AFL 23 - Megathread

My question is it an online mode? I’m just curious. It does look fantastic and tbh it’s worth the wait.

1 Like

Hey there! quick question, would i be correct in saying there will be some sort of reward system? i see it had xp levels so will there be a battle pass kinda thing? Also, will there be pack releases per week?

This is a hard question to answer without some explanation. The mode is online in the sense that it is server-based and you will “need” to be online. Now if you go back far enough there are comments from last year that there will be modes where you do not “need” to play against other people online which is still true, but I’ve had fun playing my internal team we have to play against each other in studio against others.

If you look closely at some points in the video you may see some of these modes! - More on these later.

6 Likes

yes but this is a good thing. auction house adds a whole element to the mode which is just too much. without it makes players use what they get and not build these overpowered superteams, it seems lame but its the right way to go. 2K took it out and it makes pvp much better as teams are different

1 Like

Is it multiplayer only, or can it be played single player?

Is that wording easier to answer?

from his answer it can be played both

1 Like

Cheers :+1:
I don’t mind being online for it . I usually prefer to play offline.

1 Like

id assume coach battles and ladder leaders is online, whereas premiership challenege is offline/player v computer

1 Like

I really hope ladder leaders is not the ranking system with who has most wins and is the most addicted to the game. Id hope a ranked system is within Coach Battles with divisions or Ranks that go up and down per win and loss .

I’m very impressed and excited about ProTeam, I’ve literally watched the video 5 times to examine it. Honestly I think everyone at BA need a round of applause :clap::grin:

5 Likes

Really Curious if there will be new promos every few weeks like in fifa and also if the player ratings seen in the video are going to be updated just not satisfied with Cripps being 86 Curnow 88 ect.

1 Like

Just wondering if the academy will ever be like cricket24 or ao tennis ? There are no cyber faces or custom logos in ps5 academy? When will these be available?

Pro team for your first ever crack at it looks mint, looking to see how this progresses from here as well as the gameplay !!

I’ll throw a little suggestion your way for the first promo pack that could be purchased.

I’d treat this more as a trial promo and donate all funds to charity.

(This will only work if the game is released in a week)

Have the big freeze cards pack (in relation to the fight MND round next week) this would be a great opportunity to test the waters on how interested the player base is in purchasing packs/ you would be putting all profits to a great charity :+1:

4 Likes

Legends?

Or was Glen Jakovich replaced by Greg Clark? :grimacing:

When will the Legends be added to pro team?

1 Like

Pro team looking good

cannot wait till we can play this

hopefully with all the recent steamdb updates even some from 15 hours ago were getting closer too it being released

ProTeams looks very fleshed out, I’m predicting a release for it next week possibly either Tuesday or Wednesday :crossed_fingers::+1:

1 Like

Pro Team looks mint as. Hope it drops asap!!

1 Like