AFL 23 - Megathread

Well make sure to let us know what you think and if more tuning can be done with these specific updates.

3 Likes

@JNT_BA Will give it a run tonight and make some notes for you.

1 Like

Definitely need too fix stats for all teams and matches i play a match with 7.5 minutes and players from other teams end up with 46-50 disposals which is so unrealistic

Any news on Pro Team?

Okay yeah goal kicking is way to accurate when being tackled do make sense

1 Like

Someone please confirm ā€¦ Iā€™ve just seen long sleeves are now in the game, is this is a new tweak?? @JNT_BA :smiley:

1 Like

Love the sound of improved player movement but man, that is a disappointingly light list of updates given the last patch was what, a month ago?

Hereā€™s hoping AFL23 will be finished by 2024ā€¦

3 Likes

Patch downloaded on PS5.

Player movement has improved quite a bit. The ability to change direction quickly and get a free flowing game of footy is more prominent now.

Didnā€™t come across any ā€˜stuck in the mudā€™ reactions either. Felt very fluid.

3 Likes

Really need player defenderā€™s to not be 100% tagged by opposing forwards. Itā€™s so unrealistic for that to be the case, especially when the player forwards donā€™t do it through tactics.

2 Likes

Funnyā€¦ theyā€™ve never won a Premiership!

Still nothing added to make career management mode more enjoyable?
Shame, let me know when you do.

1 Like

This game is still broken on ps4, tackling barely works and no matter what you do if you get tackled itā€™s counted as holding the ball half the time even if you try to get the ball out, trying to get the speed meter to work on the set shot goal is now annoying, sometimes it moves slower and is easier to use and sometimes it goes too quick to even do anything, even the kicking has just gotten a bit more annoying, just please fix this game soon

1 Like

Or unless we arenā€™t playing it properly, my fiancĆ© and I have really been enjoying afl lately so it would be great to be able to play this game properly but so far the best working bit might be the guersney creation for us

The Guernsey creator goes pretty well, but I wish we could share guernseys without sharing teams

3 Likes

Game wasnā€™t fixed cause the defenders are broken and still running around in a circle. Just very disappointing and my players canā€™t even mark the ball. The last patch was better and this patch just broke everything again for me.

1 Like

I played a couple of games last night just to test out the new patch. The player movement feels incredibly smoother, I can actually move the ball out of contests like I want to.
The tackling still is a bit inconsistent, I feel like itā€™s a 50/50 chance whether Iā€™m going to be able to tackle someone.

@JNT_BA One bug I potentially noticed is that Heritage Bank Stadium caused my frames to drop all game, that might be something to investigate.

Quite literally none of those things were changed in this patch.

2 Likes

Oh really? Are you on PC, PS4 or PS5?

@JNT_BA PS5. Not a problem, still 85% playable. Just made my controller go crazy when the frame would drop and the vibration of the marking contest was due. Didnā€™t have it at any other stadium, will let you know if it pops up anywhere else.

You know what would be nice a release date for xbox

2 Likes