AFL 23 - Megathread

I have a few mixed feelings about this update, on one hand I love the new way the players move around the ruck contest, I still dislike the interchange and I still don’t love that there’s no way to train your players to get their overall skills up. But in saying all this it feels like a step in the right direction and with some time and optimism and definitely work it’ll become what we all wanted it to be

When will there be updates to management mode? Drafting can be a pain because players don’t seem to retire, and you can’t sort the lists, the cap space doesn’t seem to actually restrict you.
The update is great, the gameplay is a lot more fluid and fun. However I can’t change difficulty to hardest and the AI doesn’t seem to actually attack once it gets past center on hard. Cheers

when i played the first game in season mode the commentators still thought ut was 2023 can big ant update the commentrary

Played my first game of the new update today - have to agree, the changes to gameplay have been great. You can link up plays a lot easier, the ball moves around much smoother and so much quicker. I don’t like that I can no longer just mark and smack the ball away without getting pinged, but in contested footy I guess that’s never easy without going back on your mark. Looking forward to the next phase of the update with the full lists and hopefully some updates to manager mode

Performing a snap shot at goal (L2 + O) is impossible without getting tackled first, the kick radar is too slow. All I want to do is perform a snap goal in play with Charlie Cameron, despite his high speed and agility, I can never get him into space. He will always get tackled when having a shot or it will spray out on the full.

2 Likes

@JNT_BA Not sure if it’s been picked up or mentioned, but the difficulties are off. When I select hardest, on the pre match screen where Start Game, Uniforms are etc it shows Hard. I tested by selecting other difficulties and it shows the difficulty below.

2 Likes

exactly the same for me when I am playing management mode and it is way too easy when I put it on hardest because it changes to hard.

Finding more and more new issues. Everytime I try and change team starting lineups in academy, the game crashes. There are also duplicates of every player traded in the off-season but with different guernsey numbers.

1 Like

Am I the only one who can’t tackle. 90% of the time I just stutter chase

2 Likes

hold down either right or left trigger and if gives you an advantage to tackle, even when tapping out in Ruck contest

Try holding R1 while kicking. It doubles the speed of the metre.

Help please! All of my set shots for goal always go dead straight to the left. I’m aiming straight and there is no wind. Any suggestions?

The ball swings across the body of the kicker so you have to take the swing into account

The homing button (RB/R1) works while sprinting (RT/R2) now so if you hold both of them before tackling you should be better positioned to connect the tackle.

@JNT_BA
All these slots for guernseys are fair and fine. But if I can’t insert created logos then there is little point.

looks like Marvel hasn’t been updated in the new patch. I know it’s minor but don’t understand how it’s accurate in the cricket game but not the AFL game even after the new patch.

Yes that does help. Though It does feel weird having to hold down L2 and R1 and circle at the same time. Too much happening. My view is L2 modifier should automatically make the radar go faster speed for bananas/snaps as these kicks are ussually performed in tight situations anyway where you don’t ussually have the time or space to face the goals. At the moment, L2+O by itself has no purpose as it’s paid holding the ball 95% of the time.

Make L2+O radar faster by itself.

In saying this I think the kick radar in play is generally too slow as well, too many holding the ball free kicks

2 Likes

Hardest is still too easy for me this update. Winning all games by 80+ pts on hard.

Apparently my kicking at goal is rubbish. Very rubbish

1 Like

Maybe you could share some tips, because I’m screwed