AFL 23 - Megathread

I don’t understand what you mean, they physically couldn’t drop the update the date it was supposed to because they platform holders have not submitted/accepted the approval

1 Like

Where have they said they are being held back by 3 platforms?
Its clear steam is ready and doesnt need the same approvals.
Now im assuming they are likely held up by only one platform (my best guess) and they are trying to launch it at the same time for all users to not give an unfair advantage to one or two platforms.
If one platform didnt get it and the approval got denied and they had to keep going back for approvals and it takes a month or two then thats a massive disadvantage by the time it does get approved.
We are all frustrated by the delay and lack of communication but all we can do is wait.
This isnt the first time they have held back an update to wait for all platforms to be ready.

For all we know pro team could be releasing over the coming days, so maybe just take a break, settle down and we can all enjoy it when it finally comes out.

2 Likes

It’s definitely not steam or isn’t Microsoft, I definitely know it’s most likely on the PlayStation side. So hopefully this week starting from Monday (tomorrow) we see some good news :crossed_fingers::+1::grin:

@stallionsCEO Proof of this? Considering it was microsoft with the last batch of hold ups. Considering microsofts harsher crack down on in game purchases lately im inclined to believe its them. However my opinion is purely speculative.

Looks like steam is ready to go, usually have a update on steamdb and haven’t had one in 3/4 days

1 Like

a thing they should change is when getting tackled just always dropping the ball

1 Like

@JNT_BA I just discovered that there’s a bug with the new recruits in management mode. Apparently these recruits are 13 and 14 years old.

I hope we get a update tommorow that would be good

Just another suggestion with Custom Guernsey I would love to see you have different Colours for the cuffs & collar western bulldogs are a prime example of a club that has them and also the striped collar & cuff what saint Kilda have would also me a nice touch to add to the creation of guernseys

C’mon now,
That sort of stuff makes sense. It has no place in this thread at the moment.

4 Likes

Is that in the team selection page or the actual draft screen? If you mean the team selection page, it has been like that since the start :joy:

1 Like

Definitely in the team lineup selection screen. I don’t think I paid attention when drafting them :sweat_smile:. I rarely draft newbies I usually go after the delisted players from the other clubs.

Yeah I think the code for the team lineup team must display their age starting from 2023 or 2024 and doesn’t go up, so in a few seasons time all the draftees born in 2014 etc. show as children. Rest of it (eg contracts) should show the right date.

@JNT_BA Any chance of an update ETA? If not, maybe another video of some features/modes?

That does make a lot of sense. I thought I broke the game. I’m currently in the 2029 season in management mode.

1 Like

@JNT_BA Is there a way to turn off the player locking when kicking? I feel like if I want to smash a kick down the guts from kicking out, I’m unable to because it locks onto someone 30-40m meters away.

2 Likes

Should we be expecting some sort of info/update this week @JNT_BA even if it’s the slightest info?? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should hear more about it tomorrow when the work week begins for the platform holders (as it’s Sunday at the moment for both Micro and Sony.) So hopefully tomorrow we will find out more. :crossed_fingers::+1:

2 Likes

Do you reckoned early tomorrow Like 12am

In most cases absolutely around that time. I reckon if not tomorrow then sometime this week. Anything is possible