AFL 23 - Megathread

I’d love to say do this or do that but literally I just wait for the controller to vibrate and I push Mark.

I may do something that I’m not aware of The only non-controller thing I do is anticipate where the footy is going before people kick, It does get me into good positions to win the marking contest

1 Like

That’s what I thought, just on curiosity what sort of ping do you have when you play?

If warzone taught me anything it’s that my Internet is not up to scratch

21ms now, can be different at night, I play on PC and use a ethernet cable. Would never play any game online over Wi-Fi especially in Australia with our s*** internet ( or at least my experience over the years)

Yeah I’m like 90 at best hence the rage when I play someone on 20 haha

Answers the question but buggered if I’m running an Ethernet through the house :joy: to probably not even solve the problem knowing my internet

100% do it, i had a 20m cord running from my router to my pc couple years ago lol missus fkn hated me but it fixed the issue haha

1 Like

Guess I’m pretending to be a sparky for the afternoon then

was just up by a goal and opponent quit / got DC.

message popped up saying that my opponent had disconnected and that I win the game.

get back to the menu, it has given me the loss via forfeit :pensive:

burnt a 20% XP boost on that as well to make it worse ha ha

1 Like

Just played one of the most thrilling games so far on AFL 23.

Was a Ladder Leaders game with 7.5min quarters on HARD level (so like level 3 from the finish) and the game started out in poor style.
The VIC team kicked away to a handy lead and despite my efforts, my guys kept burning the ball constantly and causing more pain than good.

So here I was thinking… "great, I have got this far and now I am going to choke and have to go back to square one :frowning: "

Going into half time, it was 7.7 to 1.2 and I thought I was in for a long day at the office.

But the coach must’ve given the team a blast or they had a bit of something in their water, because after the long break the boys came to play!

Through a grind of constant chasing and controlling of the ball, I chipped away at the tally, whilst losing almost every ruck battle convincingly, but ended up keeping the VICs to an embarrassing 1.1 after half time only for me to run away with a 3 goal win!

Oh, and on top of that, I still didn’t get the ‘Big Comeback’ objective, so @JNT_BA do I need to log tickets for this, or do I assume you folks have it all under control?

2 Likes

Half of my online losses have come from this happening :frowning:

1 Like

Unsure if it’s actually a script in the game or it’s just mental but momentum is certainly a thing in this

2 Likes

How’s everyone going with finishing off objectives ???

I’ve got 2 left Big comeback (Which I believe hasn’t worked for anyone)

Then my big one is trying to knock off the Rebound 50s, I’m spewing my Rebound 50 stats don’t replicate the objective bar. Bloody tough one to complete !!!

They’re all tracking for me, except I haven’t managed to pop the big comeback one yet either.

Have tried a few times with different variations of team but can’t seem to get it to go. Was wondering whether the Silver XP bonus was a clue and all silvers were required?

Haven’t come across a number 50 card yet so I’m on the lookout there too.

1 Like

I managed to finish it last night, well worth the grind, amazing packs.

With the rebounds i found the best way was to:
play on easiest
lose the ruck contest and eventually get the mark inside their 50(they bomb it long more often than not)
Then for the rebound to count you then need to get a mark out side of their 50 or a clean possession.

This worked for me with all rebound recording for the objective.

I hope that makes sense.

1 Like

It’s just a massive grind, average about 20 per game you roughly need 1900 maybe just below that’s about 95 games.

I think I’ve just hit 100 maybe just over !

Massive grind for this objective

1 Like

Picked up a number 50 (Farrar) and knocked off the 50 marks and a stack of rebounds in one game. Chip it back and forth works pretty well too.
I’ve got about 250 rebounds to go now I think

I can confirm that I’m still the handball king of AFL23 (got over 3,500 handballs)

1 Like

You can chip it back into the D50 and counts as a rebound ?

hey @JNT_BA can u change my name to HandballKing please :wink: :grin: (interesting fact is I got 489 handballs in my latest match)

Nah, I’ve got a number that have stopped tracking.
Mainly the legendary ones and the long term ones too.

I’m trying everything to see if i can get them working but not having much luck.

About to have a line up with all 2024 cards to see if that works.

Kinda annoying because now I’m just playing for xp & fp.

EDIT: Nope, the full 2024 line up didn’t advance anything :frowning:

Going to try a full 2023 set and see what happens

EDIT AGAIN: Nope, an all 2023 set didn’t work either :confused:

Random question : How did you get your background like that with the Richmond logo?? it stands out to the eye