Any news ?for the game

On TieBreak, the first Early Access allowed 6 modeled men and 6 modeled women (if I’m not mistaken) to play with, solo matches and there were several courts available.

There were bugs and the gameplay wasn’t perfect. There are still some bugs but it’s getting better with their patches.

They could very well have done the same for Rugby24, released 4-5 modeled teams (we know you already have at least Sarries and Sale), some random teams, and released the Stade de France or Twickenham and we were good for an Early Access.

As others indicated, I think the problem is deeper than photogrammetry and that it is unplayable at the moment.

They must have started working on it not as long ago as we thought. At the same time with AFL23, Cricket24, Tie Break and Rugby24, for a studio of this size, they must have found themselves under water.

Big Ant or Nacon, whoever in charge of the communication, could have played fair from the start and said it instead of waiting until the last week each time (here the last day) to say that they were not ready to release the game…

We are a lot to be convinced that once final release will be out, this game will probably be one of the best Rugby game ever, if not the goat.

But come on guys, please give us some pictures, of ANYTHING, as Ross is doing for Cricket, that would be great and keep us interested.

We know that Rugby is a niche game, and that the lads waiting in the forum are the big fans: the majority of people who will buy don’t know yet the existence of this game. But please, for all loyal fans, who are patients, please share with us some things. We will be the first to share with our friends this game, so please don’t let us down like this in the dark.

And please, the coming weeks should be real coming weeks and not coming months.

Have all a great day my friends,

Cheers

4 Likes

Agreed, all this talk of photogrammetry is really just an excuse because they know we’re watching them do it for cricket. At least big ant have provided a 101 on how to kill hype for a videogame

2 Likes

I really can’t wait to play this after I 100% complete GTA6.

2 Likes

Yes unfortunately I will no longer buy the game. If this was released when it originally was intended to be I would have. But now I’m about to travel for a year I’m not going to bother buying it.

Sure I’m only a small Cog in the, I guess small machine lol. So it won’t really impact their sales/revenue… or will it considering the market for a rugby game is already so small?? I don’t know.

We dont care about delay ,but just keep us updated every week

2 Likes

we won’t have any news before September I think and they will tell us that it is still not possible to release the game… we understood that I will never release but that they assume…

1 Like

Where are you travelling?

Long time lurker of the forums and even longer time rugby gaming fan. I’m as disappointed as most of us regarding the latest setback. I saw the following replies from Ross on twitter which provides some more context.

The positive thing is that they are making a game that is the most “integrated, fully licensed Rugby game”. I assume more than Rugby 06/08 which is probably the benchmark when it comes to licenses.

The not so good news is they cannot get access to the players to do photogrammetry. Sounds like some unions are not so accommodating to get this done, which is disappointing for us. To get early release they need “top international representation” and “a complete competition” in terms of photogrammetry.

It’s a shame as the early release crowd would probably just want to see how the game play is. Then provide this feedback about it. Maybe photogrammetry is an excuse for other things lacking gameplay wise. However I’m sure BA/Nacon probably don’t want to rush another game. It’s quite damaging have a game release that is not ready, the reviews are always based on games upon release not 6-12 months later and then playing catch up via patches.

2 Likes

“Over the coming weeks with video and screenshots”

@JNT_BA , hope you are doing well.
Should we understand that we will have videos and screenshots in April ? Cheers

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Going on Nacon’s previous statements about updates I wouldn’t hold your breath!

Over the coming (52) weeks :joy:

As fans, what percentage of the player database would you realistically like or expect to be face scanned? (Photogrammetry)

As a comparison FIFA which is the most successful sports title out there has a player database of more than 17,000 players with just less than 2500 of those players being face scanned. That’s about 15% of the players.

As it stands we know we’re getting a minimum of 60 club teams and about 140 highly anticipated international teams for Rugby 24.
So I’m calling that about 7000 players total.

So what percent of that would you guys like to see scanned??

Are Big Ant really trying to capture them all?

So it sounds like BigAnt want to capture as many licences as possible so they can scan players.
The nature of academy can only help make the game more realistic.

For early access, it could literally be 0%, not even licenced teams. It has absolutely no bearing on play testing the game and reporting bugs to be fixed for the full release. IMO theres absolutely no way its only the photogrammetry that’s the issue at the moment.

2 Likes

We all agree its not photogrammetry. Please stop lieing and communicate properly. We rugbyfans are kind and can bear it. We just want to know what can we expect and eventually when ;p
We even will buy your stuff if you do this tiny effort, and perhaps can help with advices as much as our competence is concerned.

The gripsock debacle cannot be understated in its impact…

2 Likes

63050ae9df594c789a0710ab02559837

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-04-04 115929

I want shin guards included. Absolute necessity for an authentic rugby experience. Must be licensed (It is okay to delay release until the proper contracts are negotiated.) only Canterbury branding is acceptable. Don’t show me any of that Kookaburra nonsense.

People will not buy this game if these are not included #RealFacts.

So in short … if you want commercial success … Shin Guards.

Edit: These are best used with GripSocks

1 Like

All over europe from nz.

Happy travels, sir. Make sure you put it back how you found it when you leave.

1 Like