Cricket 24 - Megathread

It will come out later. A lot of work goes into getting even a single player’s photogrammetry in the game, this is not an instant process.

2 Likes

@RossSymons @JNT_BA can we get this sort of injury animation in the game
PS: kindly ignore the reaction :joy:

1 Like

@JNT_BA

As promised, the more I play, ill keep the praises and suggestions coming. (Still playing test matches)

Worthy mentions:

1. I did see a slog sweep for six - Ben Duckett batting vs Ashwin (I was bowling) - Played using custom Bazball settings to replicate England’s aggresive approach to test cricket - Strikers timing -60, Shot force -60 and run rate -5.5

2. Players evading the throw in from close fielders - Very realistic

3. Batters going over the top against spinners - Iyer took on Leach with the field up with lofted drives over the top without advancing - Very impressive

4. Batters not running when the ball is sure to go into the boundary - Very Impressive.

5. Fielders not taking an additional step backward before throwing in the ball from the bounday - In Cricket 22, there were instances where that resulted in boundaries. (Minor adjustment, but huge in gameplay for me.)

6. Clip through midwicket/forward square leg - Batting style 7 is where i noticed it, could possibly be there for other styles, but the shot looks really good, flashes of asian top bats comes to mind from international cricket.

Suggesttions/minor tweaks

1. Players who opt to bat spin in their cap should also have on the cap at the non-striker end. (Basically for the entire over) instead of when they’re facing.

2. The ability to set the time of year you want when creating a tournament. It always defaults to Jan of the calendar year. I wanted to play my version of the WTC in England during the summer and couldn’t. Playing in January results in really cold temperatures and lighting issues.

3. Keeps still jumping forward to receive the ball when keeping to pacers.

4. High proportion of inside edges for four - especially when AI is facing the ball spinning or swinging away from the bat.

I’ll keep saying this however, very impressed with this game and i’ll keep the comments coming in hope that the team can make it even better, whereas everybody wins.

3 Likes

@JNT_BA @RossSymons suggestion for new features.

Show players with celebration at dugout area.

Show commentry box.

Add remaining 2 IPL teams. Make authentic Ipl mode

I want to put Glenn Maxwells attacking and special shot ability to 100, but can’t because of the all rounder skill restrictions.

@JNT_BA a couple of suggestions. Firstly it would be good to make injuries more prominent. I am playing a world test championship with all the teams. I have played over 15 test matches so far and there are no forced changes so far. Injuries would help the lineup selection to be more dynamic. It would also be good if form was a factor in selection as well during the general competition modes. Some form/confidence system would be good.

Also rain should be more common. During my world test championship I recall 1 test match had slight drizzle, but rain is yet to be a factor at all.

3 Likes

100% agree with you. I’ve been saying this for years with each iteration of this game. Injuries and forced lineup changes needs to be incorporated into the game. Form and confidence need to play more of a holistic factor rather than just being an in-game thing where your confidence is green after a handful of boundaries. It should really be something which moves game by game where players are rewarded for better performances and out of form rutts feel genuinely good to bat your way out of.

2 Likes

Few Ideas:

• Cutscene where batsmen takes guard and it shows his/her stats.
  • Umpire Mode, where we have the ability to make decisions that umpires make.
  • Reduce the amount of days between the start of career mode and the first match. It is like 200 days even through the guys says that the match is tomorrow.
  • Cutscenes showing the stadium.
  • Commentators talking about stats, player form, records, etc. in between overs or each ball. This would be good for ODI’s, and Tests. It could also zoom in on the player while their talking if the ball is dead.
  • Making the batting actions better and more realistic. It looks robotic and weird. This could be fixed by trigger movements.
  • Auction Mode, do I even need to explain why?
  • More Score HUD’s, like the ones being used now in the PAK vs AUS test series, or the one in the IND vs AUS T20 series.
    -Crowd being more biased to the home team. The crowd cheers equally for both teams, however this is not realistic and it would be fun to see the crowd silenced after taking a wicket. It should be heavily biased in international matches, but should be less biased in domestic matches.
  • Adding cameras, like the flying fox or spider(idk what its called). Not just the camera angle. It could be visible when fielding or batting.
  • More crowd involvement, players could leave if your team is losing and your the home team. They could climb up the stairs to get food or something like that.

The game is already great but adding these details could make it exceptional. However, I recognize that the developers have put a lot of work into this game.

4 Likes

Agreed you guys have already done a great job but can you also add sledging

1 Like

@JNT_BA @RossSymons please increase boundary rope distance of all Indian stadiums.

3 Likes

I think that people compare the cricket franchise to that of NBA2K or Madden which sets expectations so high. Those companies cater to millions whereas Big Ant caters to thousands. Givin the budget allowed by consumers these cricket games are great in my eyes. Ive been a long time player and for years i have been continually Impressed and excited for the next release. Thanks for all of your efforts guys!

2 Likes

Cricket is the second most followed game after football owing to the fact that it is the most followed game in India…with console market expanding in India, cricket has a huge scope for expansion. Currently gamers in India mostly opt for mobile gaming however the scenario is changing steadily…we as gamers are never demanding games with quality at par with games like fifa…but can’t we expect features that were introduced in those games a decade ago…such as basic jersey and hair physics,better collusion detection, emotional intelligence etc…

1 Like

Nah its a good thing to request changes and share opinions. I just have felt talking with people that the bar is set so high and some of the requests maybe a game or two away. If the market opens up more in india like you say, that would be fantastic!

3 Likes

Is it me or jersey don’t get dirty after diving as it used to be in cricket 19?

@JNT_BA

If i got an offer for the england county cup but I accidently picked a team that I didnt want to play for, is it possible to change?

Please add these bowling actions specially Naseem Shah and Haris Rauf :pray:t3: @JNT_BA

@RossSymons @JNT_BA It has been a retirement season going on in Cricket currently where the Legends of International cricket and Stars of Domestic Leagues announced their retirement - David Warner from Test and ODIs, Aaron Finch and Shaun Marsh from BBL, Meg Lanning from International Cricket and many more to name. The cricketing fraternity celebrated their careers and poured massive respect around the social media. A cricketer has a choice of and when and where to retire from a particular format or from a team. I request you guys to allow users to choose retirement from a particular format or leagues and allow them to play their last game and receive a grand farewell like Guard of honour if their stats and contributions are enormous to earn this respect in the game. This would add a perfect end to the career mode which has been missing since Cricket 19, 22 and now Cricket 24. The massive developments from your side behind these games can’t be ignored but the above things would really make the career mode more interesting - Choose Retirement in a particular format, league.

In career Mode, The game automatically changes the shirt name to surname even after you change it manually and keep it anything else. I have been facing this issue everytime. I raised this issue on tickets as well. It would be good if you solve this bug error and allow the users to edit the shirt name throughout the career as many times as they like as we have seen in real life players do keep changing their shirt name and jersey numbers throughout the career.

@JNT_BA @RossSymons
Some important suggestions relating to Indian T20 League -
There are just 8 teams currently instead of 10 in the India T20 League. Request you to add the old unlicensed teams in the Indian T20 League so that users can yet again enjoy the 10 team tournament.

All the Indian players of Lucknow Super Giants Players are made dark skin. Request you to change the skin tone of the players who are not dark skin like KL Rahul, Ravi Bishnoi.

@RossSymons @JNT_BA - Will the Rawalpindi stadium also be added to the game? If so will this be in a upcoming patch? Also wanted to ask will the New Zealand team get an update as the T20 Kit is from 2022 and not the latest kit they are wearing currently? Hope this can be patched in and also will there be any NZL stadiums be added to the game?

1 Like