AFL 23 - Megathread

@Kidneykid95 did another update drop?

Last night going by the posts above :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kidneykid95 Cheers, Iā€™ll download the update. Wonder what the update was for?

Well worth the grind, Especially if you pull some good cards you donā€™t have. I had packed the top 3 already so was just a contract extension for me.

2 Likes

Iā€™m closing in on it - hoping I get similar type pack luck!

Iā€™m just excited for you guys to see the next rank of cards that was mentioned in the guide. Was reviewing them yesterday. Was very impressed with some of them.

Season Two canā€™t come soon enough for me

4 Likes

What was the next rank you speak of?? Also that sounds awesome that your even VERY impressed by them :slight_smile:

Need to make a trophy or reward for the most handballs. I might have to make that happen :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Thereā€™s an objective for lots of handballs once you unlock it :grinning:

Yes, in my opinion, it is.
I play it often, and yes, Iā€™ve struggled with it through times when it was getting updates, but I believe Iā€™ve seen enough in it that shows more depth that any other AFL game weā€™ve ever had.
Maybe not in all areas (like Management Modeā€™s lack of training and injuries), but definitely in gameplay (tackle-disposal options, set shots, animations etc.).
Itā€™s not perfectā€¦ but Iā€™m hoping my support tickets for bugs and feature requests have enough detail that hopefully theyā€™re taken on board for either updates or the next iteration of the game.

They donā€™t thoughā€¦ As mentioned, this latest updateā€™s most obvious change was the update to AFLW teams/players.
While thereā€™s some Pro Team tweaks, as @JNT_BA mentioned, there are other updates that are entirely centered around bettering the game.
Pro Team can be a money maker, but you also donā€™t have to pay if you donā€™t want to. (I personally havenā€™t spent a cent on packs).

You may not have seen it behind the black banner you get saying something like ā€˜Loading Pro Teamā€™ or ā€˜Validating User Creditsā€™. It was definitely there before (I think only happens the first time you go into it from the Main Menu each time you open the app. Subsequent ones donā€™t do it.)

Iā€™ve already noticed the ā€˜mark on the goal lineā€™ bug where your player could kick from behind the goals, or be moved to the defensive 50m line, has been fixed in this update. Plus the stability fixes that @JNT_BA mentionedā€¦and maybe more.

I get your frustrations at not getting what you want in this updateā€¦ but chill outā€¦ No need to go on the attackā€¦
Weā€™ve already got some more info on what is includedā€¦ And hopefully these descriptions might highlight some of the things you thought werenā€™t there.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help on this one as well. Instrumental in helping us get to the bottom of this.

3 Likes

The guide mentions Obsidian and Fire Obsidian cards. This is probably where weā€™ll see @stallionsCEO make his debut in the game :wink:

2 Likes

Looking forward to it mate, Maybe with the All Australian cards you could sneak a tigers player into it hahaha

Haha, no worries! Glad the captured video and descriptions helped.

See guysā€¦ Support tickets with as much detail as you can give!
Thanks to the devs for getting this one fixed.

6 Likes

@JNT_BA is there any chance Big Ant could implement a ā€˜cancelā€™ of disposal ?
Would like to be able to change from kicking to a quick handball at times when you know the AI are about to run you down and thereā€™s nothing you can do because you already powered up the kicking metre
Wasnā€™t sure if I should submit a support ticket with this as itā€™s more of a suggestion of an added mechanic rather than an actual issue

1 Like

Objectives still broken. Shame

Only big comeback, I completed all last night successfully.

Obviously not the same for everyone. I have countless that are not accruing. Know others with same problem too.

Patches like this wonā€™t help with objectives as I mentioned a while ago. Thatā€™s how we can work with them without needing to do a patch to make them more consistently accumulate.

Mind directing me to where you mentioned, mustā€™ve missed that.

Regards to the patch, did PC receive said patch? I donā€™t recall Steam having downloaded recently with regards to AFL23.