AFL 23 - Megathread

I understand it’s on the platform holders now but come on a July release? Should have been submitted earlier to allow for approval time….

1 Like

What happened to your Tuesday or Wednesday prediction? A week later it’s now July. I personally think no one has a clue when this thing will be released.

2 Likes

I strongly believed we would have had it by now. The question is if not this week than when. At the moment my main suspect is the micro transactions, which is what I believe is holding up the patch.

1 Like

I dare say if we don’t have a release by close of business Friday, then it will be Tuesday at the earliest :wink:

3 Likes

Damn I rlly got my hopes upn

Anyone know how to stop the rucks being so OP? Had a season where Jiath absolutely dominated every game with disposals, marks, inside 50s etc but the rucks just constantly get the credit. Final Brownlow count:

There used to be a glitch in AFL 2007 that if you forfeited every game, your Ruck would win the Brownlow. There must be something in AFL coding that prioritises rucks.
My current save just had a 47 rated Ruck from Melbourne win the Brownlow.

1 Like

It’s a bug that needs patching.

@JNT_BA I know this will probably annoy you. But is there any chance of another video showing more of proteam to get us through this weekend if the update isnt coming?

1 Like

Pro Team. Seems contradictory given the issues that Big Ant regularly has. It might need a re-name.

I know that ProTeam was the main reason that a lot of people got AFL23. However I got AFL23 not for ProTeam but because of my love for footy.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah fair enough - I raised it via support at the same time but thought I’d throw it out here too. Season before was Mitch Lewis winning the brownlow (kicked bags of 6+ nearly every game so not surprised) with a few mids scattered close and of course rucks. This is the first time I’ve seen sooooo many ruckmen.

I wonder if the game counts every hit out as a possession and like someone who only glances at the stats sheet at the end of a game to decide who had the best game, the game is like oh wow he had 40 touches a game, 3 votes!

If they want to be semi realistic, a dodgy way of doing it would be for Brownlow vote calculation, to multiply every midfielder’s possession and goal by like 10 to ensure midfielders always get the most votes.

1 Like

I don’t think rucks winning the Brownlow is a glitch it’s just the poor formula they are using to decide 3, 2, 1 vote getters. My guess is hitouts are OP in the formula (for example each hitout is worth 1 point) when the stat really shouldn’t come into consideration at all.

Why it’s been done this way, I don’t know. But what I do know is that it’s a very foreseeable and obvious mistake with the formula that most of us wouldn’t make. Hopefully when coaches come in next to work on the AI, they do the Brownlow formula as well, or get an employee who knows a bit about it to do it. As it appears not much understanding or thought has gone into it. AFL2004 got it right, you’d think 20 years later a AFL loving studio would also.

1 Like

Saw someone saying there were player cards shown in the trailer that weren’t in their new teams, which most likely means it was an old video. Or because they were low rated just were somehow forgotten to be updated

Players profile photos in the wrong team colours, potentially a licensing issue and one of many possible reasons proteam hasn’t been approved by platform holders.

Knowing BA, they’d claim the formula as a glitch.

I feel that, literally a remake of AFL 2007 would’ve made my life, I miss the attributes players got when winning the Brownlow or Coleman. I’d love an updated formula with AA teams and rising star as well.

Mmm, I saw that Reddit post with Brandon Ryan on it as well. I wonder if there is a reason for that :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I know some people have seen it.

Reason is because it says at the top of the pack 2023 bronze players pack

1 Like