AFL 23 - Megathread

Oh god, a while ago haha. Mhmm, it’s out on Steam. Mine pinged on my work PC as soon as I got in this morning and my personal overnight.

It’s okay, I can see I got a patch at like 9pm last night, must’ve auto updated and cleared from the updated section.

1 Like

Which Objectives aren’t working for you?

These were mine…

but there’s only a few (Legendary ones the main ones, which I see you had issues with also)… any others?.. and yeah, unfortunately they work for some people, and not others… so reporting them, maybe with your Username/MyNacon account may help the devs get to the bottom of it.

Before that, some others weren’t working… and now they appear to have been fixed with the server updates (not the game patch updates).

1 Like

All of the legendary sub group, raining goals in the long term goals subgroup. Lumbering in the ruck archetype subgroup, pressure and defensive forwards in the forward archetypes and lastly Big Comeback.

I would like to know what sort of impact the archetypes have on players. For example in my backline I only have intercepting defenders because of their key skills they get a boost in marking (that’s what I’ve been lead to believe) but is there any sort of negative to that running 6 intercepting defenders? Cause tbh I’m only looking for players that have a 99 marking plus the boost on top. Marking is by far the most important stat in the game. I’ve read the guide on archetypes but it still leaves with questions. Was wondering if you were able to provide anymore detail on archetypes @JNT_BA

These ones should be working now. I thought Lumbering Ruck was due to a 2024 player instead of 2023… but a mate told me it worked on 2023 for him recently anyway.

Oh really that’s possibly cool? :astonished:

Hi @SaintSkeeta have you had the bug i mentioned before in your games? Where ai automatically score goals on the run even if you turn their accuracy in custom difficulty to zero? And if you tackle them when this happens it doesnt work?

still objectives not working like curnow 78 goals one, thought big ant would adress the meta atleast where everyone is playing with 6 tall forwards. Small forwards are currently useless in the game. Cant use players like bolton and stengle as they are powerless being up against tall backmen

I haven’t tried by using a Custom Difficulty and turning down those settings… but I have noticed they are very, VERY accurate with shots on the run… even on the lower difficulties.

@JNT_BA will there be limited time cards/special cards for things such as all australian and brownlow stuff?

It’s a real anomaly how objectives aren’t working for some, I’m one of the people who they’re all working for bar the big comeback.

Re the small forwards - they are fine to use in the game. You just need to hit them up on the lead rather than bomb it long to them, much like real life. They generally have a huge advantage getting a break on a tall defender and easy to hit up on the lead. I use Tom Papley, Kosi Pickett and Dylan Moore in my team and they go great.

Any updates to your other mode management mode?

Also for small forwards, I’ve found they’re generally better at on-the-run shots at goal… so you have a wider range on the meter when trying a quick snap from roving in the forward line.

1 Like

You may have missed it however they’ve said a few times that there isn’t any more to come for management mode in this iteration

So the last few games I have been experimenting with the defence option of either LOCATE or FULL ZONE. And to be honest, the whole idea of FULL ZONE seems to fail me more often than not.
I often tend to find that with the accuracy and speed of kicks by the opposition, the manage to transition it waaaay easier than simply playing 1 on 1 footy.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is their preferred defence option to choose?

I have the same problem, its hard to tell if partial zone, locate or full zone are better.
When against AI, does the AI change their tactics or is it always the same?

Curious, how does everyone go about preventing the Ai from just rapidly kicking it from middle, to CHF, and then to a player that runs past the mark and drops in the hole to mark in front of goal?

Sometimes when the Ai gets it, it feels like I can’t get a hand on it, and within a few seconds they have set up for goal whilst my players scramble around.

Also, everytime I change to a new player, if they were running, they stop, so when you try to find the right player and cycle through a few players, you end up stopping about 2 or 3 of your players from running.

This iteration being AFL 23 as a whole?
They are leaving a core part of the game broken?

The term “broken” is used way too broadly. Management mode is not broken, tiny bit lacklustre, yes, but not broken.

Now the game itself when it released, THAT was broken

1 Like

Not sure what’s ’broken’, it functions fine for me

3 Likes