Cricket 24 - Megathread

This time, they plan to release the trailer on the perfect occasion, avoiding the last-day pattern. They consider this game more than just a cricket game; it’s an event in itself. Therefore, my guess is they’ll time the trailer release around the ICC Cricket World Cup official trailer to make a significant impact.

1 Like

Small details required for a polished and finished product are completely lacking in cricket 22…not only there is absence of jersey,hair and boundary flaps physics but small details like crease lines getting detoriated during the course of the game seems missing…there is an unusual sharpness and significant lack of textures…BA has to go for photorealism in cricket 24

1 Like

Can BigAntStudios Achive this kind of quality for upcoming licenced player’s or even better than this @JNT_BA & @RossSymons

8 Likes

There will be more better and beautiful graphics we will be seeing for sure.

3 Likes

These are incredible, where are these from?

Grass length and overall look of grass blades needs an upgrade…here are two pictures which would further illustrate the problem…grass blades look exactly the same since ashes 17, length of grass on cricket outfield is maximum 18 mm whereas in game it appears to be over 2 inches, grass strands pop out from players shoes and even toss coin… textures wise grass strands look very primitive…I hope the art team is actively working on improving these aspects

2 Likes

How many batting Shots animations will be their in cricket 24 @JNT_BA

1 Like

While watching the EA FC 24 deep dive trailer, I couldn’t help but wonder if the captivating “play style” showcased could be integrated into Cricket 24 as well. It would be intriguing to see all the players equipped with their own distinct special abilities that can be honed and upgraded throughout the game. Additionally, the hypermotion v technology, holds the potential to bring to life the unique traits of each player on the virtual field similar to what Devs talked about in the interviews running upto cricket 22.

As for the striking visuals of the grass blades depicted in the trailer, I have attached a picture for reference. While it may be unrealistic to expect an identical level of quality in Cricket 24, but considering the game’s development for new generation consoles, it would be delightful to experience something comparable in terms of attention to detail and immersive graphics.

3 Likes

No Reply @JNT_BA on the above post about batting shots animations and will we see these HUD as they are in this picture in cricket 24
And in
3 Picture Can you add the same title screen when a match starts

3 Likes
  1. Introduce 2 options for a rain reduced match. One which is reduced from the start and gives a revised playing conditions. Secondly, a reduced match after some overs have been already bowled and as per Duckworth Louis method calculations playing conditions.
2 Likes

I was watching a video of cricket 2002 and observed that few small animations of batsman looking around just before he takes stance and even after he starts to stroke his bat makes the overall experience quite realistic…similar animations like adjusting helmet and gloves can also be added in upcoming iteration…

3 Likes

Artificial intelligence and emotional intelligence:

The coding team and the teem managing the animations need to collaborate closely to deliver a seamless cricketing experience. While the coding team focuses on enhancing the AI to handle specific in-game situations, the animation team will be responsible for recording animations that align with these scenarios, involving both the players and the crowd.

The objective is to ensure that all players appear to be fully immersed in the game’s situation, and this can be easily achieved with the help of the artificial intelligence, which possesses knowledge about the ongoing game state, even in Cricket 22. The developers only need to create animations that reflect such situations. For instance, players should exhibit expressions of elation when on the verge of victory, or refrain from celebrating even after scoring a century when the team is facing defeat, to make the game experience more realistic and engaging.

By working collaboratively and focusing on these aspects, the teams can deliver a captivating cricketing experience, where the in-game characters react naturally to the changing situations, enhancing the overall gameplay for the users. @JNT_BA @RossSymons

2 Likes

i think there should be options to customize the scoreboards or maybe big ant could do what ea does for fifa / ea fc and have the official scoreboards for every intl series or domestic leagues, i know that they have got new licenses too for example pcb and psl and a few ipl teams so why not get the same scorecards as them

2 Likes

Pls include the below design scorecard also or custom scorecard UI

And pls don’t include that big pitch marker while bowling instead you can include the same cricket ball to display on the pitch or make it an option to choose either big circle or original cricket ball

3 Likes

@JNT_BA
The skills section of players shall include dedicated sliders for the ability to play spin and swing. These skills will be incorporated into the licensed teams and also be reflected in game simulations, aligning with the real-life abilities of players from these teams. For instance, players from SENA countries might find it challenging to play spin in subcontinent conditions, whereas players from the subcontinent might struggle with facing swing in SENA countries. When auto-simulating a game, the resulting score will take into account the prevailing conditions and the aforementioned abilities of the players. Additionally, other abilities, such as the capacity to handle short deliveries etc. may also be introduced.

4 Likes

Attention should be directed towards the animation transition of the fielders. For instance, at slip, the fielders assume their usual stance; however, once the ball is bowled and even if it edges the bat and comes towards them, they tend to stand still for a moment (after their original stance) before the catching animation kicks in. There is a need for a variety of similar animations to be implemented at different fielding positions. This applies not only while fielding but also while batting. Please find attached pics for reference. The first pic is of the usual stance , then the lacking transition animation when the fielder stands like a statue and then when the catching animation starts. @JNT_BA

4 Likes

Firstly I feel like Keyboard controls need to be refined because they felt awkward to use it in Cricket 22 which makes me think that they were implemented at the last minute. It was silly to hold down the Keys in the direction in which you want to play a stroke when we could instead move the highlight led cursor into position which would make it possible to accurately place shots through gaps.

Secondly, I feel like the ball physics were clunky in Cricket 22 and even after using sliders it didn’t feel right. I hope Big Ant fixes this and makes it more akin to Ashes Cricket 17 which had the best ball physics. Fielding has historically always had many issues in all of the Cricket games I’ve played but it seemed like Cricket 22 had the most buggy fielding in the entire series so far. I’ve seen the ball hit the fielders head and fall to the ground and the fielder just picking it up and throwing it back like nothing happened.

Hopefully all of these are sorted with Cricket 24 and we see a good game. :+1:

2 Likes

Some more necessary Cosmetic Changes:

1. Hair, Jersey,Boundary Flaps physics
    *Apart from hair physics, hairline area and under eye area needs to be taken care of as these look very bad in AFL 23

2. Player physique (true to their real life counterparts)

3. Better and realistic looking cricket bats

4. Sweat on face

5. overall texture and colour palette package overhaul to make the game look more photorealistic

6. Option to wear thighpads

7. dust popping from the pitch and marks on the outfield due to diving

8. Better shadows

@JNT_BA

5 Likes

Overall look and feel of cricket 22 and AFL 23 is closer to fifa 16, however with an upgraded engine everything changed for fifa games visually…attached are the pics for comparison between fifa 16 and 17…the blur effect, flood light effects or individual grass blade visuals of fifa 17 need to be implemented in cricket 24…being built on an engine made by BA itself, the Devs need to bring in these effects in the engine for cricket 24…
Extra focus should be on the following (using post-processing tricks):
1)volumetric light effects
2)Depth of field (mimicking a real camera’s focal range)
3)bloom
4)motion blur
images (17) @JNT_BA @RossSymons

3 Likes

Dream Cricket 2024 - It’s a game on Mobile. The Dream developers did an Outstanding job on this game, especially considering it a mobile game. I hope they develop game for consoles as well.

1 Like