TIEBREAK EA - Megathread

When will the sound dropouts be fixed surely the devs know,can someone bring this to their attention

2 Likes

@JNT_BA
Hello here my feedback of the game with the last update .
I think we have all the same request. So can you improve them or add sliders for all of that ?

AI

• The big problem with AI is that there is no game strategy. In general, the game focuses on the backhand before opening the game on the forehand. On the other hand, you should not exaggerate the thing so that it is only backhand exchanges

• The AI ​​uses too many short cross-court shots. Our players are too often on the sides to play these balls

• The AI ​​also plays too often on the outside lines. There may be some but not on all shots

Service

• It is still too easy to put more than 90% of first serve with the risky serve. You must reduce the window in which we must release the button to succeed with our risky serves.

• In some matches, center serves too often give aces

• When serving on the outside, after the return, it is too easy to score the point by returning the ball to the right side

Volleys

• They must be more decisive

• The player must no longer volley with the animations of the forehand and backhand. When making a volley, you must not prepare the gesture like a normal shot

Speed

• The speed of the ball is good. For me, the speed of movement of the players must be slightly reduced. Or add a slider to change this speed of movement

Striking

• The flat shot must become as easy to execute as the topspin. A little topspin must be added to these flat shots and allow them to pass over the net

• The maximum power on these shots must also be limited. When you load the shots too much, they go too fast

2 Likes

If flat shot become as easy as topspins then whats the point of using topspins? It would lead the same problem as topspin2k and everybody spamming power flat shots

2 Likes

In terms of hitting the ball, Topspin2K is much better, and its control ball is as powerful as a flat shot.

Im not talking about ball physics or the power of shots here, what im saying is dumbing down the gameplay and making every shot easier to hit is not the solution, it would only lead to more cross court spamming and zig-zag aiming the whole match, is it that hard to understand? Removing all complexicity in the gameplay only makes it boring and every match feel the same

Like I said the only solution to please most people is to add gameplay sliders because everyone has their preferences that should be their priority

2 Likes

Please fix so the logo’s download with the community venue’s what we download.Also Playface textures don’t download when you download a created player from the community on Xbox.

@JNT_BA so I’ve been playing a lot recently on the PS5. Still really enjoying it atm. Lots of satisfying rallies. One thing i do hope you guys adjust is increasing a players ability to change lateral direction better.

In rallies where I’m on the defensive, I feel the player is somewhat stuck in the mud a bit when using the L2 and R2 to scramble (Took a while to get used to but loving it actually) left to right and vice versa.

This also affects returning serve too, where sometimes you initially choose the wrong direction and there is no ability for the player to quickly adjust which direction they are going. This could be just a increase in responsiveness for the controls.

The speed of the game is great, weight of the shots are nice but yeah player movement responsiveness may need to be increase.

1 Like

Do u mostly play offline or online mode?

I think the flat shots are perfect now. I do not want to see this changed. They are a little harder to hit than topspin shots but they should be. We don’t want a situation where you can spam the flat shot. The balance is just right at the moment. It’s the auto lock/teleporting that needs reducing

3 Likes

When we see the matches on television, it is the opposite between the speed of the game. That is to say that the service is much too slow in the game we must increase much more, and conversely reduce the speed of baseline shots, because that’s the solution. I assure you to check for yourself, no 1st serve in the game is decisive and should make aces more often, especially at 220 kilometers per hour. And even there. Second serve ball is much too slow and doesn’t bounce high enough to push the receiver back. On clay all the professionals move back several meters in the game, it’s much too weak

It only really looks fast enough when you are serving 145 mph bombs with Shelton.

1 Like

Yes
and strikes are to speed in games, you must slowly the speed of ball and increase up high rebond

Take the time to build the point with rounded balls and slices that slow down the point. The game values ​​missiles very easily, the strikes are extremely powerful and the winning shots arrive after a strike or two. It’s impossible to make strategies, the players are all capable of hitting the ball very hard and without making a mistake, the characteristics are of no importance. You need to slow the ball down a lot and allow for higher bounces that make it go back more.

Whereas The speed is slower when serving than when hitting shots whereas it is normally the opposite. You do not favor the server but only the powerful wall hit from the baseline. It’s illogical and ruins all the fun of the game. Use sliders to configure the speeds, I beg you, there are a lot of people asking for it

So early on when playing I was having issues returning serve and losing as a result, as I would use the joystick and triggers to guess left or right. If I guess the wrong side my player would be stuck as the lateral change of direction is quite harsh if you initially choose the wrong side.

The ace count for my opponent would be in the 20s per match.

Recently I’ve stopped using the joystick to guess which side and started to just press circle (topspin) right after my opponent would hit his serve and when charging up my shot I would then use the joystick to aim my shot. My player always reaches the ball now.

After discovering this I’m basically returning every shot and breaking my opponent more often than not.

Is this an intended game mechanic or did I discover a hack to returning serve?

One other thing I’ve found and I think really should be patched up is the opponent switching positions depending on what type of serve.

One trick to get myself out of a pickle is when serving on the right, I would move my player as center as possible and hit a slice serve towards the middle 9/10 times that is a ace as the opposing player has move so far out that the center is wide open.

One final thing that will need improving is that when serving on the left and hitting a flat serve out wide the return always opens up a forehand cross court. The cpu really needs to figure out ways around that, as that is another way to get myself out of a jam.

1 Like

Ur post may sums up exactly why some parts of the gameplay has regressed, a very vocal but minor part of players played the game for a couple days didnt get the game mechanics then quickly post something complaining about the gameplay then the devs see it, dumb down the mechanics bc of them, then they play a little more then realize its too easy and unrealiastic when they got the mechanics but devs already made some change so now even more people are complaining bc its worse and very basic

This reply is not towards u specifically andy, its just a great example of other players who are quick to ask for changes but have not test the game deeply enough. At least U were smart enough to continue testing and realize its not hard at all actually its the opposite…

@JNT_BA @RossSymons

1 Like

Had a nice back and forth match against Dimitrov, saved a few match points and broke back at 5:6 only to get broken again.

2 Likes

I figured out this way of serve returning back in EA4. And you are exactly correct. Its an example of a much broader issue where a vocal group of what i can only assume are fairly casual players for whatever reason are not willing to put in any time to actually figure mechanics out and see if they can find new approaches to doing things.

They would rather complain until the game gets changed and then of course the same players then say its too easy now.

Its exactly why im so disappointed they dumbed down serving as I struggled initially but was having no problems getting first serves in despite seeing numerous posts complaining. Now we have a worse mechanic in the game that will very likely stay as is now.

Devs need to be a lot more steadfast in their own vision. Of course like general difficulty. if there is a genuine issue then take feedback on board. But they simply cannot continue this back and fourth dumbing things down constantly or the game will never get off the ground.

They should have stuck to their vision back in early access 4 and onwards where the game felt like it was going for a more sim like experience.

There are more than enough options out there already for ultra casuals.

3 Likes

ok so can u do more then 1 season now ?

a few things I’ve noticed in rallies is the lack of variation of shots and the lack of changing the pace of rallies.

This is not related to how hard the players hit the ball but more to the variation in shots the CPU makes.

As a player ill hit slices when defending or throw in a slice in dragged out rallies, but I feel like unless i initiate a slice shot first the CPU will just keep hitting topspin shots no matter what the situation is.

I dont think ive actually come across a CPU hitting a looping topspin shot in a defensive situation. if that happened i reckon I would have a opportunity to use the flat shot which i haven’t need and had the opportunity to

3 Likes

You are correct. I have seen it happen where the CPU might might slice first but its like 1 in 100. They also dont seem to do many flat shots or if they are they are not hitting then anywhere near as hard as me.

I appreciate that alot of players these days dont really slice, but there are still some like Evans, Federer, even Djokovic puts the odd one in. It would be better if there were some way to have players not only play with their signature shots but also their signature game styles. Sadly, I am not sure if the latter is possible with the way the game has been designed.

1 Like

Can we make serving a bit harder. I say this because once you get your timing right it is rare to hit a fault. If we made serving harder again and aim more sensitive it will actually make the player think about aiming their serves less to the edges and in a ‘safer’ spot and or adjust their timing in which to release the ‘X’ button.

Additionally if a player is having issues with their serve they might even make use of the other serve Types which is less harsh on timing and have a lesser chance of faulting.

Finally, by making serving hard again, players might actually use ‘O” instead for their second serve which seems to be less of a flat serve but has added topspin which gets the ball in play with more bounce and less speed.

Players complained about serving being hard, but the changes really made it too easy and now players aren’t really thinking about adjusting to their own faults.

2 Likes