Wish list for rugby 24

*changes password.

You are literally the least secret person on the planet.

1 Like

You donā€™t even have a password :nerd_face:

1 Like

Looks like something my dad would do tbf. Though, with a little pizzaz ā€¦ like a border or something?

easily done. Iā€™m in the midst of some AFL23 mods so not much effort has gone inā€¦
Many Rugby clubs seem to ahve some sort of shield graphic

1 Like

Oh, I have just seen the one without colour. That is cool as is.

Well I am changing that.

**Adds password

This is one i made for our Rc4 comps. Itā€™s not the best but I enjoy making them. Happy to make any if needed lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty impressive my guy. Nice job.

1 Like

Not sure if the developers actually read this, but one very important detail for sports game immersions is player gear.

1. An easy thing to add in would be grip socks that almost 50% of players wear. It is just a white socks between the boots and the game socks. (Pictured here). 5/8 players in this picture alone are wearing them.

THIS NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME.

1. Another easy addition is ankle tape above the boot (spats) as a few players wear as well (such as RG Snyman currently and Joe Marler has in the past).
    IMG_5207

Please add these gear options.

2 Likes

Pictured is the ankle tape that a handful of props and locks wear as well.
IMG_5208

Ankle tape might be a stretch, but AFL 23 has various knee and wrist strappings.
As for the grip socks, you might find that one of the sock templates allows for a white lower part which could be used for that purpose.

Yeah I understand the ankle tape as it is not as common.

But the grip socks are so common they NEED to be in the game. Iā€™m not talking for creating a uniform.

It needs to be a separate gear option to equip to current players/created players. It is an insanely easy addition for a developer and if they want the top players to have the best possible likeness, having them in the correct gear is part of that.

Probably 50% of all players wear them, so tell how can that not be in the game?ā€¦More common than a scrum cap or any body tape.

1 Like

I have never even noticed these were a thing :rofl:

I mean, I love detail but are these THAT necessary for your immersion?

Not trying to knock your idea, if they are important to you it would be cool if they were in the game for you.

Iā€™m just not so sure that level of detail would be included. I find this fascinating that you feel these are so needed over everything else :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I hope they add grip socks to the accessories. Jalibert, Ntamack, Mounga, Mckenzie pretty much every back in europe wears them. It would look so cool seeing the white socks flashing as the player runs with ball in 2 handsā€‹:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

No, itā€™s actually very important, especially when trying to make the characters as realistic as possible.

You may not notice it cause you donā€™t pay attention to players gear, but developers trying to make a realistic game need to pay attention to that.

Almost all backs and many forwards wear these. Owen Farrell, Bundee Aki, Jack Crowley, Ntamack, Jalibert, Fikou, Finn Russel, Van de Merwe, Richie Mouonga, Paulo Garbisi, Aaron Smith, Henry Sladeā€¦the list goes on and on.

Think about it this way, you see how many players wear wrist tape and thatā€™s a small detail. Just as many players wear the white grip socks, so tell me why that wouldnā€™t be in the game? Just cause itā€™s on their feet and not upper body to obviously see?

Itā€™s an integral piece of equipment for immersion.

1 Like

Take a deep breath.

I didnā€™t say it was not important :slightly_smiling_face: I said I donā€™t find it important.

I said I hope itā€™s in there for you. That was genuine.

But I couldnā€™t care less lol.

1 Like

Sorry if I came of wrong. Iā€™m chill.

Iā€™m just wondering your thoughts on why a very important piece of many players equipment and style shouldnā€™t be in the game?

1 Like

If the devs turn around and say that it will take another 2 months to develop an interface to allow grip socks and that the game will need to be changed massively and youā€™d have to wait the two months longer for initial release, then Iā€™d be happy without grip socks,

1 Like

Well yes, of course not if they delayed just for that. But have you ever worked on game development before?

I went to school for it and it is very simple to develop such a small piece of code and to create the sock textures with graphic design. It would just be the artist drawing and texturing a 1 inch sock and putting in code to turn it ON/OFF.

2 Likes