AFL 23 - Megathread

I’ve updated the PAFC player list which I’ll upload the 2k24 team very soon. I’ve heard Port will be getting a new home guernsey design for 2024 :wink:

Crazy to think the gameplay still has so many issues and we’re not getting an update until the 2024 lists are finalised.
No Pro Team, no training mode, Management mode is still broken and this game is most certainly not ‘the deepest AFL game’ to date.
Last BigAnt game I’ll ever purchase

8 Likes

Either this is a long term afl game or the chances of them making another afl game are incredibly low.

2 Likes

They’ve got our cash and have moved on.

They over-promised & under-delivered, and the costs involved to spend time making further improvements (as promised) is now not worth it to them.

8 Likes

At the Coin Toss, is the Call Generated or can you Call Heads or Tails?

1 Like

Following on from what Ross said, you’d actually think there would have been an AFLW team list update by now. Equal representation, not anymore it seems.

3 Likes

AFLW team lists for 2023 season have been forgotten; finals and still no update. Not a good look for an AFLW team sponsor.

3 Likes

Depending on what is displayed on the screen, if the head is facing you when you click, you will select “heads”.
And you probably guessed it, when tails is facing you and you click, you select “tails”.

So yes, you do get to choose. Just need to time it.

3 Likes

Ok Thanks got now wasnt looking at the coin

1 Like

Saw this … elsewhere… Looking forward to the further updates. @JNT_BA are you able to say if that includes missing features and additional content (eg. Pro Team, sliders, more depth for manager mode etc.) or will it just be a quick update of players/fixtures/geurnseys?

8 Likes

Thats a positive at least. @JNT_BA and @RossSymons when do team lists get settled though??

Any idea what the updating/patching will involve :slight_smile: ?

3 Likes

They would commit career suicide if they made people pay for this update.

Will it have more than just player updates? Yes, it will.

What exactly it will include will be talked about at a later time.

I did mention some things a while ago that was being worked on while other updates were going in.

9 Likes

Just wondering, is Marvel stadium going to be updated before 2024? Cricket 24 has the correct seating colours and the red seats with ‘marvel’ but AFL23 does not

1 Like

Please for the love of god, fix the movement and make it feel like we’re playing modern footy instead of footy from the last time Essendon won a final

2 Likes

Hmm good point, I’ll certainly ask!

4 Likes

Great to hear there will be some more updates coming on the horizon @JNT_BA I have been continually clocking up some hours on the game while finishing off my thesis and still a few things pop up that may or may not be quick fixes.

• Would be great to be able to view a more user friendly run down of contract spend, draft hand, and happy and unhappy players within a managment mode widget or summary on the home screen when in management mode.
  • Add in injuries occuring in management mode when you play through the match yourself as opposed to simulating the match
  • Better interaction with player training and development as just doesn’t feel clean with the progression of players even between simulation and playing matches yourself

I know there must be a pile of suggestions from myself and others over the last few months or more on this forum, would be great to see an patch wish list so we know what we may expect over the next few months or more.

5 Likes

Big ant support page is good for suggestions, I get a load in for cricket 24 and they always respond with something positive like they’ll show the team.
If you copy paste this into a suggestion ticket.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, I might gather together the suggestions made by myself within this forum and put it in a formal ticket.

@JNT_BA heads up a big ticket coming your way!

3 Likes

The team will be waiting for it!

1 Like