AFL 23 - Megathread

Maybe don’t get the AI to do it for you then? :man_shrugging:t3::roll_eyes:

The AI opponents were quite sneaky for me yesterday they managed some very questionable goals and marks. Bit of a challenge but I loved every second of it

@JNT_BA is the hall of fame working yet? I just don’t want to start a season if award winners won’t be added to the honour boards

What quarter length are we all playing on here? I’ve been playing 5 minute quarters to try get somewhat half-realistic scores & stats, but the 25-30 minutes that takes to complete the game feels way too long for me.

I play 7.5 minute quarters as it gives more realistic scores and stats. I’m waiting for the next big patch before starting an 18 club season mode.

2 Likes

3.5min.
Mainly because I am an old man, and get limited time to play on the PS5 when the kids want to take over all the time.

2 Likes

haha yes thats exactly why 5 min quarters are too long for me. Quick sneak onto the PS5 at 6.30 in the morning, I never get through a whole match before someone is running up to me having a tantrum about wanting to play. What sort of scores do you average?

2 Likes

7.5 min quarters I’ve found have the most realistic scorelines for both sim and played games, it’s only the player stats which can be thrown off with players getting 50 touches in sim games

1 Like

14th of August and still no word on the July early August retailers will have the game comment.

Not doing yourselves any favours here Big Ant. You could at least just come out and say it’s delayed ?

3 Likes

@crowsfan02 I’m sorry I have to keep replying to your comments, but each time they just seem like it’s a user problem and not the game. Teams come back all the time, the game isn’t out the get you, and the fact that after months of the game now and you’re still on medium proves my point.

1 Like

Can fluctuate depending on the skill level of course, but basically looking at 8 - 9 goals each team on the hardest, compared to a 20 goal drubbing on easiest.

This is gold. Player career would of dominated sales compared to no pro team on release

I must concede I don’t deal much with the AI as I tend to play the game with others in my home. My son and daughter and enjoying the challenge. I could let them win, and I often do when I pit a NAFA team against a TSL team…

1 Like

When I’m playing career I play 2.5 mins for mostly the same reasons as you. Family limits game time, so just want to smash through as many games as I can. Realism in stats and scores never really bothered me.

Personally the 3 minute quarters in AFL Live seemed the best to me, I wish that was still an option.

2 Likes

Need a new setting where you can remove players who recently retired but still can edit the teams players stats and attributes

1 Like

Using the ai option to simulate team match 89% loss all the time. I highly recommend playing the team match as a win is more highly possible. Plus less injuries too.

@stallionsCEO Funnily enough I actually only sim games so that I get injuries and it allows me to use different players, I’d love if injuries occurred in played games. Hopefully they also bring suspensions in.

Why cant you play a custom team in season or management mode?

I used the sim the boring matches so I could get the the exciting matches. Also the ai place the players in some really ridiculous positions. They made Allir the ruck for port and made the small forwards the defenders. So the ai aren’t very smart. I now believe that big ant done that deliberately to make it even and fair all at the same time :+1:

There hasn’t been a patch update for 3 weeks, it’s past mid August, and still no word on when Xbox or Pro team will be released. I am not one to complain but it’s getting ridiculous now.

2 Likes