AFL 23 - Megathread

Just wanted to come on here and say a thank you to big ant for pro team, it was a long road to get here, but boy was it worth it. For me I love nothing more than sitting down after a days work and the family is fed, to just chill grinding some form of team builder, the fact that i can now do it in a AFL game makes me want to knock off early :smiley:

4 Likes

How are we this far into this game’s development and we dont have a simple feature that was in the trailer?

Wonder if there’ll be any trade period / draft related cards would be cool

@Pink_Panters I’ve got Edwards, if only there was trading somehow(!).

Hey Folkereenios,

General q…will someone please put me out of my misery…one of the weekly challenges is ‘accumulate 50 inside 50’s across multiple matches’.

Does anyone know what that means? Is it saying:-

• perform 2500 inside 50’s
  • go inside 50 fifty times in a match (ouch)
  • have an accumulator receive the ball 50 times inside the 50
  • have an accumulator mark the ball 50 times inside fifty
  • have an accumulator kick the ball inside 50 fifty times

There’s probably other variations. I’ve played about 20 games this week, it was stuck on 6 and after hammering the easy modes for a while I’ve got it to 11. Going a little batty here. What am I missing? Thanks.

1 Like

I have a feeling that one is not tracking properly unfortunately

1 Like

Thought I’d attempt to download steam on MacBook, surprisingly worked then Fired up AFL and it works too haha pretty awesome

6 Likes

All too believable, but I think part of the problem stands regardless. It is unclear what the objective is tracking.

Taken literally the closest match is to go inside 50 fifty times, which is 2.25 times a minute in a 20 minute game. Which pretty much forces you to play on the easiest setting until the achievement pops, not the most exciting way to spend your time.

And if it’s cumulative, which is far more rational, then it’s a really weird way to say 2500 times.

Logic suggests it does not require the accumulator role because they are referred to as an archetype elsewhere, it’s inconsistent.

Sure it’s not a big deal, but having thought about it for a minute now I’m curious what the developers intend for us to understand.

Finally pulled Jack in a gold tasmania pack early today, Just completed Season 2024 objectives and pulled him in my sapphire pack haha

5 Likes

That Jack card is elite!!

Just vs Sharpy tonight, Jack and Roach were very good!!

Packed a sapphire Shai Bolton and Kane Lambert, adding to my Richmond squad.

4 Likes

Come across Cotchin yet?

So far the cards that I have seen in terms of sapphire Richmond players are

88 Kane Lambart
88 Shane Edward
88 Nick Vlastuin
89 Dylan Grimes
89 Toby Nankervis
89 Tom lynch(non-existent in packs)
90 Wayne Campbell
91 Micheal Roach
91 Shai Bolton
93 Jack Riewoldt
96 Dustin Martin

If anyone see any other sapphire Richmond feel free to add to the list.

I previously had 88 Cotchin on my team

Nah havent seen him yet!

1 Like

I’ve got him in gold but haven’t seen him in anything else.

Can’t for the life of me snag Ollie Dempsey - what pack did anyone snaffle him in?

Silver forwards pack

1 Like

Thanks mate! I’ve been trying the 22 under 22 packs but haven’t had any luck yet.

All good, took me a few packs but that’s where i found it :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just lost my first Ladder Leaders match…aaaand I’m locked out having to start over. I take it this is an attempt to up the stakes, but it’s a design decision that comes at a cost imo. The interest in playing the same ten - twelve easy games just to have a rematch is pretty low. Imagine any other game where if you die the difficulty changes to novice and you’re sent back two hours of game time? Any fan base would lose their marbles.

Edit - if there is a designer that is convinced this feature is important, can I suggest one of the following:-

• have some ladders restart and others you can keep trying at the team you are stuck on (no entry ticket required). You could have the rewards for the first type a bit better if you must but considering the player is stuck and not earning rewards trying to beat a team I think that is penalty enough.
  • segment the ladder so that you stay at the difficulty you’re on. Kind of like a save point - you are returned to the first match of that difficulty level in the ladder.

The reason why I think this is worth talking about is that if you’re one of the hundreds (thousands?) of players losing the ranked games by ten goals, this is all you have. That and a small selection of fixed coach battles.

1 Like

Oooft 4th or 5th time now that I’ve finished a ladder leaders match winning by 200+ (2nd time for the 3000xp reward) and when it goes to main menu scores are 0-0 and counts as a loss + half my objectives aren’t tracking :)))) love the game but idk this stuff is getting a lil frustrating ?

@Rowbottom08

That sounds rough. The achievements that don’t track are a worry and BA should be motivated to fix this. I’m around 30 games into season 2 and the achievement to accumulate 2500 possessions currently stands at about 100 which is bizarre.

1 Like