AFL 23 - Megathread

I’ve never noticed but Darcy looks massive in game haha need him at FF in pro team i think

The thing is… he IS huge in real life.

I am a Crows supporter and I sit front row near the goals at the Northern end of AO each week, and when the Bullies came to town the other week he was standing on the line against O’Brien and he was a whole HEAD taller than him.

Blew me away when I saw it with my own eyes.

yeah i know he is massive haha i’d love him at tigerland

1 Like

Maybe i’ve just lost my touch hahaha. also wondering @JNT_BA If there’s any way to time marks, spoils and ruck contests. I’ve been told it’s based on the vibration of the controller but sometimes i feel i’m missing something. Any tips?

With ruck contests, I find that the vibration is good but slightly off.
I believe the instructions say to move the stick when the ball it at the highest peak, which I find works, especially when my ruck is coming up against the likes of Gawn.

As for marking, depending on what level you are playing on will determine how much wriggle room you get.

EASY means you can get the buzz and then press the button and it gives you a bigger window of error against lets say HARD needs to be near perfect for it to work.
Along with that comes the skill of your player vs the opposition. So if ever in doubt… go the spoil.

2 Likes

The key to good success from a rags to riches. 1.Be the first to the ball at the center makes sure your ruck slaps it to a midfielder. 2. Handball from the midfielder to another teammate. 3 teammate kicks the ball to near the oppo goals. This is how I’ve been successful out of the center bounce,

I’ve found the best mark timing is just after the vibration… like, immediately after you feel it.
Saying that, online you may also have a bit of lag… so it could be ON the vibration…
And then, you might just be up against someone with better timing… or better attributes/positioning… so it can be tough.

I’ve had some online games where it’s been very one-sided in the marking all game… both for and against.

He doesn’t have to answer anything, we are lucky he actually communicates with us about the goings on with future patchs and future proteam content. Won’t surprise me if @JNT_BA doesn’t communicate with the community after that.

Have you even played it recently? Pro team is the best feature in any AFL game ever. I was fairly critical of the game and Bigant since release but pro team has converted me, especially if we keep getting card updates until the next AFL game is released in however many years. Would like to see a few specials and legends dropped for season end than the 2025 cards next year and so on.

Also don’t know how internet savvy the community is but a site like FUTHEAD or FUTWIZ for AFL would be game changing as more cards are released just to get an idea of your wanted layout and be able to share easier.

Only criticism at the moment is player running last the ball after ruck taps (mainly against Gawn I find it’s the worst) you finally win one just for them to shark it anyway :joy: but changing tactics makes a big difference. Also it’s a bit too easy to run out of the contest and the tackling needs to be fixed, I’ve tried every trick suggested and can’t tackle like some seem to

Also to the blokes playing 6 Key Forwards abusing the mark settings :fu:

2 Likes

Bahaha move on mate maybe you’re the issue here not everyone else. Go cry to reddit for your fake internet points.

I love how you still don’t get its not what you said about the game. You broke no rules with your criticism on the game.

I should clarify that the ‘use 2024 cards’ thing is just my guess, as both me and a mate had previously used 2023 cards and not had it work, but now using 2024 cards it does….

But then, it’s also possible it was just those specific players… or the game types I played… or even that Big Ant have just legitimately fixed it… so maybe there aren’t actually workarounds… and it’s just me guessing.

1 Like

Yep, I totally get that.
But through trial and error, in the past I have managed to get an objective through using a 2023 card over a 2024.

Seems like that is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach, but i was praying that it was :joy:

Either way, I’m still grinding away at all the different modes and loving the fact that I’ve been able to get a team full of emeralds and sapphires (green and blue) purely through slogging it out.

Bring on season 2 and beyond I say!

2 Likes

Not bad from Higgins 70 and 120 lol
Spewing I conceded 4 goals not happy with the performance

4 Likes

@dont_argue04 I’m very impressed that’s probably 3x my highest score :clap: :grin:

1 Like

@stallionsCEO Just did this on ladder leader 15min quarters, i’m stuffed after that lol

1113 point win not bad haha

1 Like

Even the worm gave up!

A handy boost to a few objectives no doubt

3 Likes

Certainly did. I’ve only got 1 objective left to complete the Rebound 50s under the legendary category, bloody tough as I only average 15-25 per game.

Any tips to get that done faster would be appreciated !

How does the Brownlow work in management career because I’m sick of rucks winning it

1 Like

@JNT_BA Is there any reason why in some games some people can literally mark everything and every tackle is shrugged? I have elite spoiling defenders and forwards arent special that can do it. I literally have to change to a pure handball game otherwise it’s turnover city if they even get close to a marking contest. Only happens 1/10 games but it’s just annoying me not knowing why. Is there more I should be doing jostling wise?

@dont_argue04 I believe you were the latest offender tbh :joy: was a good game till I couldn’t mark it but props to ya.

2 Likes

Try doing coaching battles on legendary it’s impossible to win lmao