AFL 23 - Megathread

Same its getting so frustrating

Wasn’t the whole point of the forum meant to be for this kinda communication? Rather 99% of the time Bigant are silent till they delay something. Is this delay gonna be another “short” 1 year delay. Seriously the company is useless

Sure let me just pull my own quote from that post you just replied to.

You will not get updates here first on unreleased things in most cases.

Can we just confirm that the update that was proposed today was just for ProTeam

There wasn’t any other game play updates or player cosmetics. If there were any updates outside of ProTeam would it be possible to release those to ease the mob?

1 Like

can you tell us when this video is getting released

Oooh, something I may be able to answer. I’ll ask and see what I can get confirmed! For this update, most of “my” specific focus has been on Pro Team for a while and not on the general things while working on my part of the update.

4 Likes

Thanks, I guess if it is possible to seperate out the updates (if there are additional ones) it might be enough until we can get the main update with Pro Team.

Would be great to get the player likeness for the other draftees if it is already done, or any other gameplay updates.

Why wasn’t the game released feature complete this year as AFL 24?

Or next year as AFL 25 If we’re talking everything
we were promised: management mode, training mode and minigames.

Imagine the reputation Big Ant would still have!

You’ve relentlessly complained about the free updates we’ve received all year, and now ask why we didn’t instead get a fully purchasable, new game instead?!?

Because they gave us free updates that they iteratively worked on!

I haven’t complained about “free updates” (they’re called patches to fix bugs) and I think you’ll find most of my gameplay impressions have been positive.

We still don’t have promised features a year after launch, and I’m not just taking Pro Team. With no explanation. You defending that?

I just want an explanation and what we should expect going forward.

The scheduled releases were posted on March 7, and the previous updates have launched on time (with this one clearly imminent and just slightly delayed by a third party).

Along the way they’ve added features (that weren’t part of the initial game as you can see on the launch party and YouTuber preview gameplay)… so not just bug fixes, including:-

• 2024 lists and updated player likenesses
  • Academy Quick Codes
  • On the run goal kicking overhaul
  • Chip kicks/handballs
  • Quick tactics
  • Quick interchange
  • New kits
    And more.

All that on top of the bug fixes, re-integration of features from the launch, tweaks to gameplay and tweaks to difficulty from user feedback.

I know you feel burned by the initial launch, or not getting a second ProTeam trailer, but they’ve scrambled bloody hard… so if you really are upset about a training mode or a missing commentator, and hanging on to them because ‘it was promised’, just go and play on the Easiest difficulty and put Hamish’s voice on in the background.

4 Likes

I’ve also never said anything about a second Pro Team trailer, but OK.

Like I said, I just want confirmation of what we paid for, and not some crap about “back of the box”. There’s still official Big Ant announcements out there talking about missing modes and features that have never been updated in any way. If we’re not getting a mode, or a mode like Management Mode isn’t being fixed, then tell us.

It’s really not a lot to ask for.

No one would put up with this about any other product. “Hanging on to them because ‘it was promised’” … Well, yes? You’re acting like we should accept someone saying “buy our product, it will contain x,y,z”, launching with x and tumbleweeds on y and z for over a year.

C’mon man. There’s no way that’s acceptable.

And as for 2024 list updates etc, every AFL game for the past 13 years has given us at least one season update. Previous games you had to pay for the DLC, AFL 23 will (eventually) be relying on a microtransaction-fuelled revenue model. So …bravo I guess?

1 Like

Has anyone noticed in management mode that the players easily get fatigued? I’ve noticed that the rucks and midfielders in my management mode are all out of energy midway through the 2nd quarter.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the balls brodie awhyeahhh

Yep, every game. Ruck is out of stamina by halfway through Q2. Midfielders not so bad but similarly getting tired too quick.

They said we get a video today

Where did they say that, pls don’t get my hopes up

So going by that tweet as of last night as seen above… I’d assume the video will be out later today :slight_smile: !!

3 Likes

I kinda hope they just re-upload the 12 month old “launch” trailer :muscle: