AFL 23 - Megathread

new challenges are out wooo

1 Like

Damn, I’m getting the dreaded stick drift on my controller… seeing players not attempt a tackle or spoil, or spoiling all the time, and it makes it HARD!
Confirmed it’s stick drift in Call of Duty’s controller settings.

@JNT_BA A future feature request would be to have a configuration for dead zones on controllers in the game (like CoD has).
Lucky I have another controller which isn’t suffering from it (yet).

3 Likes

Is there any idea if Mathew Pavlich or Richo in game yet

Absolutely love AFL 23 and what Big Ant Studios have created is unbelievable…
I reckon ive played every AFL game created since the first on the original Nintendo.
Wicked Witch couldn’t have delivered a game as good as this.
If i could make changes to the game personally then id create an option for an automated bench rotation.
Id create an option to be able to spectate a quater per match. But maybe it comes at a gamble.
Easier to give away a 50 metre penalty if you are not watching what you are doing.
Umpires booking players for rough conduct and being reported during the match.
Just to make it more realistic and interesting.
Brilliant game here and im become addicted to the online gaming experience here.
Jake.

1 Like

I want to be able to when your playing a game you can still simulate a bit of it like they have in there cricket game and a day night cycle

1 Like

anyone packed a Michael Hurley card I opened a load last night and got nothing. You’d think if it was an objective card it would be common as !!!

1 Like

I wish lol. Not even sure what pack he’s in

I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen from the pro team so far. these are just a few suggestions focused on the visual side of the game that hopefully could be Include in future updates, but more likely for a future title.

1 (Obvious one) Player career mode

2 In management mode, I’d love to see something similar to what they did with the player career mode in Cricket 22, featuring multiple cut scenes and guided scenarios. For example, adding post-game press conferences that influence your relationship with the media or even adding a social media feed in which could give us insights into league events, such as who’s leading the coleman or if a major player gets suspended or injured, making the experience feel even more immersive.

1. National anthems during finals games, not just the grand final, along with full crowds for all finals matches, would enhance the atmosphere significantly making it feel like a big finals game

2. Day night cycle

3. Having cheer squads at the right end

4. Varying crowd sizes would be great. For instance, if North is playing at Marvel against Gold Coast, you’d expect a somewhat empty stadium, while a match between Carlton and Collingwood would likely see the G nearly full. To enhance this, they could show that if it’s a Carlton home game and they’re down by 40 points halfway through the fourth quarter, the crowd starts to dwindle, indicating that fans are leaving early.

5. Cameras on the right side on the wing.

6. It would be great to have the option to choose which shorts to wear. For example, when Richmond plays Melbourne on ANZAC Eve, I know the ANZAC jumper has us wearing white shorts since it’s our away game that year. If next year’s jumpers haven’t been added yet, allowing players to pick their shorts would be a nice feature.

7. Weather conditions affecting game play would be a fantastic addition. For example, if it’s pouring rain, the ball becomes slippery, requiring teams to better utilise their small forwards. Additionally, revisiting the crowd side of things, AFL Evolution 2 handled this well by showing most fans under cover avoiding the rain, which really added to the realism.

That’s about it! I know some suggestions are more feasible than others, but I hope these ideas can be considered for future updates or a new title. I genuinely believe that incorporating these features would greatly enhance the overall enjoyment and realism of the game

4 Likes

we really need a collection based system like 2k has to see what type of cards are actually available to pack. Also will they add a transfer market where we can actually sell dupes. @JNT_BA

Final Day!!! Who’s going to win?

• Swans
  • Lions
0 voters

Could be a good time for me to vote now :rofl:

1 Like

Ngl I kinda wanted to see how many were watching here or the game :rofl: Glad to see it seems to be more on the game.

3 Likes

Yeah sorry mate, got distracted singing along to Katy

2 Likes

Wasn’t there but I was singing along.

Just thought I post this dusty so you can see if the worth the grind.

5 Likes

I have found my objectives ‘The Collector’ (2500 disposals) and ‘King of the Ruck’ (500 hitouts to advantage) have stopped tracking (at 231 and 95 respectively).
Similar to what happened with my Legendary objectives. :disappointed:

any new gameplay updates soon

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t know which one is better? Pretty underwhelming for the first obsidian considering his diamond might be better🤷‍♂️

Hi I was hoping this can be fixed, it has been a problem for over a month now. In management mode And season mode The ratings always weirdly change To super high numbers. Usually after you join a game And then quit back to the menu Or just progressing to a second season, sometimes also happens just after simulation of matches.

2 Likes

Any luck yet mate? Im looking for him also