AFL 23 - Megathread

I thought time was going slow today?? This thread has had nothing for 15 hours… Surely something happens today… I’d hope for some patch news, or least something but won’t get hopes up, fingers crossed though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything at all bigant? Why the silence?

1 Like

There’s just nothing to report right now, @JNT_BA has literally stated that there won’t be daily updates.
Obviously one of their regular updates will be coming soon but they’re always going to announce it as a whole, stop being needy, the game is fine at the moment

4 Likes

Taking their time with the patches is the best thing to do. I’ll happy wait years for any any patches :+1::grin:

3 Likes

We’re still working on the next update, some things I’ve been tracking we hope to include soon but we certainly need to test lots on these particular things to make sure it hasn’t impacted unexpected gameplay mechanics, but so far I am liking the improvements while trying to get as many inputs on them to see if even further small adjustments can get it that little bit better. Daily updates as mentioned will not be a thing as we work on some very intricate systems, I try not to give date and time estimates as things can happen very late in the patch process that can delay things.

We did drop a small update earlier in the week for Steam to tune some of the AI set shot numbers. Have any of our Steam players had better luck with AI and their set shots?

9 Likes

Cheers for the heads up @JNT_BA :+1::grin:

1 Like

Which is what we love some communication, love that we have this to go by… hopefully going by the ‘include’ means new things in the next update :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JNT_BA will the steam update come to consoles ASAP or has it dropped already which I was unaware of? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hasnt dropped to the console yet, but those changes will be included in the next patch for the PS4/5.

3 Likes

Hopefully that next update is soon, because being pinged holding the ball in some stages when you get it literally right away can be irritating particular in close games.

2 Likes

I have to be honest.
I’ve stopped playing AFL 23, as I have become bored with career management mode.

No training or ability to challenge suspensions or even decide between physio or hospital for injured players which kept me invested in Evolution 2, however sadly I have not enjoyed management mode.

Even when you sign a player for a 9 year deal, they’re automatically delisted the following year for being out of contract.

There isn’t even an explanation for how the trade/free agency.

Maybe if they fix this, I will play again, but until then I have other games to play.
I will keep seeing what the updates bring but I am fairly disappointed that career management mode is so lacking in actual management…

3 Likes

Changing the triangle icons for the players and ai would be good as it confuses me as the ai icon looks like the player icon when they get the ball @JNT_BA

2 Likes

It’s 100% on the list of ideas. I remember reviewing that ticket myself and inputting it. While it seems like a simple thing to implement adding something like that on a base level is actually quite complicated and time consuming. But not impossible.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

So you want to them to come in and restate what they’ve already said another 5, 10, 50 times? They obviously have no more updates they can give us currently, otherwise they would. Or for me to simply say what they could say: ‘We will make an announcement on Xbox when we can.’ Would that suffice, would that make you happy?

2 Likes

@mattyb they have put a poll asking people what platform they play on. All Xbox users feel like they studio does not care about us at all. People have pre-order game. There are parents who want to buy the game for there kids as birthday present. We have not had anything from them beyond the post on X (twitter) on the 16th of June. All we like is for the studio to be honest with us now as we are the last platform still waiting for the game. To all Xbox user who want to play the game we feel like second class citizens. While PC and PlayStation user who have the game all ready and are getting heard when they have a problem with the game. We keep seeing post about patch updates for PC and PlayStation and think when will we get to play. We just like to feel apart of the community and not left out. Just cause we don’t have the game yet does not mean we should have to keep asking about the where the game is. I hope I have not upset anyone with I have said. This is how I feel about the community and the game right now.

1 Like

that’s really all i’ve been trying to say, as an American this is my only way to play the sport at all and I don’t even have an xbox that can take disks so all I want is for it to be released digitally which doesn’t even seem like the issue that they have

1 Like

I wonder if the USAFL will be added to AFL23 one day for the Yankees?

2 Likes

lol, not sure if it’s well known enough but that would be hella cool

3 Likes

@JNT_BA

Things i want to see in the game in the future

Team Lineups on the Screen before a game starts

Players on the Interchange Bench

Stadium Screens to have the scores and count up time on them

Last 10 Scoring Shots to come up on the screen after each goal

Last 10 Inside 50s to come up on the screen when their is a stoppage or a throw in inside 50

Player Stats come up on the screen after a player kicks a goal

Bumping

Shepharding

Being Able to Spin Away from Tackles

Being able to jump while on the mark

More Free Kicks in games

Injuries in games

Total Disposals on the Stats

Sliders

have a option to take a advantage or not take a advantage after a free kick

Day Night Cycle

1 teams logo on one side of the field inside 50 and the other teams logo on the other of the field inside 50 in a Grand Final, that hasn’t been added to the game yet

Training Mode, Pro Team, Legends

would like to see coaches talk to the players during the halftime cut scenes

would like to see players who can play 2 positions to have 2 positions added to their identity

would like to be able to have a option to choose the primary colour or the secondary colour for each teams scoreboard colour for all games!

Have a option to have the Marvel Stadium roof open or closed for games at Marvel

Being able to change the match difficulty during games

Have overcast added to the weather options, where it’s just cloudy and no sun coming out.

9 Likes