can collect them all they would need to be assigned to each lineup.

2 Likes

@JNT_BA can you give us any info about what youā€™ve got planned for pro team over the next couple weeks ?

Hopefully a Dyson Heppell legend card :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Also, on the jumpers, in Premiership Challenge games it gives you the choice to change the opponentā€™s jumper already (which is great because each person can choose what best avoids conflict for them!).

However, the only jumpers you can choose from for the opponent are the ones you have yourselfā€¦not the ones they have selected in their ProTeam (I believe thatā€™s the case, from talking with the opponents I play and what they seeā€¦at least thatā€™s what I originally saw).
(@Pink_Panters in your video with Sharpy, can you tell if you have those jumpers shown in his video?
https://youtube.com/shorts/BKKnGJG_FOQ?si=vCbdNoklBeyEC5_t )

Itā€™d be pretty cool to actually choose between THEIR available guernseys, so see what else is out thereā€¦(but maybe still also being able to choose one of your guernseys still, in case they only have jumpers that would cause a conflict).

4 Likes

Confirming the jumper selection i had was based on the ones in my collection.

So never any clashes thankfully!

1 Like

Started playing proteam on my older PlayStation (ps4) name and won a game with bronze players, quite easy to do now

Thoughts about position locks for only pro team mode? I feel that some time down the line this may have to happen. By position lock I mean say forward line only 2 keys and 4 general forwards. This would stop players like my self from stacking their forward line with 6 key forwards with high marking stats. I just feel this may help with lineup balances. Interested in other peopleā€™s thoughts

1 Like

The way my teams set up, I hope not :joy:

Had my first overtime game in ladder leaders today. Those 3.5 minute games are so underrated in difficulty, feel like theyā€™re way harder than the 10 minute ones. My mistake underestimating how big of a different the highest rated key fwds and ruck/mids would have against my bronzes. Was getting outmarked way way too often and when they got a clearance it was all over if they bombed it in. Thankfully clutched up but that was like 12 games into the first ladder leaders one. Was pooping myself that Iā€™d lose all that progress! :rofl:

1 Like

@JNT_BA ive got multiple objectives that havenā€™t been tracking for at least a week and others since the start of the mode any updates on if and when this will be fixed because when they start tracking and they catch up to the progress I will definitely have completed them

@JNT_BA would it be possible to implement a cancellation of disposal ?
For example, Iā€™ve powered up the kicking metre and noticed Iā€™m about to get tackled. Would be great if I could change that kick to a handball which would prevent the currently inevitable holding the ball decision

3 Likes

Yeah found this too with some Objectives. The ones that stopped tracking are the Legendary onesā€¦ reaching Pluggerā€™s goal tally, Harveyā€™s Inside 50s etc. They tracked for a bitā€¦ but seem to have stopped.

Some ones that donā€™t pop at all are probably more well known. Like

Weekly: Big Comeback - win a match after being down 20 points
Defender Archetypes - ā€˜bothā€™ Backline General archetypes.
Forward Archetypes - crumbing and livewire, pressure etc.
Ruckman Archetypes - Lumbering Ruckman.

Also, All Clubs Involved apparently needs all 2024 cards. It didnā€™t pop when I had two 2023 cards in thereā€¦ but was all good when I swapped them out for 2024 ones.

3 Likes

Why is shooting for goal in general play/on the run so inaccurate on hard difficulties, but easy on easier difficulties.

Think about what you just said brother

8 Likes

Interesting about the Legendary ones - mine seem to be tracking still. Eddieā€™s pocket done, Riewoldtā€™s Marks is done and the other 3 still seem to be increasing. Iā€™ll pay more attention to those next time Iā€™m on to confirm.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a fair few of them not tracking or stopped tracking maybe 8-10 of them.

The goals one Iā€™ve been stuck on 940 I think but if you go to stats my goals are at like 1250 so itā€™s tracking but the objectives arenā€™t representing that number.

1 Like