TIEBREAK EA - Megathread

Is it possible to add weight to the players or make them more stable? They move too much in all directions between points.

4 Likes

Some suggestions for the clay court:

• Reworking the texture of the surface. At the moment, the texture of the surface seems to be of low quality, and the colour does not resemble the real thing.
  • The ball mark and slide should be visible.
  • The quality of the surface should change as the sets progress ( Look Top Spin 2K25 ). At the end of each set, the surface should be returned to its original state, simulating that the surface has been swept.
3 Likes

There’s a chance to have any of the grand slams in the game?

@JNT_BA

Player movements -

From what I’m seeing the player movements are a bit too quick especially on accelerations

Foot positioning when setting up for a shot. Player appears to partially ‘‘slide’’ into position

Slice - Unable to see any spin off a slice, would be nice to see side/back spin after the bounce

Net play - AI netplay improved, however, still some questionable decisions by the AI at the net.

Scrambling - To the net doesn’t seem fluent

Net - More of an impact if the ball hits it

Player animations - Better player animations when cheering/angry

3 Likes

It would also be good to improve the volley animations. Unfortunately the volley is a weak point in the game. If you watch a match on TV, you’ll see that the volleys are sharp, down-cutting and fast. In the game, they are slow, difficult to control, and the shots go up instead of down.

3 Likes
  • Remove Daniil Medvedev wristband, he is not wear wristband.
  • Grigor Dimitrov only wears a long wristband on his right wrist and he uses a Wilson Pro Staff 97.
  • Give nishioka a cap
  • Give kyrgios and dimitrov a backwards cap or headband for dimitrov
  • Serving needs to be improved, maybe a new serving mechanic, its very hard to ace currently
  • Volley and net animations needs to be added/changed to make it more relastic
  • Make Ai on expert much harder to beat make ai have less errors, more winners, more aces
  • Ratings for players - give them ratings for forehand, backhand, serve, power and stamina and also the other main things, because it feels like all players forehands and backhands are as good as each other, which is not the case for example alcaraz forehand is better than is backhand which is what is should be like in the game
  • Add something like skills/strenghts for the majority of the players, like alcaraz would be Great forehand and drop shot expert a bit like topspin
2 Likes

Below are some suggestions :arrow_down:

• Movement without using LT or RT is too slow
  • Non perfect strokes often go too high, they are too slow
  • Make slice more useful
  • Slice serve overpowered
  • Add keyboard as option to play
  • Those :+1:t2::-1:t2: animations are awesome, add more specific to every player

And some non gameplay things, it would be great to have trophy room in career mode so we can preview all the trophies that we won.
Also waiting screen before match when there is a picture of a player with some info like his age, residence, when turned pro, it would be nice to add his country flag and also all the trophies that he/she won, there is a lot of space to add and it will be a nice touch and to learn about more while waiting.

And one question, will there be all 4 grand slam arenas?

Keep up the good work, cheers.

1 Like

The ball speed now with this update is perfectly fine…no need to change it…only change other things like animations when players hit the ball…just keep doing what you do with the next updates…you are moving in the right direction…the Gameplay feels much better now…thanks for your efforts and keep it going :+1:

2 Likes

Add more ATP 250 and ATP 500 venues

• Auckland
  • Adelaide
  • Brisbane
  • Rio de Janeiro
  • Delray Beach
  • Barcelona
  • Halle
  • Eastbourne
  • Washington

Definitely game should be harder on extreme level.

3 Likes

I also think the ball lacks weight. we must have the feeling that the strikes are more impactful

1 Like

One solution would be to make a Legend difficulty, and then Expert can remain as it is now.

• Give different players different playstyles so lots of the players play differently when playing against them, for example medvedev would be a basliner and would almost always stay on the baseline and barely serve and volley
6 Likes

What I want to see improved/changed in this game :

1. Improve the movement of the players
  2. Add clay specific sliding animations
  3. Make the ball bounce differently based on the surface we play
  4. Make the game harder on the highest difficulty
  5. Improve net play animations
  6. Remove the zooming when serving
  7. Bring back the traditional serving gameplay, where you press different buttons in order to make different serving shots
  8. Add ball kids and tennis equipment in the benches
  9. Add sorry animation when ball hits the net and lands in
  10. AI should not make under arm services that often
  11. Different players should have different playstyles and not every single AI player play the exact same way (not talking only about animations).

You said your goal with Tiebreak is to make it the best tennis game ever made. The best tennis game ever made should at least improve those 11 things I listed.

7 Likes

Tournament mode is now locked…

@JNT_BA , here are some elements that could also maybe be improved:

1 - Put inertia on the controlled player
Something that Top Spin has achieved, because from there, when you feel the player, you have the impression that you really have your feet on the ground, you feel the character and therefore the feeling and the precision come with that.
Here on TieBreak it needs some improvements. If you fix that, there’s a way to get the best tennis game ever, to feel the player and also the impact of the ball.

2 - There is also a very unpleasant thing of often not going towards the ball and changing trajectory. It is with the left joystick, often we want to change the trajectory of the ball, well in fact it is the player who changes direction. This happens to me very often in games

Cheers, keep up the good work

3 Likes

Hi
I hope you’re fine
I played near 80 hours since the start of the Early Access.
The game seems to be better and better patch after patch.

Thanks you for listening customers, it’s very rare now.

The roster is amazing but we need some changes in the gameplay.

• players movs : more inertia is needed, they moved too fast in every position. If I made a power forehand the CPU stopped to early its run. So the game feels too easy, even on Expert.

-ball physics : need a lot of work, the rebound is top low. I want to see the grasse too. More sliddings on clay

• AI : I think there is no strategy, the CPU has no strategy. I want to see volley, strongs forehand/backhand, more agressivity when there is a break ball, etc…

• sound : the public is too quiet, we need more ambiance in the venues

• animations : great work on signature moves, I really appreciate. But sometimes, I saw weird transitions, the player didn’t hit the ball near it, made a slow strike.

TieBreak has a lot of potential, please fixed these problems and the game will be very nice.

Last question : release date of career mode?

3 Likes

Hello BigAnt,
Will it be possible to add the outfits creating on the pro players?
I don’t want to recreate a pro player to add him new outfits because your job on faces is awesome and we will not be able to do the same.

4 Likes

Hi, will the game support PlayStation buttons on Steam? I have a dualsense gamepad and the view of the Xbox buttons is annoying.