AFL 23 - Megathread

If it were to grade your efforts like FIFA, that would raise the standard

Bring out more patch updates big ant please!

1 Like

What is actually the hardest difficulty in the game? Iā€™m winning on what says hardest difficulty by like 20 every game

1 Like

The leap between hard and hardest is way too big in my opinion

1 Like

I still had West Coast kick 10 straight goals in a match. So frustrating.

I agree. There needs to be a middle ground because itā€™s too easy on hard and weirdly frustrating at hardest.

Meanwhile me here belting every team by 40+ on hardest

im begging for the AI forwards to stop tagging my defenders when im trying to bring the ball out of the backline. Its completely unrealistic, especially when the AI defenders are free to roam around when they bring it out of the back?

2 Likes

Player movement is much better in the latest patch! Great to see improvements are being made there.

Not auto-saving your previous lineup (season mode) is an embarrassing glitch to still be featured in the game though. Itā€™s all Iā€™ve been playing until management mode gets some love, and having to re-do the default team every game drives me nuts.

Sliders & the ability to edit/develop specific individual player stats is a must!

I donā€™t understand the logic behind excluding those incredibly popular & useful elements of an AFL/modern sports game.

And unfortunately the game still lacks any real sense of physicality - tackling is still all one way and the lack of ability to bump properly in an AFL game is ridiculous (and so unrealistic!). There isnā€™t even any player niggle to be seen in the replays.

If you get the timing right and hit the contest with pace, youā€™d love to really feel like you nail someone in a bone-crunching tackle.

If you tidied up these elements, improved the camera angles for set shots/replays, cleaned up the UI & stats, and really put some serious work into management mode, weā€™d have a killer AFL game.

Lots to like but still a long, long way to go.

3 Likes

Any tips on the best way to clear the ball from a stoppage would be appreciatedā€¦Im terrible.

Just donā€™t kick it backwards because your defenders will be getting tagged by forwards like in a real footy match. /s

1 Like

Feel like it can be impossible sometimes - iā€™ve had runs, especially in front of my own goal, where itā€™s just constant tackle and ballup a good 5-6 times until I finally cave in and just press L2 ( I think) + X and hack it away (usually ends up out on the full). AI manage to run it out and handball it away fairly easy though if Iā€™m not pressing tackle the second the ball is moved

2 Likes

Is there any chance for the next patch to drop before the Finals start @JNT_BA and maybe some more info about pro team or Xbox etc?

5 Likes

Bring on the next patches!

Anyone up to the draft at the moment and able to advise if the filtering allows more than 1000 players yet? Search All Players in team management tends to show every available player in the game, but when inside the draft whilst searching to use a pick, it was restricted to 1000

Fingers crossed, we have a week off footy now, so letā€™s hope for that little bit of juicy stuff prior to it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, the 1000 limit. Iā€™m running into that still with new custom players. Must be an arbitrary limit.

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d check this page a couple times today hoping for someone to post something, and 12 hours gone by and nothing said, fingers crossed something this week, need a footy fix of something :eyes:

Can someone give me tips, with the set shot. Iā€™m averaging 12 plus behinds a game and 4 or 5 goals.

A training and tutorials mode as promised, would go a long way.

2 Likes