TIEBREAK EA - Megathread

I think using the LT and RT buttons to prepare for a shot is a great idea. It gives me a lot of satisfaction to press them and then decide whether to hit the ball with a forehand or backhand, gives a depth in the gameplay and in my opinion adds depth in the gameplay and it’s a lot of fun. I don’t find it too difficult to decide which button i have to press. As for the running and animations in general, I agree, there is a lot of room for improvement and players feel really sluggish

1 Like

When is the update??

3 Likes

Is always online just a early access thing? This is brutal for those of us playing exclusively on legion go/steam deck etc

I’m finding that aiming my serve is near impossible. I’m only moving the left stick a fraction either side and the ball goes out.

hi ,
You have to move the leftstick first and keep it maintain on the direction in order to press button to server

I know that. That’s what I’m doing.

Dear Developers,

I played a few hours with the new update. The gameplay is fantastic with the new update! The gameplay is much better and faster than before. The gameplay is fluid and better. Finally you can play long rallies.

Here are some suggestions:

• Defensive shots bounce very high, please fix it.
  • The drops and slice don’t bounce high enough.
  • On Expert difficulty the game is too easy.
  • In another thread, I made a suggestion on how to improve the afternoon shadows on the Miami and Monte-Carlo venues.
  • Add ball girls and ball boys.
  • Add camera men.
  • Add line judges.
  • Add more ATP 250 and ATP 500 venues.
  • The colours could be improved a bit, they look faded a bit.

Thank you for your work so far! Keep it up!

1 Like

A few more observations

• Easier to hit serves, that’s good.
  • Easier to hit top spin and flat strokes, that’s good.
  • I noticed that the nets seem to be a bit red!
  • Adrenaline skills we can switch on or off in settings.
  • Grigor Dimitrov only wears a wristband on his right wrist and he uses a Wilson Pro Staff 97.
  • Frances Tiafoe uses a Yonex Percept 97.

For me it’s not possible to continue with LT/RT, it causes too many problems. It’s not intuitive.
When the ball is in the middle, it’s hard to choose and if you choose the wrong button the player runs without hitting the ball, it happens so many times.
Besides as the ball is fast, you have to anticipate and to choose LT or RT before the opponent’s shot… once again, if you choose the wrong button it’s over.

I have no problem with it, I can use it and I think it’s useful. It takes a lot of practice and you can do it.

Making the game harder on Expert difficulty is so crucial. Please Big Ant, make the game as hard as possible on the highest difficulty. We don’t want to end up winning all our matches so easily because the game will become extremely boring and will actually die.

3 Likes

Today’s update (early 4) is the most significant for me in terms of gameplay.
Great progress! They are really focusing on the gameplay, it feels much better the control of the players, the rallies are better now. Keep it up.

As I said in the other thread, I think the stamina is a great decision, I liked it, and the adrenaline mode is the opposite, I don’t like it at all.

The AI is playing better too, but I feel it makes few mistakes when taken to a point of forced error, and misses absurd and easy to put in the field shots. I noticed that it abuses the underarm serve, if before the toss we take the player backwards many times it does it. I think he should be particular for each player and not abuse it.

Please change the chair umpire’s outfit, he looks like an All Blacks rugby player!

2 Likes

In my opinion, after today’s update, the gameplay is final because it’s so good and complete. I am very satisfied with it. The gameplay is fluid and smooth. The physics of the ball is also good. The movements are also quite good.

There’s no way it’s finished, it still needs to improve the animations as well. For me it is far from feeling 100% smooth. The physics of the ball is mediocre, it lacks weight, it seems to float.

3 Likes

I used to feel that the ball was too heavy and slow. Now it feels perfect. Everyone feels differently, everyone likes it differently. :slightly_smiling_face:

This here is exactly a situation where it comes down to the feel of gameplay to each person. Throughout the EA process, as I read all the support tickets the team works through, some have been like “not fast enough!” Then the next person is “it’s too fast slow it down!” This is something we have to continually evaluate every time we change something on the smallest of impacts to gameplay.

Ball physics are another one we hear it’s too lofty it’s too heavy. Then with each small change we do we have to evaluate the differences each and everytime. Unfortunately there is no one size fits all so then we look at ways we can accommodate to see if we can make it work for as many play styles as we can.

3 Likes

Maybe you could create a slider in the settings for the ball speed.

4 Likes

Perhaps such a slider could be created for something other than just ball speed. For example ball physics, etc. This would also be useful because it would allow everyone to shape the game to their own liking. You developers wouldn’t have to constantly change and test.

1 Like

Hi Big Ant

I’ve one main gameplay main points and three questions off that. The gameplay overall is good. I think the animations look better all the time the big problem one is still running forward still doesn’t look right but if that’s fixed it’s really really good

Point 2 more of a question. In career mode will we be able to import created arenas and logos for the grand slams ? If so that would be epic I’m just wondering if that feature will be present

Thirdly , will create a tournament be possible in academy I saw create a arena and also create a player and finally will it be possible to create playfaces in create a player? Thanks

I think you should decrease ball speed and players speed so the mechanics will be more fluent.
I understand those who will say that it’s good like that but the goal is to please as many people as possible and as it currently stands the mechanics will be too complicated for many, especially with the release of TS which is much more arcade.

1 Like