AFL 23 - Megathread

I think on the team Colour tab I selected a brighter yellow

On console yeah?? :slight_smile:

I play on PC but will be the same tabs you go to :+1:

@dont_argue04 Something tells me youā€™re a Richmond fanā€¦canā€™t seem to work out why :thinking::joy:

3 Likes

Not something to brag about this year but YES haha

@dont_argue04 me too, I feel the pain. Iā€™m ready for the next couple of years

1 Like

Iā€™m the sameā€¦ my Legendary and Long Term ones wonā€™t increase any further.
Interesting to see that @dont_argue04 had the Long Term ones work successfully.

So the 2023/2024 cards theory doesnā€™t hold up for those.
Maybe Console vs PC?

Hoping whatever we report will help the devs get to the bottom of it all.

1 Like

Yeah I couldnā€™t tell you exactly when different objectives started working but they have been finished for a couple weeks now.

My legendary rebounds 50s is ticking over.

Itā€™s just the big comeback objective on the weekly tab that doesnā€™t work

My mate on PS5 has legendary objs tracking somewhat, I have none of the legendary tracking properly on PC.

Question for youā€¦ do you know what totals yours have stopped tracking at?
For me its:

• Tony Lockettā€™s Goal Record - 550/1360
  • Fletcherā€™s Rebound Record - 489/1865
  • Boomer Harveyā€™s I50 Record - 1114/1639

Just interested to see if it is the exact same, or just a random amount when it decided to cark it.

Also think the stats might be off as it says that under General Play, that I have had 2366 hit outs with 0% hit outs to advantage :open_mouth:

Nah, different numbers for me. Iā€™m on PS5, none of the Legendary ones are ticking over anymore. (interesting to hear @GoatFlopperā€™s mate on PS5 has his workingā€¦so maybe not consoleā€¦)

Eddieā€™s Pocket Pass - 238/318
Tony Lockettā€™s Goals Record - 258/1360
Fletcherā€™s Rebound Record - 299/1865
Boomer Harveyā€™s I50 Record - 560/1639
Nick Riewoldtā€™s Mark Record - 1401/2944

For Long Term Goals ā†’ Get It Out Of There, I have 0/50 Rebound 50s.

1 Like

There are so many things that need to be nerfedā€¦ Kicking whilst tackled and on the ground and it going 50meters into a forward line is one of those many things.

Yep itā€™s interesting - Iā€™m on PS5 too.

Eddies Pocket - 318/318
Tony Lockett - 1040/1360 and rising
Fletcher Rebounds 1511/1865 and rising
Boomer Harvey - 1639/1639
Riewoldts Mark - 2944/2944

Long term goals Iā€™m onto the raining goals and have knock off half of them already.

Itā€™s just the big comeback I canā€™t crack yet

2 Likes

Hmmm, OKā€¦

Any chance you can show me a team you use when getting each of these to increase?
And what game mode/difficulty/tactics youā€™re using? :slight_smile: ANYTHING that might get to the bottom of thisā€¦

I also havenā€™t played in 2 daysā€¦ so the Pro Team servers may have got a fix!!! Unless theyā€™ve been correctly tracking for you for a while?

1 Like

Me too pleeeeeze!

Iā€™m on PS5 also.

Iā€™ve got 2 teams - one with Sapphire and Emeralds which I use to play games on hard/hardest and a second team mainly golds, sometimes I might put one Emerald in there or even Silvers which I use to go after specific ā€˜grindyā€™ type objectives which Iā€™ll use on lower difficultyā€™s. Iā€™ll drop specific players in and out of it to help go after some of the objectives too.

I play Coach Battles and Ladder Leaders only, except when I needed 5 online games to complete that objective.

Tactics I just play around with randomly at the end of quarters or if Iā€™m losing the game.

I donā€™t really think Iā€™m doing anything out of the ordinary, thereā€™s times when I thought tracking had stopped for a while but confident itā€™s been pretty good for a couple of weeks (would need to check my old posts to be exact)

Just played a game then and everything went up as expected.

1 Like

@JNT_BA Iā€™m not sure if its been mentioned before, but could anything be done about the AI picking up the ball in their forward 50 and automatically slotting a goal even if you tackle them straight away or are in the perfect position to smother the ball?
It seems like they are hard coded that if they get the ball in a certain way close enough to goal that they become invincible and kick the goal no matter what i do.
The way it was proven to be a bug for me was when I used Custom Difficulties and set on the run goal kicking accuracies for the AI all to 0 and they still nailed the goal and were untackleable pretty much everytime.

Iā€™m really enjoying the game despite some flaws. If this one bug or missed detail could be helped or improved in someway it would massively increase the enjoyment of this game and make it feel like custom difficulties had a much better control over how you can play the game your way.

4 Likes

Yeah, theyā€™re deadly accurate on the runā€¦
I had 4 quick goals kicked against me by the AI, because it was
Kick Inside 50 ā†’ Spoil ā†’ Gather and Quick Kick at Goal, straight through.

They got every centre clearance too.

So I went from 20 points up with 90 seconds remaining, to losing the match.

how do i turn my mic off on pro team?

I need there to be more contract rewards so I can keep playing with my emerald squad but I guess Iā€™ll have to put more investment in and fill the coffers up with more coin