AFL 23 - Megathread

@JNT_BA Personally hardest is perfect at the moment, top teams are punishing me for mistakes and lower teams are consistently beatable by 50-60 points. Glad the AI set shots are being fixed, is anything being looking at for the tendencies for longer set shots to be taken by them?

1 Like

xbox update? is currently late july lol

The game feels very sluggish. The players are very hard to control and they barely mark the ball. The game was perfect before the patch.

1 Like

The opposition after this last patch has scored a few more behinds which is nice to see on the Hard level. They still hit way more goals.

There was a huge jump in difficulty between Hard and Hardest. I beat Collingwood by 50 on Hard but then they beat me by almost 50 on Hardest. And on Hardest they never missed a goal, even from the craziest angles.

1 Like

I look forward to one day getting stuck into a long-term managmeent mode. However the mode is still not worth playing and is clearly being ignored. @JNT_BA can you please just give us some guidance as to when you guys plan on ctually looking at mending some management mode issues, and what you will do to try an ā€œre-sellā€ the game to consumers who have dropped off due to the neglect of management mode.

Managment mode non-negotiable list to be on par with Evolution 2 at a minimum:

• State league integration
  • High rated players not being delisted and not being signed by other clubs
  • Training
  • Injury notifciations
  • Suspension notifications and ability to appeal
  • Effective signings of free agents

Realistic Wish list:

• Better presentation of trades that have ocurred
  • Ability to edit u18s
  • Not have 20 Vic metro players drafted at the start of every national draft
  • Not having more than 5 rounds in national drafts
  • Live draft trading
  • Better presentation of player database (currently players are grouped with their 2023 clubs, regardless of where they are playing in future seasons)
3 Likes

So Iā€™ll get this out of the way and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have to do something like this again as I donā€™t expect everyone to read all the posts here. When it comes to 99% of the things you want me to answer on things Iā€™m ā€œignoringā€ thatā€™s not in my ability to answer. Do I pass on the questions and feedback to the team? Yup everyday. But when it comes to things Iā€™m not answering most are not my place to answer.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s all fair enough. I suppose people assumed that this would be a forum where someone from BA would be able to answer those types of Qs, though.

3 Likes

My career mode has froze on the menu in year 3 how do I fix that? On ps5 @JNT_BA

For thing like this make sure to put in a support ticket as they will be able to get the info they need and assist you.

Do you guys get some things first, yup. I have made sure to drop a cheeky patch note before twitter. Will major announcements be from me specifically, no. They will come from others when itā€™s time to talk about them.

2 Likes

So management mode isnā€™t worth the hassle? I guess Iā€™ll have to just play single matches. Iā€™m very disappointed. I was excited. :pensive:

1 Like

Just wondering if thereā€™s another patch coming tonight or tomorrow to ps5

1 Like

It takes me alot to get sick of a game and have been with this wild ride since launch. I think itā€™s finally broken meā€¦ My Honest thoughts about the game: It played the best it had right before they released this quick fix patchā€¦ since they released it:

(PS4 - hardest)

ā€¢My players have started to teleport everywhere.

ā€¢Instead of trying to mark the ball in contests my players are running in circles allowing the AI to just stand there and mark it. I am unable to control the player and stop them running in circles.

ā€¢When the AI kick out, they kick it about 5 metres every single time. Its taking them 3 kicks just to get out of the 50.

ā€¢ Also whilst AI kicks out Itā€™s either marked by me or the whole game slows down like it canā€™t handle whatā€™s happening and it just glitches away until itā€™s out of the 50 then goes back to normal speed, like nothing just happened.

ā€¢Tiny players out-marking people the size of Gawn.

ā€¢My players about to have the ball fall literally into his hands, the ball then miraculously defeats gravity and teleports up so the AI can punch it. Almost every contest.

Thatā€™s all I can think of currently, but yeah disappointing. Just when it was getting really enjoyable

5 Likes

With this can you put in a support ticket? The team would like to get your saves to investigate.

Manning up can already be done by changing the Defensive tactic to ā€˜Locateā€™

2 Likes

Ai still doesnā€™t miss, lost after the siren 15.0 13.12

Players are teleporting, the game is lagging and Iā€™m on a PlayStation 5

2 Likes

@JNT_BA Not sure if you aware but the scores no longer appear during matches in the bottom left of screen. The events do in the bottom right. Just no score/scoreboard on Steam/PC. Only see the score at QT, HT, 3QT and FT :slightly_smiling_face:

Did by chance your HUD get turned off in the settings menu?

Good question, I will have a look and get back to you on that. Can that turn off Scores but not the event notifications in the bottom right?

1 Like