TIEBREAK EA - Megathread

Rybakina will be added soon Ross said.

Please take my request admin

My conclusion is as follows: it is everyone who must be able to choose. @JNT_BA @RossSymons

Based on what has already been done on AO tennis 2, by using sliders (sliders in different settings)
, we could get the ultimate tennis game in terms of simulating gaming pleasures.

Here are the sliders that we should have to be able to set up.

On ball physics:

Max ball speed of the lift shots
Max ball speed of flat shots
Max ball speed of slices shots
speed of acceleration
Speed to flat serve Max
Speed on lift serve Max
Speed on slice serve Max
Bounce height of the flat shots
Bounce height of the lift shots
Bounce height of the slice shots
height above the net of flat shots
height above the net of lift shots
height above the net of slices shots
sensibility and player movement speed 

AI Challenges:

percentage of fault in the long jump
Foul percentage in the net
Defensive foul percentage
percentage of balls near the lines
Max Hit Percentage
acceleration percentage
Percentage of aggression and going to the net
Percentage of double faults

That’s it, the rest will concern the absent and too generic animations.
I am counting on you to support this claim, which I hope will please everyone.

4 Likes

are you sure @RossSymons said that ?

if true, its very good news if they continue to work on game after release.

we need absolutly a true Expert mode with real challenge. if they can’t, so we need sliders for that.

1 Like

U forgot 2 very important ones: aiming sensibility and player movement speed like there was in ao2

1 Like

I am agree, i add this

In career mode, the game often stuck when finish the match and all the progress are gone. This is so annoying. Pls fix. Thxs

Hi @JNT_BA , @RossSymons

I can’t connect without internet on the steamdeck… It indicates: “Unable to communicate with the Big Ant server. Please check your internet connection and try again”

What is the purpose to have the game on my steamdeck if I can’t use it everywhere ?

Could you please confirm it will be possible to play the game without connection? For online I understand, but for the career…

Cheers

1 Like

same, i can’t play the game without internet. we stay on home menu.

normaly they said we can play OFFLINE mode without internet connect. i don’t know if the pc version and console are same.

in console i think they can play Offline. so Steam version have a problém.

As somebody with approximately 1000 hours on AO tennis 2, just wanted to add some thoughts. I highly anticipated this launch, and I am really enjoying it so far. Lots of nice changes such as the venues, graphics and gameplay features. Nice to see a second serve feature and also the fact that the AI recognises if you keep serving in a specific spot.

Initially I found the new movement mechanics tough, but getting used to this after 10 hours of gameplay. I think the movement/ shot timing on AO2 was more logical though I might not think this once I am fully used to the new mechanics on tiebreak. The new shot preparation and lunging is definitely more tricky to get used to in my case.

Some more generic thoughts - perhaps for some of the more famous players (big 3), their infamous celebrations could be included. Federer’s fist shake, Nadals run and fist pump etc could make the famous characters feel more alive when the generic celebrations can look out of place. It would also be nice to have more outfits for these players, which could be included in a separate DLC (at a later stage).

Regarding gameplay, it would be nice to have % won on first and second serve on the match summary section as this is a stat which is on most ATP matches and is cool from a stategy perspective.

The game feels like it’s playing much quicker than AO2, so if the ball and court speed sliders of AO2 could be reintroduced that would be helpful, and a slower option may help new players become adjusted to the controls.

I know with hawkeye live there is no need for challenges, but it would be cool if both triggers could let you review the mark on court like several real life touraments allow. Essentially a challenge but with no impact on the score.

I haven’t checked for this feature yet, but it would be good if we could adjust the skillset for each of the star players as on AO2 I had to drasticly reduce the player’s stats for career mode even in Grand Slam difficulty once I was a few hundred hours in to keep things competative and to avoid 6-0 6-0 matches. I am assuming you can still do this on Tiebreak, as you could on AO2 but I have not checked yet.

As someone who tried TopSpin 2k25 and was horrified at the lack of players and rubbish career mode this game has a great potential and I’m really enjoying it so far. Best tennis game to date already! Keep up the work BA.

Been playing on PS5 with all the patches and actually really enjoying the game. the L2 R2 combo to set up shots and to sprint does take some getting used to but i actually like the setup. Played my first match on hard with FED vs Tsonga on Wimbledon and my god some of the rallies and winners are really satisfying. Federer’s character looks and feels great to play with

One odd thing is that when you change serve types your opponent also moves position, which i find a abit weird and hope they patch it out.

Got destroyed playing on hard but yeah good start.

Mmmm, I was looking at that this morning actually.

2 Likes

tried to slice serve my way out of trouble and the player moves positions and renders it slightly less effective…i blame that for my 1-6 first set score…

It’s ok. This is the same as it is in Full Ace tennis but there this move happens during all serve type. I asked fot that in one of the previous topic here. It prevens stupid repeated aces.

stanimal ripping backhands down the line is also very pleasing…even though it was against me

Hi Big Ants team.

First, I want to say thank you for all your work. The game feels better patch after patch.
I know you made your best for making a great game, so thanks you again.

I have now more than 285 hours on Tiebreak so I can post a list of improvements to have the best experience.

1/ Logos didn’t appear on Grand Chelem venues : yours and the community ones since two patches : Can you fix this?

2/ AI could be even better : more aggressiv and more net play. Create a Legend level for hardcore gamers will be a nice addition

3/ In your commercial, you said than Nadal didn’t play like Federer or Djokovic. We have signature mouvs but not Player ID strategy. All players has the same stylein term of strategy. No netplayers like Federer. I will be important to add that.

4/ We didn’t feel the importance of the stats. Many videos show a 43 gen player who plays like a 90 gen. It’s not realistic

5/ Many crashes appear in some modes : Djokovic challenge and career. The save didn’t work and you have to restart thé game. Very annoying.

6/ PS5 version has footsteps on clay but Xbox Series X and PC didn’t have this. Why?

7/Federer forehand is not good. He Always jump before hit the ball in the game. The animation is ugly. Can you change this?

8/ On Djokovic challenge, we can’t change the difficulty. Challenge on very easy and easy are boring because AI didn’t mouv AT all. Please fixed it.

9/Nadal prime has not enough differents clothes and I would like Nadal Prime with long hair.

10/ I didn’t win XP on career mode after a winning? Why?

11/ On career mode, After winning two tournament After starting it, I reached rank 82, it’s not realist at all. The progression should be more slow.

12/ You have added ballboys, thanks, but we are the judgelines? The venues look very empty, a without logos, it’s worth!!

13/ You have said that the challenge will be in the game but for now it’s not. It’s a very good option I love to used on AO tennis 2 et TWT 2.

14/ Sometimes, when I served there is no sound. Can you fixed it?

15/ On exhibition mode, there is no option to restart the same game. You have to go to the menu. Can you add a restart option please ?

16/ Can you add sliders to the game? Speed , ball bounce and mouv like AO tennis 2 will be perfect.
AI aggressivity and net aggression too please.

17/ Stamina didn’t work. I can play long rallies but at the start of the new point, my stamina is full . Can you fixed it?

18/The net physic feels script. Can you add more natural physics too it?

19/ Serv speed didn’t reflec the real speed feeling of the ball. It always the same value, it’s not realistic. Serv should have more impact, more power.

20/ Volley and smash sometimes, the ball physics feels to floaty, no weight. Can’t you fixed it?

21/ Some players like Sabalenka, Alcaraz should be update. Their faces could be better. Del Potro and Sharapova too.

22/Add more signature moves please!

23/On exhibition and tournament mode, all venues should be there. Only 500 and 1000 now. Please fixed it very soon

24/ On pc, the game is locked when we are offline. It was a promesse to be free, not like Top Spin 2K25 and its connected career mode. I didn’t try on consoles yet.

That all for now. The list is huge but this game has the potential to be the best. I have somuch fun but if you patch all these points, the gameplay will be very solid. I love TieBreak so I will update my comments when I could. You go to the right direction. Take care, no crush!

10 Likes

God, almost every piece of advice is what I want to say, and I really recommend that developers take a good look at what you said!

1 Like

@Fifa-man agree 100% with all points.

I hope Developpers read that and work on that point per point.

We are patient, take all your time you need to fix that. The game is here for years, so we are patient.

We juste want a great tennis game and Tiebreak can be that.

2 Likes

Great feedback mate, I 100% agree with you

2 Likes

for me, the most annoying thing is this teleportation effect. When you’re far (but not too far) from the ball, the player has a kind of (ugly) animation and manages to hit the ball when he shouldn’t be able to.

… and the clay/ligth, which is really ugly.

4 Likes

@JNT_BA

Agree with mostly everything. I also think they should reduce animation lock distance slightly to stop it auto pulling you to the ball when several feet away. To be honest, with the latest update it doesn’t feel quite as bad as it did. Possibly tweak it so it doesnt look so abrupt and snappy, especially when changing directions. Maybe more inertia needs to be applied to it or more nuanced split step animations.

Possibly also reduce the gameplay speed ever so slightly.

Agree with Federer. When he is hitting his main forehand in the game he is lifting his one leg up every time. He only really did this in real life when coming in to short balls and top spinning them over the net for a winner. He hits his base forehand in real life with both feet planted on the ground.

I think they also need to tweak young Federer model as his hair doesnt seem correct and face doesnt quite look right. Please add 2005 Federer with his US Open kit.

Please also improve general slice animations when the ball is not right next to the player. When hitting a slice when the ball is a few feet away they should probably just do a lunge slice by stretching out their arms with both feet planted on the ground. They currently do a little side hop/jump into some of the forehand and backhand slices which doesnt look right.

Regarding clay marks on Xbox. I definitely have these. Definitely ball marks and pretty sure feet marks as I could see the sliding marks unless PS5 has something different?

2 Likes