AFL 23 - Megathread

Great suggestions - a shame that so many of these aren’t already in the game.

3 Likes

Thanks mate

Let me know if you have any suggestions you have that I missed

I don’t play management mode, I do know that you can’t challenge suspensions in management mode and player stats in management mode is broken, other than that I don’t know much about management mode.

Has the opponent set shot issue been fixed yet? Having the opponent score all goals and barely any behinds started to get kind of annoying.

1 Like

They improve after each season (even throughout sometimes), all the players I’ve drafted have gotten to 85-90 after 2 years

You have to put them in your team and play with them to upgrade.

The ai need to be urgently patched game is extremely unplayable multiple crashes are still occurring.

1 Like

Our patched version on PS5 still does not allow us to tackle. Is this just us or is it a problem for all PS5 console users.

If it is a bug is there a timeframe for it to be fixed? We have stopped playing as there is no point trying if you can’t tackle.

Thanks

3 Likes

@JNT_BA will the team be adding Port’s tri bolt jumper to the game? (It’s making a return to the AFL )

1 Like

@JNT_BA Will Junior Rioli’s name be changed back to Willie Rioli in the game?

Have you tried changing who your back up ruck is?

I would assume in the next patch it would probably happen

1 Like

Would like to get at least an update on Xbox considering it’s a week into August and we were promised an announcement late July/early August…

1 Like

Are you still playing on medium?

1 Like

Will Junior Rioli’s name be changed back to Willie Rioli in the game?

Yep, this will come out with a future patch as well as updates to Poulter’s number.

I also know people have been asking about Buddy, as he is still a listed player he will remain, for now. But that can change pretty fast.

ai kicking needs fixing asap it’s annoying I am simulating all my matches because of this.

This change will come to the next PS patch, as well as some other updates we have been working on. We also just added a new person to the community testers to get their feedback on some specific changes as they have been super helpful with tickets and suggestions, from their feedback I think they’re liking the changes so far, and I hope everyone else will when it comes out.

7 Likes

Both of these sounds promising, can’t wait to see what the ‘changes’ are from the new persons reviews on it so far. Is the next patch far away?? :slight_smile:

No comment on tackling in PS available?

1 Like

Are you finding you can’t tackle at all? Or just sometimes that it doesn’t do anything?

It’s been fine for me on PS5 since about the 2nd or 3rd patch. There’s still times when the CPU is kicking and I can’t seem to tackle (maybe also from bad positioning/timing though)… but I can definitely wrap them up in general play.
Also, tackling without sprint (and sometimes even holding R1) works a lot better.

Lately I’ve been using ‘tap Triangle’ (not hold) to tackle…and found that it’s been more successful.
The Guide mentions this is more likely to strip them of the ball, while hold is more likely to wrap them up with it.

3 Likes

Can’t tackle at all. I will try your suggestions. Thanks so much for your response.

We normally play 2 people (usually for the saints) against AI. otherwise that maybe where the bug is but I will try your suggestions tonight!

Go Saints.

Yeah, I always release sprint to get the best possible chance, I’ve been playing on PS5 this morning trying some things out and I’m not having too much trouble getting a tackle depending on what I’m trying to do. Getting as close as possible with a direct line of sight to them is the best way to do it, deviation on either side can reduce or nullify your chance of getting the tackle.

3 Likes

I hold it as I usually use it when I’m in their 50 to bring them down. I don’t like to actively tackle in the mid-field as I prefer to play more actively and try to out-mark over needing to tackle, but that’s more on my play style. When I’m looking at things like tackle when someone brings something up I will spend quite a while on different types and distances depending on the feedback.

2 Likes