AFL 23 - Megathread

As per my image below, how are we this many patches through and the streamers after the grand final are still pink and purple? This seems like the easiest fix

1 Like

I donā€™t know if this is a ā€˜newā€™ thing but I literally just spun out/evaded a tackleā€¦ someone clarify coz if itā€™s new thatā€™s awesome!

Considering it was different in the trailer and had it matching team coloursā€¦ can that be fixed easily @JNT_BA ??

I Do it all the time

1 Like

Played my first match of the new update - finally started a new management mode using the 2024 lists. Even without sliders, can feel the game has gotten much harder. Played Round 1 against Bombers on hardest (5 min quarters), instead of the regular 70-24 scoreline, I struggled big time to get a leg up and won it 39-33. Bombers seemed to have a man everywhere, I could barely mark anything (except the old CHB plucking everything), centre bounces were even, every kick forward would go to a 3 on 1, and they would just link up with a chain of handballs and kicks to a leading player perfectly. Really enjoyed the arm wrestle to win that game, and looking forward to giving it a whirl with some sliders once I do get a hang of the changes. Really liking the recent updates and where itā€™s positioned the gameplay.

Just hope we get some additional content added to management mode soon to keep the momentum rolling. Is that all weā€™re going to get feature-wise (besides Pro Team) going forward?

4 Likes

@JNT_BA : Quick question, with (Pro Team) coming next month, is this when the focus will start to being on Management mode? With training ect? :slight_smile:

P.S I wouldnā€™t mind having the streamers after a GF to be team colors as seen in the trailer, itā€™s not major but would be a good fix also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I have noticed that on the grand final cutscene itā€™s annoying

This is something I brought up in the latest AFL meeting. While not impossible it would be a considerable undertaking from many teams to get this 100%.

Taking away from other larger updates to other systems.

Iā€™ll bring it up again in future meetings to see where we are and what may be able to be done!

2 Likes

here are my beyond hardest sliders i have been working on since they came out.

3 Likes

It would be nice to know if injuries are coming to season mode as I am in two minds about starting a new season as every team. It can be a bit tedious selecting the same teams every game with no forced changes.

A couple of real quick observations based on a quarter and a bit on Easiest with the new patch.

Easiest is easier than ever. Not a complaint or anything, just an observation. Iā€™m still wary of increasing the difficulty, mastering the mechanics etc only for them to change with the next patch. So Easiest it is for now.

Playing West Coast vs Gold Coast, and the game defaulted to the MCG. Iā€™m assuming this is a new bug because it didnā€™t do this before #VicBias.

Best not to complain about Easiest. I live in Easiest. Mostly because I play custom teams most of which have an average int he 30s or 40s which means any harder and you lose to the AI.

1 Like

how much do you think youll get for it

Love the sliders and gameplay! Only thing missing from gameplay now isā€¦
Injuries - not sure why we donā€™t have it in.
Gang tackling - huge part of real footy.
Pack marks and spoils.
More players around the ball instead of running away from it.
Cut scene after every whistle. You guys have great graphics and motion cap so would love to see more of it so it looks like a tv broadcast instead of a whistle then the afl logo pops up and players have moved down the field.
@JNT_BA any chance of any of these happening?

3 Likes

Oh, one another thing. By default it selected the Eagles home uniform. It is predominately royal blue. By default it selected Gold Coastā€™s clash uniform.

Which is also predominately royal blue.

So West Coast vs Gold Coast at the MCG wearing matching uniforms. I noticed the colours thing so was able to pick an alternative Gold Coast strip, but I didnā€™t notice the MCG thing because why would I even think to look.

Some new things for AFL 23 management mode.
. Being able to change players positions at any time
. Custom draft classes, just like 2k
. Training like AFL evo 2
. Create a club in management or be able to use custom clubs
. Better Brownlow, rising star, all Australian etc;
. Being able to track who the favorites are for each award throughout the season
. Mock drafts
. 3,2,1 votes just like AFL evo 2
. Showing the lineups before games like afl evo 2
. Being able to customize the team during management for example customize jerseys, stadiums, relocation
. Expansion teams
. Fixing the glitch where you offer a 5 year contact and then theyā€™re uncontracted the next season
. More frequent ai trade offers
. More ai-ai trades
. significantly slow the regression rate and speed up the progression rate.
. Be able to hire and fire new staff
. Be able to upgrade facilities to improve how long players are injured for or progression/ regression
. Chose if a player goes to hospital or physio depending on severity of injury
. Add more suspensions and give us the option to appeal the call
. More injuries when you actually play the game
Thanks Big Ant

7 Likes

@JNT_BA will we see anything like this in near future?

Weā€™ll need more info on the MCG thing so we can look into it. I donā€™t know if this is like season or management or what year if it is management.

Single match or whatever the mode is called.

Not playing management mode unless itā€™s fixed :slight_smile:

So play now? Where you have full control over all the settings, uniforms and locations?

1 Like