Cricket 24 - Megathread

Haha fair enough, what about vs Ireland test at the SCG in November.
They need to remove the restrictions on career and allow us to change what we need to for realism.

1 Like

yes like having an option to have a player retire from ODI T20i or Test matches

Hey guys, itā€™s been about two months since I made my last post. I decided to allow some time to pass and let Big Ants update the game as they usually do. Again I want to repeat that I am really really impressed with Cricket 24. Iā€™ve been a fan and player of this franchise since DB days and I wholeheartedly believe that we are trending in the right direction. Iā€™ve seen alot of ppl say that they feel like theyā€™re playing an updated version of Cricket 22, but I disagree. And even if, you donā€™t see FIFA nor NBA 2K changing their entire gameplay engine every year, so kudos to @JNT_BA & @RossSymons for their work on this installment.

I played the game for the first time in two months about a week ago and again I must point out some fundamental features that are worth mentioning and then highlight areas that can still be improved via patches.

Iā€™m reallly impressed by:

1. The Dynamic Broadcast video - Quality
  2. There is a smoothness in gameplay that is very pleasing
  3. Iā€™ve mainly played test cricket so far, but the shots are very impressive, even the defensive shots look authentic - I love how late the batters play the ball. I saw Dean Elgar (batting style 7) play an extra cover drive off Bumrah. I replayed it 10 times lol.
  4. I love how the AI batters go over the top in test matches now, very realistic.
  5. The edges are proper!
  6. The reactions/speed of fielders has signifcantly improved
  7. Overall graphics are nice
  8. Great job on the player faces and body structures for 90% of the licenses players.
  9. The outfiled catching styles have improved
  10. There is more range now with LBW dismissals. Previously you mainly got AI out LBW if they played around a full straight ball. In my brief stint, Iā€™ve see Ashwin beat De Zorzi on the inside edge driving. Iā€™ve seen Elgar be beaten for pace playing a bat foot drive and the ball hit pad before bat - Really nice additions.

Things that can be worked on still (via Patches)

1. AI pulls full balls too frequently through midwicket, there is an akwardness to the shot that can be improved if not removed completely.
  2. Short leg takes unrealistic catches and dives too far to stop balls
  3. Iā€™ve seen some runouts where the ball drops by the stumps and the keeper or bowlers picks it up on the AI batter still tries to run resulting in a run out.
  4. The fielders circle the ball a bit when going to collect it. Perfect example - Bumrah bowls to Elgar, he defends and bumrah runs around the ball instead of running straight to it and collecting.
  5. When i first played in October, I saw fielders chasing balls and sliding to retreive, havenā€™t seen it much since i resumed in December. (was a good addition)
  6. This was also in Cricket 22. I find that when youā€™re bowling to AI, they start randomly trying to get out, or they start edging everything until they are dismissed (test matches)
  7. Varying player speeds when chasing the ball (Iā€™ve tried editing it with coverage in Player Editor) For example - Jadeja and Cornwall shouldnā€™t chase the ball at the same speed.
  8. I havenā€™t played alot of whiteball cricket, what I have noted though, is the batting temperament can be worked on and if not, the AI can play more authentic shots in the white ball format - Esp the pull shot off the fast bowlers from full length deliveries.

Theyā€™re probably more stuff to note from a positive stance and also stuff that requires improvements via patches. But iā€™ll make more post going forward as I play more. Overall though, I think this is a quality game, and we are trending in the right direction. Iā€™m big on having an authentic cricket experience when playing this installment and i really get that from Cricket 24.

2 Likes

I agree with you here. I think the team can apply batting and bowling styles more suitably to licensed players, in the absence of not allowing us to change them ourselves. Even with the fast bowling options, too many australian and england bowlers have bowling style 1 - Utilize the amazing bowling actions that have been introduced in the game.

1 Like

So apparently having the stadiums not as an option to change in career is intentional, according to support.
That means itā€™s intentional to have 3 test matches at the same ground in India or Pakistan. Not sure the pitch would hold up that well if Iā€™m honest.
Also intentional to have SCG night test in November to open the series. :man_shrugging:

Im playing india in india and my set ground is the great barrier reef areana, surely iā€™ll be able to change that right?

1 Like

No this is intentional according to support team.

I raised a ticket to support. Having the option to change grounds is great, you can make the series so much more realistic. I hope they change it back

1 Like

Agreed, i did too. Would also like the ability to move the test matches to their appropriate dates like Boxing day on the 26th or day night to Adelaide and not Sydneyā€¦

1 Like

Human batter prods pull shot animation every time if we play and misses the ball, itā€™s very weird animation. Itā€™s was not there before recent patch. Please rectify this and frustrating.

@JNT_BA @RossSymons after 21st dec patch, FPS drops more. 19 Dec patch has smooth in gameplay. Please fix in upcoming patch.

@JNT_BA @RossSymons please add 2 unlicensed IPL teams CSK , RCB if you are not planned both licences in future. We shall update those teams from cricket academy. Make authentic ipl tournament mode.

@JNT_BA When was the last time SCG opened a test series in Australia? Apart from in cricket 24?

since the career is broken with the wrong venues being selected i decided to do a tour of india, first game fine, 2nd game of tour is at the scg and just like career mode its unable to be changed. is this going to be fixed, all we need is the option to change grounds in career and tour mode. (possibly a bug in all game modes im not sure)

1 Like

I sent a bug report and apparently its intentional and we werent suppose to be able to change stadiums previously.

if thats the case then its really bugged and needs to be looked at before the next patch. no point doing anythibg more than single matches atm.

1 Like

@JNT_BA

As a follow up, some minor adjustments and suggestions for the game:

The following bowler category could possibly change from Fast to Fast-medium, since their speeds in international cricket are between 135-145 kph.

Pat Cummins
Rabada
Shami
Shaheen Afridi
Bumrah

If you change pace bowler speed max to 60 - visually it still looks fast while playing but the speed gun would give a more accurate reading - Very few fast bowlers hit over 150kph consistently in world cricket.

Bowling action suggestions:

Mark Wood (Or change to Akhtarā€™s style)
Mohammad Shami
Chris Woakes (his own action or change to style 3 - He has a very classical action)
Jadeja
Nathan Lyon
Sunil Narine
Naseem Shah/Haris Rauf
Kemar Roach - Bowling style 3
Chahal

Batting Styles - Would be nice to get a few more batting style options

Joe Root - English style high pre-back lift style
Virat Kohli - Because itā€™s Virat Kohli
Babar Azam - Epitomizes Class
Andre Russell/Keiron Pollard - Basically a low back lift type style - good for T20ā€™s.

Legends

Lara
Tendulkar
Ponting

That aside - Once the team works on the minor fielding issues (slip and short leg dive too far for balls) there isnā€™t much you can really ask for from a cricket game, even slip catches fo to first slip now.

Oh can you slog sweep for six yet?

1 Like

Many thanks to BigAnt for thir continued efforts with Cricket 24. Unfortunately, I have encountered a major bug on PC that results in the game crashing back to the desktop every time stumpings are sent to the third umpire for review. The initial slow-motion replay of the stumping occurs as expected, but then the game hangs on the ā€˜Cricket 24ā€™ screen with a light blue and white paterned background used as a transition screen between replays and the third umpires decision. After a few seconds hanging on this screen, the game quits to the desktop, with no error messages or similar. This happens for me every time a stumping is referred, regardless of other settings or match situations. I note that this bug did not occur for me in previous versions/updates. I include my PC specs below, assuming they are more than sufficient to run the game:

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 2004 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 65450MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

@JNT_BA @RossSymons after dec 21st patch, game crashes and close automatically when downloading or replace team from academy.

Fps drops more. Screen tearing happening during gameplay.

Is there any update on Pakistani players patch? Is it cancelled or what!