AFL 23 - Megathread

From memory they can/do fix things but sometimes it’s not mentioned in the patch notes as such :slight_smile:

Played my first game in season mode and within 30 seconds of it starting it stops and an error message pops up😩 Start another game, again within 30 seconds it freezes. Great, now I guess I won’t be able to play until the next patch… it is the never ending story.

1 Like

More posts on bigfooty saying it’s crashing regularly on season mode.

Anyone know what the hardest difficulty to play on is in management mode. I play on hardest and I win by 100 every game

All this crashing just shows Bigant dont actually test anything

3 Likes

They forgot the censored bug

I’m not going to defend them too much here, but the censored bug is apparently something rather big and unlikely to get fixed anytime soon.

Any ones game crashing when loading into a game?

Seen a few people mention crashes. What platform is it happening on for everyone?
If PS4/PS5, Sony give an option to send the developers the crash report, which can massively help the devs track down the issue, so do it!

Not sure if there’s an equivalent for PC or XBox.

2 Likes

I’m on PS5 and I’ve sent 4 crash reports, 1 for each time the game has crashed after attempting to play a match. People all over social media are expressing the same issues.

4 Likes

Game keeps crashing on Steam right after the centre bounce. Tried on Play Now, Season and Management mode. Unplayable after the update.

1 Like

There is a workaround you can do that has been successful for us in our testing. When you head into the save in the mode, while in the main menu not in gameplay, if you load into the settings menu and then back out again this can help stop this from happening!

This has been updated on our end which will go out in the next update.

Play Now we haven’t had reports of so if it is happening on the bounce please reach out to the Support team as they will need to get your data to look into.

I haven’t tested all modes, but I have played some Play Now games without issue.
The logo uploading thingy also seems to be working which is tops.

1 Like

Same here. Been doing play now all morning to help the QA team look into it and my play now has been fine so far.

Is this on the crashing that has been happening?
I’ve seen a few people say that when you are on the hardest difficulty it crashes but lower difficulty works.
I haven’t tried it out yet.

This only bypasses the crashing after a center bounce… game then crashes if there’s a kick out…

Will there be a quick fix patch for this? Surely we won’t be waiting 2 weeks for the next update?

1 Like

It sounds like the major issue in this is identifying exactly where the issue lies as I can’t replicate it on my PC and it doesn’t sound like @JNT_BA can either.

is there a set timeframe for this update?

Which update are you talking about?

the hotfix they talked about a few hrs ago on twitter