AFL 23 - Megathread

Just a bit Confused with the new Power bar for Shots, the old way were it faded in the blue, but not faded on the new way weres best for accuracy ?

I found getting it in the light blue (closer to goal post) or the dark blue (further out or banana kick) both worked for me

1 Like

Hey i was wondering what does tonights new patch on ps5 include?

Are we getting another patch? (I didn’t even know.)

1 Like

I just got one on my ps5 about 5 mins ago

Cheers for the heads up @Andii23 I’m downloading the patch right now :+1::grin:

1 Like

No worries! I want to know what the patch notes for it are

Same here. What does this patch actually fix?

1 Like

Corrected issue with running shots on goal line
Improved Stability

7 Likes

Was the patch pulled back? I had my PS5 on rest mode all night and played 30 minutes this morning and nothing popped up.

I definitely got it last night on my ps5

Any update on Pro team which has been in testing for a while now?

Xbox?

Ahh interesting. Maybe it got pulled this morning or I’ve just missed it? I had a few other patches this morning for separate games but not this. Seems like it was a quick hot-fix patch rather than the big ones we normally get anyway

Na it’s still live. Do the normal checks of a forced update, clear the cache, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks mate - will do! Going on two weeks leave starting this arvo so looking forward to getting stuck in to a season or two of management mode & a few milos.

4 Likes

Am I right in understanding this is a quick patch to fix AI set shot accuracy?

That balance would have had some effect on it, slightly as that was already in the works when that patch went live it won’t address it directly. There will be more balancing on it after we did some retesting. We noticed what was occurring and I’m just doing some sims to make sure it’s closer to what is expected again.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the random full power kicks are back when pressing X. I thought it was maybe when I would press X too quick after pressing R3 for bounce but it just happened to me again and I never attempted to bounce or ran far enough to trigger an auto bounce

Glad to hear more balancing is coming back to the AI Goal kicking.

Not going to lie, last night was the most frustrated I have been with the game from that perspective.

On hardest in particular the Kangaroos were basically in god mode. think they kicked 20+ goals straight, literally not 1 single behind except for the 1 i spoiled. Struggled to mark anything or kick goals myself, it was crazy. granted there is probably some user error thrown in amongst that.

I noticed that holding the ball seems to be paid way too often again, especially on hardest.

there were times someone would spoil the ball, it lands in my hands, I’m tackled straight away before even taking a step and was pinged holding the ball.

Other weird one I had was AI spoiled / rushed a behind against me and instead of it being a kick out from full back it registered it as out of bounds and gave a boundary throw it.

After that game I dropped the difficulty to hard and that played and felt a lot more like hardest did pre patch, which was really good.

Handballs are definitely much better, especially getting out of tighter situations!

Would love to see a team line up overlay pop up during the initial cut scenes of the game when teams are running out, through the banner etc.

4 Likes

While there certainly is balancing for the AI set shots. Nothing else was changed in this patch that would have any effect on those other things. Will hardest get much easier? Not a huge amount as it is hardest and should continue to be hard but there will still be turning to those set shot numbers.

2 Likes