AFL 23 - Megathread

Hi @JNT_BA

Will the next patch include an update to AFLW 2023 lists?

1 Like

Or a game for Xbox, September now :((((((((((

2 Likes

Maybe Dimma isnā€™t a fan of grass eating and the Daicosā€™s had a fight in the 2023 offseason about who gets the ā€œKing Daicosā€ nickname and they were booted from the clubs? Not sure about their individual seasons as such but Collingwood (with Daicos in the lineup) made the grand final and lost to me by 10 points, and Gold Coast made a prelim getting knocked out by Collingwood.

I am so glad that when the ā€¦ hit the fan early with xbox that I upgraded to a PS5ā€¦because this xbox saga is nothing short of disgraceful. I feel for the xbox clan.

3 Likes

Hey Bigant

Where is AFL23 for Xbox.
All of the xbox community is stuck with afl evo2 that we have been playing for a while.

PLEASE GIVE US A PROPER RELEASE DATE

Kind Regards
KurlySp

5 Likes

@KurlySp if youā€™re still playing evo2 in 2023 thatā€™s on you tbh

Who keeps deleting my posts? Stop it!!!

2 Likes

When every single one of your posts is constantly asking about when the next patch is and nothing else Iā€™m not sure what you expect. Asking over and over will result in posts being removed as people will report them as potential spam.

8 Likes

@JNT_BA are you able to give us an indication of whatā€™s being worked on for the next patch?

Even if you canā€™t go into super detailed specifics or provide an ETA on when itā€™ll be ready.

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey @JNT_BA have a quick one regarding support tickets. If an issue I flagged a while ago has returned/happened again, is it best to update the existing ticket, or raise a new one? Went through the trades/draft period again, and as you can see had quite a few trades involving picks. When going into the draft, I had that issue where the draft picks from trades corrupted and turned into pick 65536, thus I ended up with 0 picks in the national draft. Pretty sure it may have been selecting ā€œleave to list managementā€ when I needed to do my final list lodgement that has caused it

Send a reply to your last one and Iā€™ll get the guys to let me know when it comes in and Iā€™ll look into it personally. I do remember them talking to me about it, a change did go through. But Iā€™ll look again.

1 Like

Thanks mate! Sent a reply yesterday arvo with the screenshot. Ticket #16040. Happy to send a copy of the saved file a bit later today if you need as well.

1 Like

Need something done about forwards tagging defenders when trying to move ball in defensive 50

2 Likes

What do you propose? I see that sort of tagging all the time IRL

I sit in the Sydney Cheer Squad at home games and you get a pretty good view of the options available up the ground from kick-ins. Generally there arenā€™t too many and it can take up to 30 seconds to find something appropriate unless they get onto it before the opposition resets.
The game marches you fifty if you are too keen on pressing up as an attacker. Not sure if it does for AI though.

I do notice the CPU chips it around the back 50 when I have my Defensive strategy set to Full Zoneā€¦ but I havenā€™t noticed the CPU switch to that Defensive strategy yet (which would allow that chip around).

5 Likes

Exactly this, they donā€™t set up any zones to make it interesting. Every team has the same tactics

3 Likes

Thatā€™s crazy my post got flagged just for speaking facts :joy:

7 Likes

@JNT_BA So Ive thought of a great way to open up games and make them feel more realistic and its really simple. In game and management career, allow us to change sides to the opposition and change the tactics. Then we can choose to make a team play more like they would in real life.

1 Like

@JNT_BA hi!

Are there updates happening even when patches arenā€™t announced?

Iā€™ve noticed on PS5 that the set shot is a bit better with the CPU scoring a few more behinds. And the difficulty on Hard is pretty good now, not super easy like it used to be.

2 Likes