Cricket 24 - Megathread

@JNT_BA - absolutely love the new iteration of the game. So much more immersive than previous titles and just looks and feels so much more authentic!

Just a couple thoughts on the game in its current state as a solely career mode player and changes that would be good to see (without any knowledge of upcoming patches or road maps so feel free to correct me if it’s upcoming). For reference, I have 1000 hours on C22 and now 50 hours on C24:

1. Couple issues still remain in the fielding department. I’ve attached a where fielders/WK are merging through my batsman when collecting the ball in close as well as players and WK coming short to collect balls thrown in from the boundary rather than just standing behind the stumps for the ball to come in.

1a. Fielders are still regularly diving on the floor to field balls even if the ball is hit straight at them.

1. When I appeal for an LBW and the batsman is being given out, my bowler doesn’t appeal with the rest of the team, he just fields the ball and then it cuts to the umpire putting his finger up (issue was in C22 also).

2. When creating a stadium, there is no options to decide on the default pitch type. All custom stadiums are dry hard wickets. Would be great to get options to adjust this (I’m from the UK and county pitches are rarely roads like this unless they are Test grounds).

3. Stump physics have changed but now the stumps rarely come out the ground as they would in real life. They just hop out the hole and i’m bowling 90mph. I don’t want the infinitely cartwheeling stumps of C22 but this seems too far the other way. Would be good to see different physics depending on where the ball hits the stumps and the speed of the bowler.

4. Would be good to get customisable camera angles (a bit like FIFA) where I can set the zoom and height and angle myself.

5a. When I’m bowling in career mode and only controlling my player, the camera post-delivery is always that pro mode camera. Would be great to allow broadcasting camera’s even in career to make it look more like a broadcast, even if i’m only controlling one player.

1. Would be good to have more/updated custom kit patterns.

2. Issue when I’m batting and the AI field changes literally ball to ball. Would be awesome to see the AI set a field and bowl to the field changing plans as a batsman gets more set. C22 issue also.

3. Using arcade controls for batting, grounded shots and unorthodox shots show as LB/RB on toggle. Would be easier to use if this was a hold function. So if i wanted to play a sweep shot, i would just hold RB and then time. The toggle function doesn’t work for me half the time.

4. When i’m batting, it regularly shows that my footwork is bad or poor when the delivery clearly requires a front foot shot, even if i play a front foot shot.

5. Commentary is still really janky for what’s happening in the game. Especially when Adam Gilchrist is on comms. His comms are by far the worse for misrepresenting what’s happening in the game.

6. When bowling in career mode, especially on higher difficulties, it can be nearly impossible to take wickets even if my bowling is ideal across the board and the areas i’m bowling are immaculate. I’ve done what I can with sliders (wicket chance is 100), but my strike rate in first class cricket is still between 50-60.

That’s all I’ve got for now! Would be great to see a roadmap for updates and what to look forward too

2 Likes

Is there a chance we could get a setting to adjust the boundary length for women’s games? I’m really enjoying playing career with the only annoyance being the really short boundaries that basically make it really rare to run two let alone three.

1 Like

I agree with you brother. @JNT_BA @RossSymons the boundaries in Women’s Cricket in game are too small. They don’t even seem to be 50 metres. The standard
As soon as the ball clears the 25 yard inner circle the distance from the inner circle to the boundary line does not even seem to be 25 yards.
In women’s cricket, the boundaries must be between 55 and 70 yards (50.29 and 64.01 m) from the pitch as per the icc pdf of playing rules

Which to be fair is realistic…in general, the boundary ropes are in much closer in the women’s game and you don’t often see very many 2-3s run anyway. Usually either singles or boundaries.

@Tstannard bro he’s talking about the game. The boundary ropes are not according to the ICC playing rules. You don’t see 3s often but you get to see doubles. But the problem is not with 2s and 3s but with the boundary rope being too short

1 Like

I know it’s realistic, that’s why I was hoping for a setting option to adjust it if wanted. So if someone wished for the regular boundaries that’s by default but if the wanted it to be the same length at the mens or somewhere in between they can change it.

1 Like

Hey lads what’s the update about the next patch

Hi, I am playing the game on PS4 with the arcade controls and when batting i will go for a forward defensive and the bat will go towards mid wicket in a glitch and I will be bowled. Is this something other people are experiencing. It is completely ruining the game for me. Could someone please tell me if it is just me or whether it is being fixed

2 Likes

I see the same issue. playing back foot defence works in such cases but yeah, its annoying

I think the games is evolving by itself seriously

Definitely experiencing the sam especially against spin. The off spinner will bowl outside off turning back in to the stumps and the batter will defend towards mid wicket. its super frustrating

1 Like

Hi Guys

I haven’t posted in a while, I thought it best to give the game a gap with all the updates and patches and I have been playing it as is for a while. Firstly I would like to congratulate the team at big ant for awesome licensed players they look amazing so great job on that. As a player of the series of cricket games by big ant I would like to raise my opinion on a few improvements that will make the game better for me as a whole and more enjoyable. Im sure not everyone will agree but its just my opinion.

1. Even though the licensed players look awesome, there still needs to be some level of customisation allowed for the accuracy of the real life versions of the players. Firstly my greatest issue with the licensed players are the basketball type shoes they have. It’s really deterring playing with Licensed players that look like they just walked out to bat in a village game with black and red shoes. If you won’t allow us to customise their shoes at least make them all white. Secondly if we can customise the bats surely we can customise pads and gloves, armguards as well. As an example Josh Inglis looks like he is batting with his mothers tiny garden gloves its really off-putting. Then there are minor things like Steve smith bats with an armguard which is not in the game, if I recall correctly neither does Travis Head. Thirdly, The licensed bats are awesome but surely you should have a choice of what colour grip you want on your bat just like in real life.

2. I don’t know if this is still in the pipeline but some new batting styles would be a great addition to the game. I love playing test matches and especially in long innings it does become a bit boring with the same batting styles we have pretty much had since cricket 19. Just as an idea for future it would be pretty cool if you can design your own batting style. For instance I love the on drive of style 2 and the leg side play and initial stance of style 6 with the hook and pull of styles 1 - 5. The off drive of style 7 is very cool. So in essence what I mean is build your own batting style by combing some of the best attributes of whichever style you like for a specific shot so your player is completely batting as for the specific input that you chose in customisation. There are good and bad things about every style and I find myself switching between different styles all the time until I’ve had enough and then try a different style for a while. This leans towards me trying to target different areas depending on what batting style I’m using and what shot types I like in that style and this becomes a drag after a while. If you had your player playing all the shots that you like it would be awesome.

That’s pretty much what I can say from my side but all in all I love all the strides the game is making towards a realistic experience for all of us and some of the things might seem minor but it would be amazing to have these things to enhance the game to a more enjoyable experience than it already is.

Thanks for the forum and letting us raise our thoughts and opinions on your creations.

1 Like

Anybody else interested in a better first person camera for batting? It was decent in DB14 but hasn’t been the same since.

Hi, an idea to fix the commentary in future games would be to use artificial intelligence integration. This way we always get fresh new commentary for every scenario in the game and the game will feel new every time! @RossSymons

1 Like

Not sure if anyone posted about this before , but would be great if we are allowed to customize the facial hair and hairstyles on the licensed players. This way we can always keep them updated to their real life likenesses and changes in hairstyles.

Also an option in community creations should be added that allows us to only download KITS instead of downloading a whole team.

@RossSymons

Hey Big Ant Studios, I waana say that it has been disappointing that after almost 6 months of release of game, we haven’t got PSL updated, the kits are not made, Ross even said that they will come to Pakistan during PSL which they didnt, this isnt good that despite having thousands of players in Pakistan they are not taking steps and the photogrammetry is one of the issue, I request to atleast make Pakistan players which were part of PSL, this will bring us joy by playing with real players as of test squad which travelled to Australia. Another major thing is that we have four international stadiums in Pakistan

1. Gaddafi Stadium Lahore
  2. National Stadium Katachi
  3. Multan Cricket Stadium
  4. Pindi Cricket Stadium
    But Pindi stadium is not liscensed
    Another problem is with the shirt numbers of Test squad they are incorrect for many players, as well as some players have incorrect bowling styles like Saim Ayub is mentioned as medium pacer but he is an off spinner, same is the case for Saud Shakeel. I hope you will take these points in notice and will try to make game as best as possible.
    Thanks
    @RossSymons
1 Like

Hopefully after this visit to India CSK RCB and IPL would be licensed along with hindi commentary and option to change between Hindi and English and IPL rules like Impact Player and two bouncer per over and smart review.THANKS.@RossSymons

1 Like

Impact Player/Substitution is a must need feature.

At least Pakistan has licensed stadiums in the game, New Zealand is yet to have even one stadium licensed in the game. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Some suggestions and issues with Competitions in Cricket 24

1. The NRR Calculation for tournaments/Competitions is wrong. You need to rectify it as per laws of the game. Many things are wrong about it. e.g. A winning team can get negative NRR and the losing team gets positive NRR which is totally wrong. Hope so you figure out this issue and solve it in the future updates.
  2. There is no option of adding playoffs to custom competitions in Competition designer as of now for Cricket 24 when the biggest leagues of World Like IPL, BBL any many more franchise tournaments use Playoffs as knockouts. Hope you guys give extra option of adding Playoffs as well besides Semi Final in competition designer for Cricket 24. The Knockouts of Semi Finals are only used in Internationals. I have been raising this issue since Cricket 22. Hope so you add this in upcoming patches as playoffs are must in this great game
  3. Extra Data like Tournament Total Sixes and Fours should be added in Cricket 24 for competitions / tournaments. There should be a counting meter for counting tournament sixes and fours while each six and four gets hit in that particular tournament just like ICC Events and Franchise tournaments. That will add more excitement to the game. Further the fours and sixes hit by each player should also be displayed on the scorecard or should be given a separate scorecard four boundaries. The data can be copied from stats recorded. Hope you bring this thing in the Cricket 24.
  4. There should be an option in the ongoing series/Tournaments/Competitions to edit the team squads. The problem arises when some player gets injured and there’s no proper replacement in the squad. You cannot add players in the squad of on going series/Tournaments/Competitions.
    Hope so these things get added in future updates of Cricket 24 which will make this game more fun and exciting to play.

I have raised tickets for all these suggestions and issues as well @RossSymons @JNT_BA

1 Like