TIEBREAK EA - Megathread

In career mode the rank is quite fake. The other players don’t play any tournament While i’m playing mine. They only appear and play if they are in my torunament draw. Have a look at the rank at the beginning of the career first season, march, april…you will see that djoko, alcaraz, sinner and the others has the zero in the number of tournament played. Absurd.

4 Likes

wow wild needs fixed

1 Like

So there’s no chance to create a list of downloaded player like in AO Tennis 2 and put into a career mode? Or made a career with a downloaded player?

Plus…it’s possibile that when u create a player u can chose only two tipe of shirt or pants (man or woman) -.-

2 Likes

So that’s what happens!

Lots of updates on steamDB recently, hope that means updates coming in thick and fast, which is pleasing.

Hope control responsiveness gets increased soon. Along with the Increase in players lateral movement.

@JNT_BA i know people complain about the triggers, but please Keep the triggers. once you get used to it, it is great. Really pleasing to run to the backhand side and then pressing R2 to do a inside out forehand looks really nice and having more control over a player in sports game is so needed.

1 Like

The biggest problem are the speed
The strikes are too fast
and serve are too slow

You must inverse this please and add the sliders for choice of anyone

4 Likes

The strike of the ball and speed in which the ball moves seems fine imo. I feel like the issue stems from the lack of variation of shots being made, especially from the cpu which in turn allows the players to have a single speed (fast) rally feel right now, where it is who can play the bigger shot…

Additionally, imo timing plays no part in how good a shot is. as long as you get enough time to power up your shot and release the button before it goes red the shot will make it over the net.

Right now it doesn’t matter WHEN you press circle or cross or square to start your power up, you have so much leeway to when you press the button it doesn’t play a big factor.

The Ai cpu needs to start to vary their shot selection, which in turn will vary the speed of the strokes and ball. Which, if and when timing of stroke plays a bigger part of the game, will fix a lot of issues. If you start powering your shot too early you should be able to pull your shot out or wide and if your are late, more likely to hit the net, which really isn’t a big factor at the moment.

Big ant has the ability to make timing a thing, just look at their cricket games, as a batter you start off getting used to the pace of fast bowlers and really have to develop a sense of timing of when you press the button. You throw in a spinner or a medium pacer and that timing has to change. It’s adapt or die. Right now tiebreak is lacking in that department. @JNT_BA Would be good to add in a timing or footwork quality indicator just like the cricket games.

2 Likes

not agree
The big problem are speed , you must see a real tennis match , it s impossible for now to see look like at game speed

for examples of maximum possible speed and rebound

in game the rebound are too low , on kick serve and slice serve

1 Like

Can the AI opponent repositioning be changed to not move when I cycle through serve options please?
It would be more realistic if they moved their return position according to where I choose to serve from, say for example if I moved to the left or right before I server they then moved as a response to that - rather than if I wanted to slice out wide from the center of the baseline they are somehow telepathic and can tell what I’m going to do.

3 Likes

Thats why the only good solution for everyone is to give us “Sliders” :+1:

For me its the best difficulty settings ever if you can choose speed ball, speed players nad Ai, agressiveness Ai, fault rate, aim target, serve speed…

Full ace tennis simulator have a good sliders and its can be so realistic when you see speed and the ball… (Of course the animation are no good as TB)

I hope Big ant will give us Sliders :pray:

Even football game life EAFC have sliders so why tennis game don’t have ?

4 Likes

I cannot for the life of me beat Del Potro in Djokovic challenge and what really annoys me is the amount of net cords he gets and the ball just drops straight down the net giving no chance of getting to them,The cpu on hard just does not miss the angle side line shots always perfect. I would sooner pay for the alternate versions for all the players coming up than spending hours getting nowhere.

@JNT_BA

Please add 250 and 500 venues in the exhibition mod as well!

Please add CPU and AI sliders!

2 Likes

Why almost all the players in the ranking in Career mode are not playing any tournaments ??

I have played 7 weeks ane when I look at the rankings almost all the players have 0 tournaments played

Can you fix this major bug @JNT_BA please ?

Translation: they now have removed marks and wear on clay on PS5 too after the last update(idk its if true I only translated)

2 Likes

Hi there guys, I made several tests and it came out that this could be a possible solution to always crash to desktop in career mode :

Go to settings tab
Graphics settings
Set limit fps to 144

Keep in mind that you have to restart the game to save the new setting

This solved my problems with crashes, before applying this fix I suffered of continuos crash to desktop even when pausing the game during career.
Let me know if this helps.

Had two great matches with the most recent update on the ps5

Hopefully for future updates they adjust the cpu returns, they always seem to be perfectly placed close to the baseline and overpowered.

flat shots have improved, definitely have to choose when you use it.

One thing I like to see in the future is how different surfaces behave.

Played on grass and doin L1 plus topspin, I had a few occasions where the ball bounced so high it reached head height and the cpu missed it, playing on grass the ball really shouldn’t bounce that high and tends to keep low. Which should force players to choose their shots too such as using more topspin and if playing on clay, being a slower surface allows more bounce and flat shots to plus be more effective. Right now the surface doesn’t seem to matter and doesn’t force the player to adjust.

1 Like

I would say the game isn’t too bad when you are playing lower ranked players as the game speed is way more realistic and they make less errors.

Playing against the top 6-7 the speed, power and general movement is just too erratic at the moment. Its incredibly fast if both players start banging flat shots against each other and looks kind of ridiculous. They need to slow the game down for the top players and make it more realistic.

The other issue is that in my experience its the aggressive top players like Alcaraz, Sinner etc. that are making all of the errors in matches because they are set to play too aggressively and try to hit flat shots too much when their timing isn’t there.

Try playing Alcaraz on grass with difficulty set to expert and see how many errors he makes. In fact I just did it, in one set he hit 7 winners and made 23 unforced errors…

1 Like

Hopefully in future updates the timing in powering up a shot becomes more of a factor in rallies for the player and especially for the cpu.

CPU right now seems to have a perfectly timed and powered shot in rallies, especially higher ranked players and especially when they are returning.

For players if you power up your shot early enough and not go overboard to the red and have your player in reach of the ball without taking in considering the speed of the ball or the bounce or amount of spin of the ball you’ll get a pretty decent shot back.

Timing really needs to play a bigger part and when it does, I feel players will need to be more tactical in the rallies, right now I can move the cpu from left to right easily with high powered shots without really considering when I charge it up

5 Likes

Bugs that is damaging Career mode

1-Bigant, on console Playstation 5-biggest issues is when you win in one of the career doubles tournaments, the trophy looks like a tennis :tennis: racket mix INSIDE the Trophy you win. Please fix this issue.
2- Console Playstation 5-When you win one of the tournaments, the cinematic scene sometimes show the wrong losing tennis singles or doubles team celebration.
3-Bigant, the money we get from sponsor & winning tournaments, is it too much to ask or suggest to add in a CLOTHING STORE INSIDE CAREER MODE, WHERE WE CAN USE OUR HARD EARNED CASH :thinking:???

Career mode current state using the cash for only support Team will get BORING VERY QUICK

The biggest concern of the game is the speed of the ball during the exchange too fast and too slow for the serve. I notice that you do not add new animations for the backhands all generic currently and nor modifications for the shots of Federer and Alcaraz for example which are not realistic in forehand and backhand. Reassure me on it count you improve the animations of strikes and movements forward, because for the moment the player like a handicapped on the ball in front of the net

3 Likes