AFL 23 - Megathread

Ooooo. 1.101GB update file on PS5.
Downloading now….

2 Likes

Yep - game crashed midway through and bang there’s an update!

AFLW Update perhaps?

If you don’t mind me asking, what games do you normally play where you need to use your emeralds all the time?

I’ve found that if you are rolling teams with your A grade, then you might find it better to put together a B grade side with Gold and Silvers to get more XP, FP & Rewards and then save the emeralds for harder challenges

1 Like

Only difference I can see is with the card pack store. It provides more information about the packs

I’m just hoping the Objectives have been fixed in Pro Team :pray:

2 Likes

Only got to play one quick game so will be interested to see what the run down of the update is. Did see more info in store re packs.

I think gameplay felt a little different, perhaps more fluid? Not sure given it’s a sample of one game though. Could be wishful placebo! Also seems like my controller was vibrating more for marking feedback too?

Await everyone’s reports!

This was a really disappointing patch: BigAnt, come on! Can we get some actual FIXES please??

Nothing has changed except for the interface on card pack store :frowning: I was expecting it to be related to the store when I saw no patch notes, but I was excited for a moment that a bunch of bugs were going to be fixed considering the size of the patch (1.4GB), but no, they’re all still there! How about putting some of that money into bringing it up to the standard of a game that your currently charging $99.95 for, plus the income from proteam?

The only changes we’ve got since proteam launched are just about money, money, money! Is it that you guys are in a tight financial situation, do you need us to pitch in in the form of a DLC or something? Im serious! What do we have to do in order for BigAnt to fix the ongoing issues in their game?

If you guys can redo the entire interface for the card store, cant you make our games from Premiership Challenge show up in the stats instead of it just remaining all zeroes? The statistics on players still don’t work (apparently my Tom Stewart who plays every game has 3 spoils…)

I really don’t care how pretty or informative you make the store page, I’m not spending any more money on packs until there is some work on the game mode. Even some balance would be nice as the meta is a bit toxic at the moment.

2 Likes

agreed, expected better for a 1.4GB update

2 Likes

Yep, been saying this for weeks. Radio silence on any actual progress on fixing key problems to a $99 game. If this was EA or 2K charging $99 for a game that STILL has key features not working properly a year after release, there would be worldwide outrage.

I understand that Big Ant may not be considered as big as these companies but if we are comparing apples with apples, $99 is $99.

The only updates given to players are to promote new packs and try make people spend more money.

Why spend more money when the LEGENDS that was a key selling feature of the game at launch isn’t even added yet (regardless if its “coming next season” as these promises for other content have been proved baseless so I wouldnt even be surprised if they werent there next season.

Finally finished all objectives (excluding big comeback on the weekly as we know we cant do)

Not bad pack luck on the sapphire pack, was hoping for some 90+ I didn’t have but that’s alright pretty solid still !!!

5 Likes

The larger the size of the patch, the more likely it is more to do with assets than gameplay.
Assets like player faces, stadiums, guernseys etc are larger than code updates for gameplay…

I noticed the AFLW squads look to be updated, and that would be what I expect this patch to be mainly consisting of. (Not so much related to Pro Team).

So, just a guess, but I’d say this 1GB patch is AFLW rosters and some face scans to go with them… plus the slight UI change in the Pro Team pack screen.

4 Likes

Yeah, I noticed they also added a little tunnel animation visual thing when you go into Proteam for the first time, so that explains the majority of the patch size, plus SaintSkeeta, I think if it was anything they were proud of, we’d have accompanying patch notes.

Just can’t believe that these developers have the time to design that, which no one asked for, and also redo the entire pack stores aesthetic, something else no one asked for, yet they didn’t address any of the bugs/missing features that have been absent/ignored since either the drop of Proteam or launch. It’s just crazy.

Also nice on getting the Legendary objective to work! Too bad you already have 3 players out of that pack but what can you do.

The tunnel animation was already there from the Pro Team release… and other modes in the game have a general fly through to other areas of ‘the menu stadium’… so I don’t think any new dev time went into that.

UI updates to the store are warranted… we saw how people lost their minds when one pack disappeared after the first week… as they thought they were being charged more in the second week (it was a new pack! They didn’t know they expire).
But again, probably more a designer making a quick UI change I’m guessing.

1 Like

I think it’s understated how big of an update getting the AFLW rosters in is. Literally over 600 players for the main league alone, I would imagine they have VFLW too? Having to get sponsor approvals etc. Sure it’s arguable that maybe other parts of the game should be given love first. But to say Big Ant haven’t worked on anything significant since ProTeam is so far from the truth, this is time and resource consuming

2 Likes

I know its pretty easy to get banned for saying the wrong thing so I understand if you choose your words carefully but I wanted to ask, is the current state of the game acceptable to you, with its price tag of $99?

Do you find it strange they focus purely on increasing/maintaining revenue rather than addressing any of the many, many issues present with the game?

They range from game play and card management to statistics and objectives, even though when some people have asked about particular bugs here, they were told to contact support but 99% of the bugs reported in this thread that were told to do that, the issue they reported still exists.

Also, we’re talking about different things it seems, as the visual FX thing I’m talking about I have never seen before this store update.

Anyway, BigAnt certainly has a “unique” way of approaching game development. From the methods they use to justify the price of their product, all the way to making the decisions of what areas of the game to prioritize.

So really, it is kind of cute in their BA-style way, that the largest patch since Proteam was launched didn’t contain a single bug fix. All it is was a remake of the money store, oh and a kooky new visual!

I do love when “new” people join then instantly go on about how easy it is to get banned, which is crazy cause just the one guy has been banned in months. Just screams previous person who was banned for breaking the rules.

Just because we didn’t fix what you think is an issue, does not mean that the only thing that went in was a UI update so people better understand what is what, clearly not for you in this case but it was something we needed to make clear. As people were having issues understanding everything and making mistakes. The quickest and smallest update in this patch.

AFLW update again maybe not for you but is also there.

It also came with a number of stability and bug fixes. Just because it doesn’t do what you may want doesn’t mean it didn’t include a bunch of fixes for other things.

As well as including the foundation for season two.

4 Likes

Dude re joins to say he can’t understand what’s written yet has no idea that the tunnel he’s written about has been in the game the whole time - comically embarrassing!

Also doesn’t understand that paying to play Pro Team is optional as well. Actually, playing the game itself is purely optional too - perhaps it might be a good idea to hang em up?

Constantly rejoining to bring up the same old tired arguments, laughable.

Probably best to stick to your magical place where ‘this forum is discussed’.

Makes you wonder if this was the guy who joined Friday night to specifically post personal abuse to JNT…

Side note - it’s always interesting interacting with these type of troll accounts. They’re normally the same type who send abusive messages to players when their multi doesn’t get up, post highly inappropriate things about women on social media, yet proudly display their girlfriend in their profile pic amongst other things.

3 Likes

Why make a new account? Use the old one. It wasn’t banned it’s right there.

Just been checking the page, what’s the update which seemed to drop @JNT_BA ?? :slight_smile:

Mate - that is some pack!