AFL 23 - Megathread

I thought bont wasnt either because i played against a 91 bont (sapphire) unless that is his 2023 card

@Lucasroro The sapphire card is 2023 :slight_smile:

How do we know that, itā€™s been less than a month since ProTeam launched. The updates that JNT talker about said that they would require heaps of testing. Still a month and a bit of footy, I doubt theyā€™ll leave it at this

I feel like the game has some sort of scripting. Do you guys use skill based match making? Iā€™m position 28 in rank 1 and i feel like sometimes everything goes my way iā€™m dominating and other times i just cannot do anything. I canā€™t mark or tackle cause people just spam speccy and juke and they do the thing where they just keep hand balling out of tackles but when i try to i just canā€™t. i canā€™t help but feel that you guys give the advantage to players who are on a losing streak or something?

Has anyone got a player then it has disappeared I got Zak butters tonight and then gone all of a sudden? Not sure what happend

Yeah I will delete that.

Now youā€™re more than welcome to reformulate your message where you donā€™t include random attacks for what seems like the sake of it.

First and last warning after breaking a number of rules in a single post.

Please post it on reddit. I like reading new things over there. I donā€™t understand people who make ā€œthreatsā€ like that.

Iā€™m not required to answer ā€œALLā€ of your questions. Also since you clearly missed the few times itā€™s been mentioned. The updates did go into the second proteam patch so your entire first paragraph was wasted.

Iā€™m not sure where all these magical posts Iā€™ve deleted are, if rules arent broken things arenā€™t deleted. Maybe read up and there is lots of criticisms. But you keep doing you.

5 Likes

I think the rewards for lower player teams should be increased for the players who arenā€™t very good. Personally Iā€™ve been avoiding Coach Battles as the rewards there donā€™t really catch my attention. Hence why I prefer ladder leaders as I gain more rewards from that.

Interesting opinion mate - I like the variety of both of the modes. Coach battles you still receive FP and XP on a game by game basis, just not a ā€˜setā€™ reward on top of it like each level on Ladder Leaders. You get a weekly reward instead, which is generally quite large (multiple contracts etc) so it definitely pays to play each one at least once for the week to cash in there as well.

Always plenty of ways to do it!

3 Likes

Do we have an ETA on objectives tracking properly?

More objectives have been fixed up now.
I found the Lumbering Ruck one triggered for me last night (but I was sure to make it a 2024 card, as that may have been the underlying problem).

I still have a few not tracking though:-

• Big Comeback
  • The Rebound 50s in the progressive long stats one.
  • The Legendary ones stopped tracking

But I think all others are working now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve won over 50 games in a row now (more then 3/4ths of people just rage quit in the first quarter, so I spend all my coins on team builder packs to afford the insane contracts).

Some quarters i get smashed in the clearances (everything goes their way, even while Iā€™m winning the HOā€™s) and thereā€™s certain times Iā€™ll tackle around 5-6 times in a row in my D50 and theyā€™ll still keep picking it up while my players over run the ball, which eventuates in a goal for them.

Besides those two things, I donā€™t see much else that Iā€™d describe as scripting.

Thanks for the heads up on the Lumbering one, had tried 2x2023 and 1 x 2023 but not the 2024 option. Only one needed for the set!

The comeback one isnā€™t triggering for me as yet, but I thought the rebound one was increasing at least. Reckon Iā€™m a couple of hundred away from that now.

@GoatFlopper - pretty sure mine are working, Iā€™m within 100 goals of having it done now.

So you made a demand, and you then decided to attack me and had to use *** to try to bypass the vulgarity protection cause it stopped you from using a word. Yeah, Iā€™m pretty sure you did. Since you didnā€™t even rework what you said and had to come to defend yourself and I did address one thing you said. You can go now.

Hi Reddit, keep up the good work. Youā€™ve helped me narrow some stuff down with your comments!

@JNT_BA Holy mother of Gary Ablett Jr what have I missed

1 Like

Just the normal characters, nothing new or worth thinking about.

Hey @JNT_BA , do you peeps have an understanding of what is actually happening with the triggering of objectives? (this is not a dig btw, more like I assume BigAnt knows what the underlying issue is)

If so, and as I have experienced in the past with trial and error, are you at all able to share with us maybe some of the ā€œworkaroundsā€ we can use to help complete them whilst you guys are working on fixing them?
(for example - to get X, you need to make sure itā€™s with 2023 cards)

Maybe it could be something you post on the support page as a ā€˜known issueā€™ or something like that.

It depends on the objective. We have been going through each one we notice reports on 1 by 1 then have to go through the long process of checking each one based on how many pings the mode gets. See if there are inefficient parts of it, most of them people report we quite literally have no issue triggering, and then we have to work backward to what may be happening along the line which is why itā€™s taken longer than we want as we have to do the same process based on each report we get.

The next objectives the team prepped are also going through the same process on the internal version to make sure we can avoid this.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed response. Really appreciate it.

Also, me being a ā€˜pro team nuffieā€™, I have no clue how it works, but do the objectives change with every season?

@JNT_BA can you hold packs in your inventory that you receive from objectives etc to then open once legends are introduced?

Any news on management mode updates or is this a pro team thread now?