AFL 23 - Megathread

ok thank you for that

1 Like

@JNT_BA surely we can get a content drop now, a video, some screenshots anything.
As its been over a month since the update has been sent through, which is quite lenghty even from a platform holders perspective. Even just confirmation of where its all up to? Has it been denied and its back to the drawing board? Is it still waiting them to even look at it?
Not having a go at you, its just you are our only hope of communication. Save us obi-wan.

1 Like

Seen it on YouTube, X and Instagram and I instantly knew it. I did suspect we’d see the return of the teal.

1 Like

Played 100s of AFL play now games, yesterday made the switch to a game of AFLW, I saw a goal animation of them throwing grass into the air…I wonder if there are different animations in that game mode compared to the men’s :thinking:

Also side note Jason Bennet commentary is so much better to listen too.

2 Likes

Yeah I absolutely love the commentary in the AFLW games.

There actually are different animations for AFLW. We had an AFLW player get mocap done. They are a friend of the Studio and they even have some special animations set specifically for them.

3 Likes

any new news about pro team release

1 Like

New news about ProTeam will only be announced on BA’s X account. As of today there is no new posts about it. It’s possibly still with the platform holders. It will come eventually.

Its been far too long with the platform holders.
Some transparency from BA would work wonders here.
They need to take us on the journey with them, even if its still with the platform holders, it is what it is. Atleast tell people that.

My complete guess is that it failed a test somewhere, but we’ll never know because no one gets told anything.

Im well aware that news gets released on X, but theres nothing to read there anyway.

3 Likes

I love management mode especially with the cap enforced the teams still love to delist their best players and I pick them up in the draft for almost nothing :+1:
GWS delisted Cadman in 2029 and I added him to the Power lineup :grin:
(Technically it doesn’t matter if you play with the cap enforced I always get the same even with the unenforced cap too)

2 Likes

@JNT_BA Geez, there’s some awesome sounding game modes in @Pink_Panters video.

Do you have any more details on the Coach Battles game modes? Like who creates the Team of the Week, or how it is selected?
And how the community challenges like ‘Tug o War’ or ‘Boss Mode’ games work?

They sound unique… big props if it is what he thought it is.

4 Likes

Love this video, props to Bigant for allowing this. There definently must be some legal/regulation around them giving us news, otherwise they would’ve taken credit and posted a video like this

2 Likes

Unlike a lot of other devs, BA made sure to include the players who prefer to take on the ai in a few modes and I’m absolutely grateful that they did so. All I can say is ProTeam will be amazing whenever it releases, whenever Sony and Microsoft decide to get their stuff together of course :grin:

1 Like

The AI game modes really blew me away to be honest. I wasn’t expecting this much variation and I love the community based element too.

I think these will be a hit.

2 Likes

So Tug-O-Footy is basically as it sounds. You chose your side so I think for the example Pink Panter saw, on our internal season, it was Melbourne v Collingwood (I believe, I can check to make sure as we were showing him on one of the PCs I use). So it’s one of our community modes. You set your side you play for say a week against the opposite team. The score will go one way or the other based on the wins. So I think at the time Collingwood was winning at the end of the period the players who were on the winning side will get bonus rewards.

“HP Battle” is the boss mode he mentioned. In this one, you play against a team of our choosing which can be very OP if we want it to be, again as a community, win against them to bring down their HP, and at the end of the cycle depending on how much HP the team has left you will also get more rewards.

Team of the Week kind of has some things around it which can be both set by us or we can also choose a cool team from the community. So if there is a special event we may set a team based on that event, thankfully with AFL we don’t have a shortage of options when it comes to special matches, rounds, and rivalries we can play around with. With varying difficulties set by us.

In the Coach battle mode, you can also upload your lineup and have people play against it as another AI mode just to have a little bit of extra fun. As you can have a number of lineups you can choose what one you want to share and use in a “Head to Head” mode.

These things can be swapped out as needed with other options we can go with each week or whenever we decide to have different setups for many of these modes. So you may not always see a specific type every week as we can play around and cycle special events.

Again now that some things are out I can talk about things a little more openly. Still, in some cases there may be plans to release things later so there may still be things I won’t talk about.

12 Likes

Sounds absolutely amazing :+1::grin:
Extremely hyped up for ProTeam :clap:

1 Like

Massive shout out too for @JNT_BA and the team for having me in again, really appreciate it!!

As a random side note, they had the full set up of the cameras that capture the players set up too, which was really cool to see!

6 Likes

Now that was worth a read!! Awesome rundown by @JNT_BA on Proteam which is for sure going to but up the excitement for Proteam, also awesome work @Pink_Panters on the video and giving us some insight on this awesome new feature!!

Now let’s hope the green light ain’t far away and we can all enjoy it :grin:

Love your work JNT and all the BA crew for what you do, my hat goes off to you :fist_right:t3::fist_left:t3:

1 Like

Maybe put some of this info on your social too JNT? I saw Twitter people have become restless :joy:

3 Likes

Wow… awesome to hear…
These modes sound cool!

@Pink_Panters great video… @JNT_BA great info.

4 Likes