AFL 23 - Megathread

Hi @JNT_BA. I had a look and the HUD was turned off in the settings. Must have happend during an update. Also could be me but noticed no 50/25m penalties been paid in state league womens SANFL W on Steam PC Version. Got players running through the mark and nothing been triggered?

Thanks again for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

50m/25m donā€™t trigger for AI (for example, your teammates)ā€¦ so youā€™re not penalized for something out of your control.

Hopefully BigAnt get the AI smarter so they just donā€™t go into that zone anyway.
Then stuff like this wonā€™t happen: AFL 23 - Stiff infringing the mark (PS5 Patch 26)

Did another few management mode sims. Seems like the delistings of higher rated players has reduced which is a positive. The only noticeable ones in my latest sim was John Noble, James Worpel, and Trent Cotchin. Mid-season draft has reverted back to drafting ex-AFL players with state leagues being ignored, as per the game in the first few weeks (one step forward, two backwards).

Still have no idea about archetypes due to the brilliant informaton provided on the topic.

Still have no clue if training will ever be implemented into the game, as well as suspension and injury notifciations.

ā€¦ah yes the archetypes information we are cleverly hiding in plain sight in the academy.

2 Likes

what archetypes better suit my team and my game style? What draftees should I look to target given their archetypes, and which should I ignore? No comms about how that actually works

@JNT_BA also just for your heads up everyone who not in a starting position in Season Mode in lineups or on the bench have a defualt position as Back Pocket. Can this be changed ASAP. Espically when trying to know where they play in real-life WALFWw donā€™t diclose this so when trying to use real life lineups it hard to work it out when everyone plays back pocket hahahahah :rofl:

1 Like

ā€œLate July/early Augustā€ - no news whatsoever it appears. After all the delays and silence especially to this point, is it safe to assume that 23 wont make it onto Xbox?

Hey, I understand you canā€™t give much information about the xbox release and iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen my last post but can we get atleast some information on that. Please.

1 Like

I have to agree with the others. I played the game for the first time in a while on the weekend and since the latest patches and the game has gone backwardsā€¦really disappointing.

2 Likes

How has the game gone backwards? Itā€™s feeling great for me

1 Like

I actually felt like the gameplay has become much more enjoyable, and I have been very critical of this pile. I feel like if teleporting and stuck in the mud can be fixed, then gameplay will definitely be superior to any other AFL game weā€™ve seen.

Again, poor communication, and no management mode updates are a constant deal breaker.

4 Likes

Finally managed to sign a free agent in the off season. Offered a small contract and heā€™s signed. No forced trade or anything. Thank you!

4 Likes

I assume we will get a small patch for player retirement eg. Buddy Franklin.

1 Like

I doubt it, Jason Castagna is in the game and he retired in pre-season.

4 Likes

Those guys are actually still on the list, so it would would be completely illogical to remove them.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had the same issue but I only got one of my saves back.

Whilst itā€™s crashing and you know why itā€™s crashing perhaps donā€™t leave it to the list manager and just do it yourself, see if you can get past that crash then see if it happens in the following game. You can always delete and reinstall the game to see if that works.

I did notice though, if I got past the thing thatā€™s making it crash like it is with you selecting allow list manager to select the lineup if you then tried it in the next game it should be fine and not crash, itā€™s just a bug on that match. I could be wrong but worth a go.

1 Like

When the ai try and trade to me it always crashes Iā€™ve uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and doesnā€™t really fix the issue.

1 Like

So weā€™re now in August and still radio silence on the xbox version?

5 Likes

And what about Pro Team? Anything about that?

2 Likes